It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'other' music..celtic/middle eastern/african, etc.....recomendations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

hell yeah. a lot of the music i have is alan lomax's library of congress recordings.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Cool man.... I love world music and I have stuff from all over, all different times, tribes.... corners of the globe.
LOVE this stuff

Another good series is this one

LINKY

Another good album is Polyphonies Vocales des Aborigenes de Taiwan

Enigma stole a sample of a track from this album to create "Return To Innocence" and they gave no credit to the Taiwanese singers.

Here's the original

edit on 6/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Il add some more my favourites maybe you like some of em,

Latcho Drom - Taraf De Haidouks www.youtube.com...

Kalyi Jag - La Romnjasa www.youtube.com...

Ando Drom - Keren chave www.youtube.com...

Romanyi Rota - Diri, diri so kerdjan www.youtube.com...

Romanies around the world have yearly gathered in France for pilgrimage of Saintes Maries de la mer, its full of beautifull music and ppl playing and enjoying together, couple examples,

Fete de gitan les saintes maries de la mer 2014 www.youtube.com...

Saintes Maries de la Mer 2014--Fete www.youtube.com...

This video shows few great songs from - Gipsy music from Greece, Turkey, Albania, Romania, Hungary.

www.youtube.com...

Good mornings all around.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I enjoy world and folk music but not so sure I could find old stuff and 100% traditional easily if thats what you wanted. I tried.

عظم علی (Romanization: Azam Ali) was born in Iran but spent most of her early years in India before moving to the US in the mid eighties. She is a vocalist of astonishing diversity with a range covering music from the mediaeval European to the classical Eastern - Persian, Lebanese and Indian.

Δαιμόνια Νύμφη (Romanized: Daemonia Nymphe) is a greek folk band established in Athens, Greece in 1994 by Spyros Giasafakis and Evi Stergiou. The band’s music is modeled after ancient greek music and is often categorized as ethereal, neoclassical darkwave, neofolk or gothic.
Daemonia Nymphe uses authentic instruments, including lyra, varvitos, krotala, pandoura and double flute, which are made by the Greek master Nicholas Brass. Their shows are very theatrical, with members wearing masks and ancient dress. Their lyrics are drawn from Orphic and Omeric hymns and Sappho’s poems for Zeus and Hekate.

高橋竹山 (Takahashi Chikuzan) was a renowned Japanese Tsugaru-jamisen* performer and composer.

The Yoshida Brothers (吉田兄弟 Yoshida Kyōdai?) are Japanese musicians who have released several albums on the Domo Records label.

The two brothers are performers of the traditional Japanese music style of Tsugaru-jamisen which originated in northern Japan. They debuted in 1999 in Japan as a duo playing the shamisen. Their first album sold over 100,000 copies and made them minor celebrities in Japan, a fact that surprised the Yoshida Brothers themselves.[1] They have since attracted an international audience.

Their music has been a fusion of the rapid and percussive Tsugaru-jamisen style along with Western and other regional musical influences. In addition to performing songs that are only on the shamisen, they also use instruments such as drums and synthesizers

Mercedes Sosa (born 9 July 1935, died 3 October 2009 in Buenos Aires) was an Argentinean singer inmensely popular throughout Latin America. With her roots in argentinean folk music, she became one of the preeminent exponents of nueva trova (new song). Sosa is greatly admired for the depth and beauty of her contralto voice.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

She's simply wonderfull. A pure ray of light.

Big thanks to you for this hidden pearl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join