It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet.

Alex Jones has pulled a little stunt meant to illustrate the lack of security on our (US) southern border. It's info wars and co. so the video is a little ham fisted but it manages to illustrate a valid point. According to Alex the video was taken only a few miles outside El Paso.

In the video a man dressed as a stereotypical Jihadi pauses in the tall grass on the southern bank of the Rio Grande to decapitate a dummy and then carries the fake severed head, his weapon, and an ISIS flag across the river and upon reaching the Northern bank claims the land for the caliphate.

So what do you all think? Will ISIS infiltrate the United States through the southern border? Or is this another example Jones' brand of sensationalism.

As an aside do they make dummies with that expression on their face? Or is it custom made? I don't know which is creepier.
edit on 9/6/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

I thought I'd never say this, but thank God for paranoid gun owners. ISIS can cross the border, but they won't get very far.

The video says "If ISIS can cross the border than anyone can". It should have read "If anyone can cross the border, ISIS can too".

Not that it makes a difference. A man in Detroit shot a woman on his front porch who only wanted help. If we're that wary about our own neighbors I don't think foreign looking and speaking people have much of a chance here.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Truth is as we have seen, that radicals are already at work here as is evidenced by americans fighting for ISIS.

Has anyone wondered why we haven't been hearing about investigations as to who, what, when, where is fomenting and recruiting these fighters her in the US? Where are the homeland security investigations?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Doesn't look like the Rio Grande to me. I'm calling BS.

LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Apart from the stunt being in very poor taste,especially the fake severed head,whoever sent that guy to do that could have potentially sent him to his death-any border patrol officer could have believed the ruse and shot him dead thinking he was a murdering terrorist.

They should think of the families of people who have been murdered by IS before doing crap like this IMO.
Pretty damned insensitive.

And as for "Good fences make good neighbours."
Purleeze!

The Berlin Wall.

North/South Korea DMZ.

Israel/Palestine Wall.

Good people make good neighbors-walls and fences never solved anything,unless you are a farmer maybe.

edit on 6/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

edit on 6/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I hadn't considered that. You're right though he could have ended up shot not just by border guards but by some type of minutemen type person; who would be much more likely to shoot first and ask questions later.

You're also beyond correct about the good fences thing. I was just using it as a well known colloquialism that felt apropos. I didn't consider the maxim's poor track record according to its specific iterations.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Not very Grande is it? Reminds me of Dumb & Dumber.

"I thought the Rockies would be a little more rocky than this."
"Yeah John Denver is full of sh__"

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey sorry for having a dig at your title,no offence
But yeah,fences are OK,its when they turn into giant concrete symbols of oppression that they become a problem.
Its sort of an invitation for criminal/insurgent behaviour by the oppressed,which then helps perpetute the original reason for the wall.
A kind of catch 22.

Human nature can seem messed up sometimes to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I read a good point in a newspaper today. Who decided to call themselves ISIS. I would say the leader(don't sat CIA, Mossad etc.) bear with me. Though it's a rogue group why is the western nations recognising them by letting themselves be called by that name? Why don't all nations rename them something stupid like "that group with the small dicks" and every mention of them in the media they only use that title. I wonder how many western muslims would rush to join "the group with the small dicks" instead of ISIS or IS whatever? Not many I should wonder.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I read a good point in a newspaper today. Who decided to call themselves ISIS. I would say the leader(don't sat CIA, Mossad etc.) bear with me. Though it's a rogue group why is the western nations recognising them by letting themselves be called by that name? Why don't all nations rename them something stupid like "that group with the small dicks" and every mention of them in the media they only use that title. I wonder how many western muslims would rush to join "the group with the small dicks" instead of ISIS or IS whatever? Not many I should wonder.

Imagine that conversation

Man 1 "Did you hear about what the group with small dicks have been doing?"
Man 2 "The democrats?"
Man 1 "NO NO"
Man 2 "Republicans?"
Man 1 "NO, that group with the small dicks"
Man 2 "oh the religious lot"
Man 1 " THE GROUP WITH SMALL DICKS"
Man 2 " Eff them guys"

Probably easier just to name them.

I agree though, why not fight propaganda with propaganda?
I guess propaganda is only to be used against us not for us.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Terrorist are not going to waste time flying into Mexico and trying cross the border on foot unless they are complete and total idiots. They will get fake pass ports and fly into the US. This is what they have always done in the past and will do again. Just as easy would be to come in by boat, while most of 28,000 border agents spend their time chasing illegals to make lower IQ portiion of the US feel good they are not in the places where they would be most effective in stopping potential terrorist coming into the country. And that is what you call a political decision.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I see a white man with bad acting skills carrying a Halloween mask...That's the cheesiest video I've ever seen!

new topics

top topics

join