It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Pan2014] Never Forgotten

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Jake was frozen with fear. It was something that happened to other people, in other places, not here in his home to his family. At this point, there was no turning to medical help of any kind because there was no cure, no hope, not even many medical proffesionals left to help even if they could.

It came from outer space. Imagine that? Some strange bacteria from far off in a galaxy never even heard of before. First came the humanoids that were benevolent. They wanted peace. Our species and their own were so very excited and happy. There was so much to learn and discover and share with each other. None of us knew that such a traumatic event would take place, not us, not them. They unwittingly brought this bacteria. It just happened. Men, women and children from all over the world suffering from some unknown disease, lingering for weeks until their ultimate demise.

The alien beings were filled with guilt and deep sorrow. They were mortified at what had taken place. Even with their vast wisdom and knowledge, they couldn't stop it. All they could do was sit by and offer their compassion and love until final breaths were taken and a new journey beyond death was begun.

The alien's vowed that never again would they explore the universe in all its vastness to discover great wonders for the pain dwelt too deep within their souls. Some of their people remained to re-populate the planet and treat it with reverence in memory of those who came before them, the new friends they never got to know as well as they would have liked to. The tales of the humans would be told far and wide. They would forever be immortalized in the words and hearts of the aliens who remained behind. The Earth people, even with their flaws had such great potential and together they had found peace and brotherhood that had spread throughout the planet. There were no more wars, no more hunger , but now...no more humans to feel the pride and fascination of a world they began to change for the betterment of all humanity. No, the aliens would not forget, they would never forget.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

With all the awful things that are going on right now, that story was like a breath of fresh air! Love's sorrow is the most poignant, I agree.

A great story, s&f and some of these too

B x

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

s & f from me. Only one of my eyes work now so read as much as I could and thought it was great.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Bittersweet. But a great read!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks so much everyone for your comments!!! I wasn't even going to enter.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well done Night!!!!
Great read.
Gx

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Gordi!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Very Good Story Night! Loved It!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Glad you enjoyed it Syx! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Enjoyed your story, NS! When humanity eventually travels to other planets and stars (should we keep from killing ourselves), we might well face this very heartache. We are evolved to survive what is here. Others aren't. A good read!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thanks so much argentus!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey Night Star,

Lovely and sad vision - a scenario of both the best of us and the most frightening potentials.

Enjoyed reading it very much...

- AB

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this to us. Unseen consequences can bring about such dire results. We have committed this crime upon many indigenous people in our efforts to educate and save them. Good job Night Star! I have always felt your love for others permeates what you write. Thanks for being you!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Hey Night Star,

Lovely and sad vision - a scenario of both the best of us and the most frightening potentials.

Enjoyed reading it very much...

- AB

Thanks so much!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grayeagle

Thanks for bringing this to us. Unseen consequences can bring about such dire results. We have committed this crime upon many indigenous people in our efforts to educate and save them. Good job Night Star! I have always felt your love for others permeates what you write. Thanks for being you!

Awww, thank you! Much appreciated!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Entropy and chaos are a sure a route to peace, as tranquility and order. It just does not look as pretty when the dust settles, thats all!

This story is a demonstration of that point. I love it! So bleak, so sad, and yet so beautiful!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Awww, thanks so much. Really appreciate that!!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Loved it and was hoping someone would write about aliens!

Good luck

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Loved it and was hoping someone would write about aliens!

Good luck

Thanks Jenny! Yeah, I wanted a different twist to this and the alien thing seemed to work.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thought you did pretty good. You made it imaginative and gave it a twist bittersweet ending

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join