It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confronting Islamophobia photo exibit in NYC tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can't belive it.

Islamic terrorists attack and destroy the WTC buildings, yet the U.N. has the nerve to run this Unlearning Intolerance seminar on "Confronting Islamophobia: Education for Tolerance and Understanding" photo exibit in NYC!

AND PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE IT!

UN PRESS RELEASE

An exhibition, entitled "ISLAM", showcasing the virtuosic work of the Iranian photographer Abbas, opens at United Nations Headquarters on Tuesday, 7 December. The exhibition occurs in conjunction with the Unlearning Intolerance seminar on "Confronting Islamophobia: Education for Tolerance and Understanding", to be held at the United Nations on the same day.
U.N. Chronicle

Amazing.

I Cant Belive it.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe you should go to that photo exibit and learn something.
Not ALL Islamics are terrorists and not ALL terrorists are islamic.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree with ANOK. I knew there were some silly people on this message board, but bigots? I thought everyone here was better than that, but obviously not. I think you should attend this seminar, it would do you some good and hopefully enlighten you, getting rid of your bigotry.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I can't belive it.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by makeitso]

Hey you know what I can't believe? YOU!
I'm not islamic, however I can't believe that you are such a prejudice person. Just because someone is Islamic, does not mean there have ANYTHING to do with Terrorism. It's so sad that you feel this way, I really feel sorry for you.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I've always wondered why CNN never made an effort to waver it's by-partisan orthodoxy and educate the American public on the sociocultural climate of the Middle East, and of the Islamic faith; being that the Education system and government have very little interest. I remember redundant Christian documentries, pastors, preists, and the like, discussing thier views on the situations at home and abroad..

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I can't belive it.

Islamic terrorists attack and destroy the WTC buildings, yet the U.N. has the nerve to run this Unlearning Intolerance seminar on "Confronting Islamophobia: Education for Tolerance and Understanding" photo exibit in NYC!

AND PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE IT!

Perhaps your reaction to this is the very reason why there is a need for such an exhibit.
Tell me... Why is this exhibit a problem?

The exhibit should be barred on the basis of actions committed by very few people of Islam (When considering the numbers of Islamic peoples across the world - Over 1 Billion)?

That's just like condemning all people to silence because of the assumptions and xenophobic expressions of people like you. You are not an accurate representation of all human beings, just as the 9/11 terrorists are not an accurate representation of most Muslims.

Deal with it.

new topics

top topics

join