It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Internet Cursor is flagged! WTF??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have noticed that my Internet cursor is now showing as a pole with a flag on the top (see top pic), although I have done nothing to change it - and no matter how much I zoom in (see bottom pic), the flag remains the same size, although the pole increases. I doubt this would be the case if I had inadvertently changed the shape/form of my cursor. The cursor on my pc offline remains normal. My question is, have I now been 'flagged' by the powers that be? Any ideas out there, ATS'ers?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

How do you know it's TPTB?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Are you sure you didn't press the [insert] key. That switches the cursor from a square block to a little [ shape.

The icon that really annoys is that no-entry sign that appears for some reason.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Who else would be interested enough to muck around with my cursor, or have the capability to do it? Some random hacker?

It's also curious to me that it's as a 'flag' - what better way to discreetly 'tag' someone - maybe as nuisance value, if nothing else.

I'm open to any ideas or knowledge you may have.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret
My question is, have I now been 'flagged' by the powers that be? Any ideas out there, ATS'ers?

YES..this seems way more likely then any one of a billion technical glitches that could cause it or something similar.
Let's start with the obvious, do you experience it in multiple browsers? have you rebooted?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

That was a lot of help!

Aha! I see now! That was one of those disinfo, derailing, side-tracking ploys by a TPTB member to totally destroy this honest little thread and deflect his/here implied maliciousness away from your alphabet agency? Have you agents no shame? I mean, it is OK to collect your paychecks over the really serious stuff like UFOs, 9/11 and diseased chickens, but give the little guy a nice break once in awhile.

(My guess would be an errant developer's cursor.)

edit on 6-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No.

Just, no.

TPTB did not hack your text cursor. However since your'e on Fedbook you can count on the NSA storing all of your data until the end of time.

edit on 6-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Try the Control Panel...

Look for Mouse > Pointers > Text Select

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Thanks for this reply. Yes, I am aware that all my info is being collected and stored. *sad sigh*

In fact, I also realised that Google Earth is also providing photographic details of our homes as well! Imagine the strategic value of this in the case of war or even civil disobedience! Even the suburbs can provide details such as socio-economic standing, etc. And the state of the premises could say a lot too.

I suspect that they are now using the garbage collector's to take these photos on their rounds, because the updated pics show wheelie bins on the pavements/nature reserves of houses that are only 1.5 miles apart with rubbish collections on completely different days of the week.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for taking the trouble to do this, Murgatroid.

I had a look as you suggested. I have no scheme selected, and the cursor which is showing is the same as in your pic, and I did check through all the cursors available within 'text', but none fit the bill...

(P.S. I so do agree with your quote from Michael Ellner!)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, and the 'insert' key seems to have no effect at all on my cursor.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Who else would be interested enough to muck around with my cursor, or have the capability to do it? Some random hacker?

It's also curious to me that it's as a 'flag' - what better way to discreetly 'tag' someone - maybe as nuisance value, if nothing else.

Have you gotten outside and taken a walk or got any fresh air lately? Sometimes that is all that is needed to lessen any unwarranted sense of paranoia.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you had been "flagged" by TPTB (you haven't)......why on earth do you think they would turn your cursor into a little flag?

seriously, if you were being monitored for anything they would just monitor you.....they wouldn't turn your cursor into a little flag to let you know that they were watching you would they?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Download MalwareBytes. Install it and run a full scan (assuming you're on a Windows box, for linux you'll want to sudo apt-get install clamscan).

You may have picked up some malware that has an effect on text boxes input. Outside of that, I sincerely doubt a hack.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Hmmm... good points!

No, my cursor is unchanged in FireFox, so to me that's strange. It's in/through IE that it is showing a flag cursor - in whatever online program I use, including here at ATS.

Rebooting doesn't change the cursor either...

link   

Hmmmm, I'm stumped...

I would try some different Google searches next.

This search for example might give you some ideas.

link   
you have crapware on your browser, i'm guessing you use internet explorer, stop using that and clean your computer.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks for the support, Aliensun - much appreciated!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Why do you think you're important enough to track? Or track with an icon change?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

Have you gotten outside and taken a walk or got any fresh air lately? Sometimes that is all that is needed to lessen any unwarranted sense of paranoia.

I'm not sure if your tone is friendly or sarcastic, but I have to agree that you do have a point, except that it may be warranted.

Since I have discovered for myself that 'Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner' I have become a trifle outspoken in as many platforms as I can find and no doubt, have ruffled some feathers along the way!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join