It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rewrite of the Star Wars Prequels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am rather dissatisified with the prequels as a lot of the older Star Wars fans are.
So I decided to give it a go at creating a script for all three movies.

These scripts will be a bit of work in progress, obviously.
I'll write as the bug bites and time allows.
Feel free to offer advice and if you want to, contribute.

Star Wars Episode One "The Phantom Menace"

*Start Iconic Music*
*Start opening scroll*
*Star Wars Logo*

"Episode One
The Phantom Menace
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.......

It has been a period of relative peace and prosperity. The
Jedi Council and the Galactic Republic beneficient rule
has fostered peace and prosperity for thousands of years.
But dark clouds move on the horizon.

The dark ships of an unknown enemy has been raiding worlds on the
outer rim. Where ever these ships attack. Nothing is left alive.
Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has been dispatched by the Jedi
Council to investigate."

*Starfield and a greenish purple and blue planet fades into view as the last of the scroll leaves the screen.
Off in the distance can be seen large capital ships apparently bombarding the planet as smaller ships fly down to the planet below.
Flashes of what looks like large scale detonations can be seen on the planet below.
A battle is obviously raging.*

*A small ship flies into view from the bottom of the screen.
Seen at an 90 degree angle from the back.
Sporatic red beams of energy weapons fire from the ship's yet unseen pursuers fly around and occasionally strike the fleeing ship.
As the ship flies into the middle of the screen you see it's pursuers.
Three fighters flying in formation and that are firing on the larger fleeing ship.
One hit strikes the rear of the ship.
Cut to the cockpit of the ship as it rocks.
In it we see a pilot frantically trying to pilot the ship and Obi-Wan standing over him nearly being thrown off his feet with the latest hit.*

Pilot: *adjusting some knobs, throwing some levers, and looking slightly scared as he pilots the ship* We are about to jump. You need to get buckled in. That last hit seems to have knocked something loose.

Obi-Wan: *nodding, serene* We've been through worse. I have no doubt in your ability.

*Obi-Wan then nods and starts to go back as the ship is rattled by repeated blasts of varying intensity.
Camera follows him as he makes it to his seat and gets buckled in.
Shot then cuts to the ship as it jumps to hyperspace.
Leaving it's pursuers behind.*

More to come.........
edit on 7-9-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

As a Star Wars fan try to make the prequel longer, like focus more on how Anakin and Obi Wan developed their relationship. Show how they first met, Obi Wan training him, giving advice and most of all show how Obi Wan and Anakin cared about each other as brothers.

This will make their fateful Duel in Mustafar more tragic and emotional. They have a great relationship only to be scattered due to opposing philosophies.

Funny thing their was a rumor George Lucas wished he remade the prequels

shutupandwatchthemovie.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Wow. Your username has never been more relevant I bet.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Oh I intend to.
My intention is to cut out Qui-Gon Jinn completely out.
I may have him pop up however.
Just because I don't hate the character.

Where I am going so far is to have Obi-Wan crash land on Tatooine relatively near to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru's farm.
With Uncle Owen actually being Anakin's brother and having grown up with him.
Meaning Uncle Owen will be about twenty 24 or so and Anakin being say 20 or so.
I HATED the whole pod racing and Anakin being a little kid thing.
Anyway, Uncle Owen will find and help Obi-Wan and mention that his brother.
Who is convienently currently at Mos Eisley is a pilot.
And take Obi-Wan to see him so Anakin can make some money.

I plan on Anakin being slightly like Han.
Based off something I heard about women favoring men like their father.

Eventually I plan that Obi-Wan will be the one that decides to train Anakin despite the council advising him not to.
And have them basically become rather close.
Not what we see in the travesties.
With, basically, Obi-Wan's not really being ready to train anyone and Anakin's strength in the force being factors in why Anakin falls to the dark side at the end.
Basically, true to what Obi-Wan said in the first movie.

Anyway, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Hmmmm make Owen a half brother since it makes more sense if Anakin was born via virgin birth to make him a Chosen One or he has a vision from the spirit of the Force(Makes the Force more mystical since the original trilogy mentioned the Force is a mystical energy) telling him he has a destiny.

Put some elements of Harvey Dent/Two Face's personality from Nolanverse in Anakin. Like show him that he believes in Justice before his descend to the Dark Side.

In fact I find Harvey Dent/Two Face fall to the Dark Side more interesting than Anakin.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I didn't really like the whole "Chosen One" prophecy either and the Virgin Birth thing even less.
That and Uncle Owen had some rather strong opinions about things to do with someone he supposedly didn't really know all that well.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Star Wars fan try to make the prequel longer, like focus more on how Anakin and Obi Wan developed their relationship. Show how they first met, Obi Wan training him, giving advice and most of all show how Obi Wan and Anakin cared about each other as brothers.

That doesn't make so much as a heap of sense ... you don't train anyone, by being his brother. You're doing that person a disfavor. Especially if you are training him in lethal acts. The person needs to be focused, and the only way to keep a person focused, is to keep him alert and angry.

The problem with the Star Wars series, is that it's a political mumbo jumbo, that seeps through a lot of Propaganda on WWII, different US conflicts, after that. All focusing on the US being the alliance, and all the others being evil. Maybe this approach makes sense, to some brainwashed Americans, who learned history from propaganda TV Incorporated. But it is precisely this, that makes people not satisfied with the Movies. Because deep in their unconsicous, they know ... it isn't so. So a battle begins, between your unconscious and conscious mind ... and 99% of the people, don't comprehend this battle.

Either, avoid the rhetoric ... like your own emotions telling you just have to put forward that Putin is a bad man, and Obama is an angel. You'll never get that anywhere, because everybody is going to disagree on that subject.

A good example, is Avatar. You wanna tell a good story, and have the history of Indians in the Americas, have a different outcome ... sure, make it Adventurous. Don't focus on the politics, focus on the outcome. You can even bring in the "love of the nature" aspect, in it. Point is, as long as most people don't make the correlation. That's where Coppola failed, in Star Wars. The episodes don't match ... as in some parts, it's politics, in some pars it's adventures. The adventure makes it wonderful, the politics makes it stupid.

edit on 7/9/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I have my own version.

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away..the prequels never happened.

The irony is that the expanded universe does star wars more justice than the actual movies do. The books and the video games have a greater respect for the history and tradition especially when it comes to the sith. Not to mention that the EU has matured the series and taken it to places that the movies wouldn't dare to go.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Topher Grace apparently edited all 3 movies into one 85 minute film. According to the few that have seen it it's really good. You can read a short list of the stuff that hit his cutting room floor here.

You can watch the trailer here It looks pretty awesome. It's too bad it'll never see the light of day.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Personality of a character is also important too. One of the reasons why the Dark Knight won academy awards was because Heath Ledger was able to portray the Joker realistically.

Plus In the movie it shows Harvey Dent's fall into the Dark side as Two Face. Honestly I wish the way Anakin turn to Darth Vader was similar to how he fell. Harvey Dent's fall into the Dark Side seems to be more personal than Darth Vader and to some people that's what makes him more scary since it can happen to anyone.

Well yes I understand the adventurous aspect of Star Wars, character of a person is more important too

My complaint about the Prequels are the Characters are just too bland.
edit on 7-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Do me a favor - If you must have Anakin and Padme, please do not make Padme a cradle robber, and when it comes to the pregnancy and Anakin's descent into the darkside, please make it more complex than Anakin's delusions and worries about her death. Also, if the only hints we have about time progressing are Padme's pregnancy which is covered up anyhow so that it seems Anakin goes from whiny insecure teenager to evil whiny, insecure teenager who is willing to massacre a bunch of kids just to keep his secret wife from dying a death she may not die ...

Oh, please just make the pacing and descent into evil better ... and more believable.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree.
His descent into darkness was horribly botched.

And I plan on Anakin not being a freaking little kid so the cradle robbing will not happen.

More should be coming up fairly soon by the way.
edit on 7-9-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I would like to ask you some questions about your prequels:
- How old is Obi-Wan in Episode I?
- The Sith exist in your prequels or not?
- You plan to start the Clone Wars in this episode or in the next one?
- You will comply with the canon established in the Original Trilogy?

And you would have to improve the format of the script, you know, put int. or ext., the place of the scene, etc.
Thanks
edit on 8-9-2014 by hjames87 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join