It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Very Nearly Killed in a POWERFUL Microburst in Elgin IL Today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yeah a microburst is normally small in size but has a extremely intense downdraft that will normally collapse roofs and just about everything where it happens. I have seen one up close in Alabama. I have seen what was probably the wost thing to ever be stuck outside in short of a huge tornado you have no time to run from.

That was an electrical storm from hell in the lightning triangle of the U.S., Think War of the Worlds times ten. Luckily it hit late at night and I lived on the gulf so seeing it come in from the Ocean was the coolest thing I have ever seen. I had no idea what was coming cause it looked wild and something I had never seen before and still haven't even though I still live here. This was about 9-10 years ago, if you were stuck outside you would have been lucky as hell not to get hit and you would have shat your pants just being out there. I was scared to get out of bed and turn off my ceiling fan cause the electricity was making it hum a really crazy type of way. I finally did in about 1 second of up and off and back in bed to then I moved to the laundry room where there were no windows. That dam storm lasted about 30 minutes but felt like hours as lightning struck every 3 seconds, no bs! You never knew what was going to get hit next and it was LOUD!! Many strikes seemed like they were hitting the cars in the driveway yet other houses did get hit right beside us.

I lived in Rockford when I was a kid, Us kids were having a sleep over in our motor home that dad had parked in our driveway, just cause we could lol till a twister lifted it off the ground that night. Being tossed out of your bed as the motor home rocked from tire to tire was not cool. Thankfully dad opened up the Garage door and ran us kids downstairs in a hurry when the storm woke him up. The twister never touched down thankfully.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Amazing story . Some rumors say that this has to do with the tenth planet arriving .. All the planets within our solar system having increasing noticeable change.. strange weather like this will be seen more frequently

I have read/heard that also from NASA, that all the planets are experiencing increasing
severe weather and getting warmer also. Seems to me it might be related to the sun, I've
read articles that seem to indicate that the sun is acting in ways that scientists have not
predicted before.

Rebel5

<< 3  4  5   >>

join