It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren: The People's Champion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
a reply to: FyreByrd

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

Well we don't need to be concerned about this then since the last 5 presidents have been serving the wealthy minority.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr

The most damage done to our country came from bank lobbying of the Democrats and Republicans in the mid 1990's, when President Clinton repealed the Glass Steagall act that let Banks back into Wall Street a barrier that was wisely constructed to stop banks from betting a persons savings on risky investments. This needs to be but back into place.

Actually it goes further back than that.
In 1971 there were 175 Lobbying Offices in Washington DC.
Today there are 2,445 Offices.

Ban Lobbying

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Well we don't need to be concerned about this then since the last 5 presidents have been serving the wealthy minority.

A majority supported them every time.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Mark Twain

And a majority supported them every time.

Majority of American's or the majority of voters that attended?
50% of American's don't even bother to vote and are probably the wiser ones of the bunch anyways considering the fraudulent show it is.

Of the 50% remaining, another 20% go for one team and the other 20% go for the other team with the remaining 10% going to other parties. Both are Establishment Puppets of the Banks and Corporations. That is not a majority of the voters on either team.

I voted for one of the other teams that were not part of the 2 establishments chosen candidates.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Mark Twain

And a majority supported them every time.

Majority of American's or the majority of voters that attended?
50% of American's don't even bother to vote and are probably the wiser ones of the bunch anyways considering the fraudulent show it is.

Of the 50% remaining, another 20% go for one team and the other 20% go for the other team with the remaining 10% going to other parties. Both are Establishment Puppets of the Banks and Corporations. That is not a majority of the voters on either team.

I voted for one of the other teams that were not part of the 2 establishments chosen candidates.

A majority of voters vote for the fraudulent show, which is why the government shouldn't be running anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

A majority of voters vote for the fraudulent show, which is why the government shouldn't be running anything.

Because the rug is pulled out from under them by evil shysters.

If the majority of American's had control over our government not by vote but by policy like lobbyists do, our country would be in much better shape.

The Majority of Americans were against the Bail Outs and we see what happened there.
The Majority of Americans are against illegal immigration and Pro Amnesty Backed Corporate Lobbyists ran to Washington DC in support of Amnesty.
The Majority of Americans were against Obamacare but Healthcare, Insurance and Pharma Lobbyists thumbed their noses at us.
The Majority of Americans are against the offensive wars we are engaged in but Defense Lobbyists thumb their noses at us.

Here is a poll on lobbying at debate.org

www.debate.org...

Should lobbying be banned from politics?

91% Say Yes
9% Say No

Lobbying, in its current form, is a huge negative. Very little is done in the interest of "the people". In fact, lobbying seems to primarily be concerned with separating the general public from their money, and giving that money to big corporations. Lobbying is nothing more than investing for special interest. Lobbyists and organizations give large sums of money in support of election campaigns in order to sway politician votes. I'm not sure when we decided that buying votes was a positive for the country. While I'm sure it's a positive for a select few, I'm equally certain that it's a negative for the country as a whole. Eliminating the harm caused by lobbying and special interest groups through ending it totally vastly outweighs the loss of a small amount of good that is occasionally done via lobbying. I believe lobbying is a core component of political corruption, and any politician taking money from these groups is corrupt in my opinion.

edit on 6-9-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Because the rug is pulled out from under them by evil shysters.

If the majority of American's had control over our government not by vote but by policy like lobbyists do, our country would be in much better shape.

The Majority of Americans were against the Bail Outs and we see what happened there.
The Majority of Americans are against illegal immigration and Pro Amnesty Backed Corporate Lobbyists ran to Washington DC in support of Amnesty.
The Majority of Americans were against Obamacare but Healthcare, Insurance and Pharma Lobbyists thumbed their noses at us.
The Majority of Americans are against the offensive wars we are engaged in but Defense Lobbyists thumb their noses at us.

Here is a poll on lobbying at debate.org

www.debate.org...

Should lobbying be banned from politics?

91% Say Yes
9% Say No

Lobbying, in its current form, is a huge negative. Very little is done in the interest of "the people". In fact, lobbying seems to primarily be concerned with separating the general public from their money, and giving that money to big corporations. Lobbying is nothing more than investing for special interest. Lobbyists and organizations give large sums of money in support of election campaigns in order to sway politician votes. I'm not sure when we decided that buying votes was a positive for the country. While I'm sure it's a positive for a select few, I'm equally certain that it's a negative for the country as a whole. Eliminating the harm caused by lobbying and special interest groups through ending it totally vastly outweighs the loss of a small amount of good that is occasionally done via lobbying. I believe lobbying is a core component of political corruption, and any politician taking money from these groups is corrupt in my opinion.

The people can never control the government to the extent that lobbyists can. The only natural and dependable solution to government malfunction is to cut down to the smallest possible government.

If the government is doing the will of the people, the government is redundant.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The people can never control the government to the extent that lobbyists can. The only natural and dependable solution to government malfunction is to cut down to the smallest possible government.

Cut it down to the smallest government?
And how do you propose to do that when lobbyists own our government?
They want to be propped up by Americans through force via government.
That would mean cutting taxes as well as ending lobbyists created programs.

The Healthcare Industry do not want to take a paycut
The Insurance Industry do not want to take a paycut
Big Pharma does not want to take a paycut
The Defense Industry does not want to take a paycut
The Finance Industry does not want to take a paycut
Big Ag does not want to take a paycut.

But we can make everyone else take a paycut that has no politicial power from the Middle Class on down to the Poor Class because of their disastrous policies.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Cut it down to the smallest government?
And how do you propose to do that when lobbyists own our government?
They want to be propped up by Americans through force via government.
That would mean cutting taxes as well as ending lobbyists created programs.

The Healthcare Industry do not want to take a paycut
The Insurance Industry do not want to take a paycut
Big Pharma does not want to take a paycut
The Defense Industry does not want to take a paycut
The Finance Industry does not want to take a paycut
Big Ag does not want to take a paycut.

But we can make everyone else take a paycut that has no politicial power from the Middle Class on down to the Poor Class because of their disastrous policies.

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once.

Slavery has so frightful an aspect to men accustomed to freedom that it must steal in upon them by degrees and must disguise itself in a thousand shapes in order to be received."

David Hume [1711-1776]
www.24hgold.com...

It has taken 200 years of an ideology of state-ism to get us where we are today in the United States. A ratchet effect increases the power of government at every election by invoking a plausible solution that never works out.

It will take from generations to centuries to put government, and lobbyists, out of normal daily life.

A map of sociological change below (blurry, sorry about that) is discussed in this video The Complex Path of Ideological Change

Great Thinkers invent or discover new ideas which over time come to the attention of the masses and get incorporated, or not, into the dominant ideology. Events such as trends or crises also affect the ideology of ever one.

An ideology is a way of living, and the dominant ideology is the reason for most of the characteristics of a society.

Government is a subset of society, and society determines how much power goes where.

Same video at you tube

People do control the government via the dominant ideology of the society.

What ever ideology the people prefer will become the mode of society.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't understand how poor people can simultaneously complain about greed and poverty. Maybe if they want to get out of poverty, they need to be more "greedy" rather than hating people who make a lot of money and trying to take it from them and blame them for their own economic shortcoming.

Another big government "progressive" who wants to impose more taxes and take more money away from people who have earned it and give it to those who haven't.

Yes please take more money from me. 15000 dollars a year (before obamacare) isn't enough. Please. Take more.

"raise the minimum wage". Are you kidding me? Why do people want to raise the minimum wage and pretend like prices aren't going to go up with it? It's absurd. But what won't go up with the minimum wage is how much the middle class makes. It will only put the middle class in poverty and the poor will stay poor. You liberals just don't get it. You liberals pretend like inflation isn't a thing. You're clueless in this real world.

Not only will the middle class be poorer and the poor still be poor, but we'll all be a little bit less free and a little bit more controlled. That's the liberal legacy. Stealing freedoms a little bit at a time until there's none left all in the name of equality.

The world, in its natural glory, just doesn't work by those mechanics. Elizabeth Warren is just like every other clueless democrat. She certainly WONT be getting my vote. I believe in personal responsibility, freedom, limited government, and low taxes. Therefore, I could never be called a liberal. I am a proud conservative and will never vote my rights away.

There's no such thing as liberal logic.

edit on 6-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It will take from generations to centuries to put government, and lobbyists, out of normal daily life.

We don't have the luxury of time on our side to wait generations and centuries.
It will collapse well before we ever reach that point. At least this country will.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Yes please take more money from me. 15000 dollars a year (before obamacare) isn't enough. Please. Take more.

You can thank these guys for that.
They are the top of lobbying list

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Lobbying Industries

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $2,913,138,637
Insurance $2,043,290,819

Electric Utilities $1,901,293,123
Business Associations $1,674,512,602
Computers/Internet $1,619,352,456
Oil & Gas $1,587,010,417
Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $1,325,945,565
Education $1,323,321,106
TV/Movies/Music $1,255,678,221
Hospitals/Nursing Homes $1,231,612,063
Securities & Investment $1,168,328,986
Civil Servants/Public Officials $1,143,552,395
Real Estate $1,125,238,889
Health Professionals $1,106,675,839
Air Transport $1,037,520,394
Misc Issues $876,886,992
Automotive $834,855,139
Telecom Services & Equipment $803,720,768
Telephone Utilities $796,985,038
Health Services/HMOs $774,837,363

I believe in personal responsibility, freedom, limited government, and low taxes.

Lol, tell it to the Lobbyists and Multinational Corporations.
Government is Big Because Lobbyists have made it so that exist on both "teams"

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb
I agree with your opinion 100%. You forgot to add the Warren is an attorney from Harvard, the same place Obummer learned how to manipulate the constitution. I say, NO MORE LAWYERS as president, senators or representatives, I am tired of their hocus pocus word parsing and outright lies. Lets face it, unless you are very wealthy or have access to lots of cash, regular citizens can never run for office. What a shame, we need real Americans in office, people that suffer at the hand of big government every day. One can only dream.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I'm against corporate breaks and most subsidies too.

But, I'm not sure what corporate lobbying has to do with the amount of taxes I have to pay. I do see how it infringes on freedom, which is why I'm against it, but this is a topic for another thread. One that I will agree with you on.

But, as for this thread, the things Elizabeth Warren stands for, I stand against. Because, I'm not an idiot.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Good for you as am I
It is not a Liberal Issue though because both "teams" are identical with the corrupt wealthy catering to them.

They both want to steal from the tax payers via taxes or force us to buy something we do not want to prop them up.

The problem is lobbyists and their puppet politicians.

Wealthy interests act first before a presidential candidate even makes the media scene. They prop up their picks and put them up for the masses to select from.

Even without a president, they can still have other politicians do their bidding via lobbying.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

But, I'm not sure what corporate lobbying has to do with the amount of taxes I have to pay. I do see how it infringes on freedom, which is why I'm against it, but this is a topic for another thread. One that I will agree with you on.

But, as for this thread, the things Elizabeth Warren stands for, I stand against. Because, I'm not an idiot.

Healthcare, Insurance and Pharma are corporations.
The Defense Industry is all corporations
The Finance Industry is full of corporations
Big Agriculture is full of corporations

They want you to prop them up or take a paycut from the policies they pass on to politicians

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Healthcare, Insurance and Pharma are corporations.

I hate Obamacare, but, there's no lobbying there. Big Pharma is a problem, but I think the problem with them creates more of a health issue than a money issue. Like I said- topic for another thread.

I support the war.

The Finance Industry is full of corporations
Big Agriculture is full of corporations

They want you to prop them up or take a paycut from the policies they pass on to politicians

Lobbying, imo is more about passing legislation that will force consumers into a market that supports a particular corporation. Sometimes this involves stimulus, but not usually. This thread isn't about lobbying though.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
a reply to: smithjustinb
I agree with your opinion 100%. You forgot to add the Warren is an attorney from Harvard, the same place Obummer learned how to manipulate the constitution.

I didn't add it, but the thought had crossed my mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I hate Obamacare, but, there's no lobbying there. Big Pharma is a problem, but I think the problem with them creates more of a health issue than a money issue. Like I said- topic for another thread.

Billions of dollars in lobbying money and no lobbying there? It is the same game all time, if it is not War, Health or Bank Bailouts. We are doing healthcare for the people, we are doing the bailouts for the nation, we are doing these wars to help those people over there.

Not one of those things has helped the common man in this country and has only enriched the top cockroaches.
Whatever.

I support the war.

Then you are no different than the progressives that want mold their world in their Utopia vision.
You think it is the tax payers responsibility to baby sit other nations.
Wars should only be for defense as outlined in the Constitution.
Not Nation Building, Baby Sitting and protecting Multinational Corporations global turf and to enrich the "Defense" Industry.
That is not a Conservative thinking but Neocon Globalist thinking

edit on 6-9-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I support the war.

Then you are no different than the progressives that want mold their world in their Utopia vision.
You think it is the tax payers responsibility to baby sit other nations.

National security is a real thing that must be protected. The threats are real.

Wars should only be for defense as outlined in the Constitution.

Not Nation Building, Baby Sitting and protecting Multinational Corporations global turf and to enrich the "Defense" Industry.
That is not a Conservative thinking but Neocon Globalist thinking

I don't buy the conspiracy theories. I believe our involvement in the ME is in our nation's best interests.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join