It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Midnight Game - Free Indie Horror Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The Midnight Game is actually based upon a myth of a pagan ritual in which those who had broken "pagan" laws were punished, or it was a ritual for "thrill seekers".

This game was just released back on August 31, so it's pretty new. You can download it and play it totally for free from Mod DB.

Basically, (and there are rules and game play explanations in the game), you have to search the house for 3 objects: A candle, Some matches, and a knife. Once you have all 3, you have to write your name on a piece of paper, put a drop of blood on the paper, and place the paper at your front door of your house. Then turn off all the lights, light your candle, and at exactly midnight, knock on your front door 22 times. Then blow out the candle: you've just invited the Midnight Man into your house.

You need to QUICKLY light the candle again, and then avoid the Midnight Man until 3:33 am. You can't turn the lights back on. If your candle suddenly goes out....it means he is right next to you, and you must quickly light the candle again. Did I mention that you only have a few matches? You can find more in other draws in the house.

Did I also mention that when the game starts, you only have 5 minutes to complete the ritual?

Here's the first 2 episodes I've done. The first one, I get killed pretty quickly. The 2nd one, I get to run around the house with the Midnight Man chasing me...pretty scary!

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just got done making a new Let's Play video for this. I almost got to the end of the game! I'll be uploading the full video later, but for now, here's a very short highlight of me getting scared:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After talking with the game developers at Unicorn Studios, they figured I had downloaded an older version of the game and had me redownload directly from indieDB.com.

Tuns out that fixed my issue with the knife not being visible. So I was able to play it just fine now.

I made a third episode in which I made it to 2:45 AM (to date, NO ONE has beaten the game and made it to 3:33 AM that they know of).

This was one of the SCARIEST videos I made yet! The game succeeded in getting my heart rate up something good! It was almost a relief to get nailed! Check it out when you get a chance:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I played again, only this time I had my blood pressure monitor hooked up to me while playing this!

You have NO idea how messed up it is to play a scary game while something is SQUEEZING the heck out of your arm!

new topics

top topics

join