It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of the UN Takeover of American Water Supplies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

and

Obama Refuses to Bail Out the People of Detroit

Something is up with water.

Detroit has cut off water to many who can't pay the bills.

So what is happening with all that?

What are people doing?

Moving out? Living without?

This story has some interesting correlations to Agenda 21, Obama, and the water problem in Detroit.

The EPA (currently Obama controlled) may be up to something as well.

The U.N. is watching the Detroit crisis.

Millions of children under five die every year due to toxic germ-infested unsafe drinking water. This means that almost four babies a minute die from a lack of water according to UN-Water’s estimations. In the 2014 World Water Report released on the eve of World Water Day, the UN said that 768 million people do not have adequate access to water, 2.5 billion do not have access to improved sanitation. Among the deprived are a significant number of people in Detroit. It would seem that the problems of the third world are being visited upon Detroit and soon the rest of the country.

Obama has taken American taxpayer funds to bail out the privately owned General Motors. Obama has helped himself to the same pot of money and has devastated this country by bailing out key Wall Street businesses (e.g. Goldman Sachs). However, when it comes to helping 700,000 residents of Detroit, they are not worthy of anObama bailout, even when their health and their very lives are being put in danger by severe third world economic conditions that are currently present in Detroit.

An Environmental Protection Agency draft proposal could end up allowing the agency to regulate bodies of water, no matter how small, located on private property.

The proposal is intended to clarify the EPA’s regulatory authority under the Clean Water Act.

While the EPA argues that the rulemaking is necessary to clear up uncertainties left in the wake of two Supreme Court rulings, Republicans argue that the agency’s action could amount to one of the biggest private property grabs in history.

EPA clean water rule could extend agency’s reach over private property

What *IS* the "Plan" ?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As we share about 25% of the worlds renewable water, I'm more afraid of America trying to take over the Great Lakes. If it hasn't started already.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
As we share about 25% of the worlds renewable water, I'm more afraid of America trying to take over the Great Lakes. If it hasn't started already.

You should be more worried about the loophole that gives Nestle Corporation free reign as to how much water they take and SELL!

A provision of the Great Lakes Compact allows water to be diverted from the basin if it is in containers holding less than 5.7 gallons. The question is whether bottling water from the aquifers that feed the lakes, the largest repository of fresh water on Earth, should be seen as ordinary human consumption, commercial production, or export of a treasured natural resource.

In August, Nestle Waters North America was granted permits for a new well and pipeline at its Ice Mountain facility in Mecosta County, Mich., where it bottles 700,000 gallons a day. Nestle also recently renewed permits for its plant in Guelph, Ontario. Both have sparked vocal opposition from those who say the industry is privatizing a public good and harming the environment

Bottled Water at Issue in Great Lakes

As to the OP, the EPA was just called out on a secret map they have been hiding!

Blueprint for water ‘control’? Pol says EPA made secret maps for new regulatory push

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The UN can't do anything about the water shut-offs in Detroit except tsk-tsk the situation and donate bottled water. What's really concerning though is the corporate take over of water such as Nestle still drawing water from California aquifers as hundreds have run out of tap water.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is a great topic. There are many documentaries on these issues, you could link.

The EPA really just needs to just get to the point and tell people how much they're going to charge for this now.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The UN can't do anything about the water shut-offs in Detroit except tsk-tsk the situation and donate bottled water. What's really concerning though is the corporate take over of water such as Nestle still drawing water from California aquifers as hundreds have run out of tap water.

But they sure can "make waves".....

A United Nations team of experts said Wednesday that Detroit officials’ decision to shut off water service to thousands of residents who are late in paying bills is an affront to human rights.

“Disconnection of water services because of failure to pay due to lack of means constitutes a violation of the human right to water and other international human rights,” the U.N. officials said in a news release. “Because of a high poverty rate and a high unemployment rate, relatively expensive water bills in Detroit are unaffordable for a significant portion of the population.”

The U.N. assessment comes days after a coalition of welfare rights groups — including the Detroit People’s Water Board, Food and Water Watch and Canada-based Blue Planet Project — pleaded in an open letter for the world body to intervene.

UN panel: Detroit water cutoffs violate human rights

and....
Water is a Human Right: Detroit Residents Seek U.N. Intervention as City Shuts Off Taps to Thousands

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
considering there seems to have been a couple of appeals to the UN over the Detroit situation it is a bit worrisome. that gives an excuse. on top of that i recall hearing something about some countries including China trying to say North America's fresh water should belong to the world. now we all know both Canada and the US pretty much tell the UN where they can stick their "requests", and are powerless with no military to enforce their edicts. but what if countries such as China already stating their belief that North American fresh water belonged to the world, became that military force to be used to enforce what they both want?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Beward of dead U.N. troops trying.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

UN intervention doesn't mean taking over anything. It means diplomacy and charity.
Jeezaloo...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

UN intervention doesn't mean taking over anything. It means diplomacy and charity.
Jeezaloo...

I hope you are right.

But what about any future (or existing) treaties?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Beward of dead U.N. troops trying.

And what "UN Troops" would these be? The UN has no troops.

And as the US is on the UNSC, nothing can be done without the US agreeing to it.

Honestly, these "the UN is gonna get us!" threads just display a total lack of knowledge on what the UN is and how it works.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74What's really concerning though is the corporate take over of water such as Nestle still drawing water from California aquifers as hundreds have run out of tap water.

Nestlé's right to make money overrides your right to drink and bathe.

As to the OP, it's been said for years; The next big wars will be fought over water.

A global problem: How to avoid war over water

It's just another problem that will diminish the nation in the eyes of foreign powers. North Korea and Russia have mocked us over Ferguson, we're being accused of human rights violations over the Mexican border and now we have an American city restricting access to clean water to tens of thousands of its residents because of money.

As we progress so do our needs. We've moved well beyond what America's founding has established and recognized many other rights being inalienable. It's just a matter of time before 'clean water' is among them.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I live in the Chicago area. We already have Chinese tankers in the great lakes loading up on fresh water and taking it home. At least that's the story here. I haven't seen one myself so I can only repeat what I have heard...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Have to be ratified...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That just sounds ridiculous - sending tankers half way round the world to bring some water back. Surely this would also be a violation of Canadian and US sovereignty? There has been suggestion of a scheme in Alaska to do this, as China needs pure fresh water for making computer chips, but this is apparently not cost efficient for residential consumption, just industrial.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Have to be ratified...

But But

What *IF* some real crazy nuts get control of Congress and the Presidency and sign away our rights?

I bet the Lobbyists are "International" too !!

What if somebody buys off all our politicians for Agenda 21?

Is that beyond possibility?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I honestly don't know. Its jus the rumor here. The way I heard it they come here loaded with something, then load up on water as they work their way back out to open sea. How anyone knows that or who said it is beyond me. But I have been hearing about it off and on for a year or so. It sounded inefficient at the very least to me, but its been persistent...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The U.N. assessment comes days after a coalition of welfare rights groups — including the Detroit People’s Water Board, Food and Water Watch and Canada-based Blue Planet Project — pleaded in an open letter for the world body to intervene.

UN panel: Detroit water cutoffs violate human rights

and....
Water is a Human Right: Detroit Residents Seek U.N. Intervention as City Shuts Off Taps to Thousands

Hmmm.

In this Globalist Utopia where Corporations go abroad for their own interests and hold no allegiance to any country, I support American's going abroad also for their interests if our bought and paid for government does nothing about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nestle has a plant here in Danville, VA. Our water source was the victim of a coal ash spill. I cant help but wonder if the two are related..a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lewis Black nailed this.

**NOTE**

***GRAPHIC***

Many F'bombs. But he's right:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join