It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronistic Singing? Channeling Freddie Mercury???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Six or eight times today, I have caught myself belting out the refrain to the theme song to "Highlander."

You know: "Who wants... to live... forevah? Who wants... to live... forevahhhhh?"

...and just now I said to my husband, "I don't know why that song is stuck in my head! I keep finding myself just randomly singing today."

He says, "That's weird, did you know it's Freddie Mercury birthday today?"

I'm like, "No, but what's that got to do with anything... oh, did he write that song?"

"Well, yeahhh!"

So we both thought it was weird that today (not yesterday or a week ago or whatever) I've been belting out just that one line of his song, on his birthday, being that he's dead, and we've not had the TV or radio on today to 'subconsciously plant it in my mind' or anything.

I just found it very, very peculiar and please jump in with any similar experience of song synchronicity, or Freddie Mercury channeling, lol...

So, here's to you, Fred... thanks for all the cool songs (including the ones I had no idea were yours!) Thanks for singing in my head today! Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!

edit on 9/5/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Lol i was singing princes of the universe earlier too. RIP golden voice

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Six or eight times today, I have caught myself belting out the refrain to the theme song to "Highlander."

You know: "Who wants... to live... forevah? Who wants... to live... forevahhhhh?"

...and just now I said to my husband, "I don't know why that song is stuck in my head! I keep finding myself just randomly singing today."

He says, "That's weird, did you know it's Freddie Mercury birthday today?"

I'm like, "No, but what's that got to do with anything... oh, did he write that song?"

"Well, yeahhh!"

So we both thought it was weird that today (not yesterday or a week ago or whatever) I've been belting out just that one line of his song, on his birthday, being that he's dead, and we've not had the TV or radio on today to 'subconsciously plant it in my mind' or anything.

I just found it very, very peculiar and please jump in with any similar experience of song synchronicity, or Freddie Mercury channeling, lol...

So, here's to you, Fred... thanks for all the cool songs (including the ones I had no idea were yours!) Thanks for singing in my head today! Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!

Okay. Now this is kinda weird. I have to admit that I didn't have a clue about who wrote the song or knew anything about Freddie before or after, until just now, but that same line in that same song was stuck in my head yesterday, and I know that I also, found myself actually singing it out loud several times yesterday.

So is there so kind of wireless beta testing for mind control going on right now?

I have had some really unusual thoughts just pop into my head the last couple of weeks. The last two have happened on my waking in the early morning. Maybe we are subconsciously picking up transmissions being sent at just the right frequency to be picked up by our subconscious.

Or maybe not.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Nice! You know what I've been doing all week? Putting in my Live at Wembley '86 dvd and working on my Freddie dance moves. And for me, the song I keep belting out is Under Pressure. I even changed my signature lately...which was unchanged for almost 2 years.

(But actually, the song "Who Wants To Live Forever," is credited to Brian May, not Freddie.)

This is just uncanny, this thread. He certainly touched a lot of people

Edit again: OMG and I just realized I did something yesterday I've never done before..got my hair cut super short. It came out the same style as Freddie's

I've definitely been channeling some Freddie energy lately.

edit on 5-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

Lol i was singing princes of the universe earlier too. RIP golden voice

Oh-Kayyy... and did YOU already know that it was Freddie's birthday, and that he sang the song???

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Might be you heard or read it was the date but forgot it in time. So subconsciously perhaps you signaled youself?

I believe that we can pick up on events and dates somehow. Sixth sense? I don't know but it seems like lots of experienced this. Maybe some are more receptive than others in this aspect?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Okay. Now this is kinda weird. I have to admit that I didn't have a clue about who wrote the song or knew anything about Freddie before or after, until just now, but that same line in that same song was stuck in my head yesterday, and I know that I also, found myself actually singing it out loud several times yesterday.

So is there so kind of wireless beta testing for mind control going on right now?

I have had some really unusual thoughts just pop into my head the last couple of weeks. The last two have happened on my waking in the early morning. Maybe we are subconsciously picking up transmissions being sent at just the right frequency to be picked up by our subconscious.

Or maybe not.

Now you're weirding me out. Same line, same song, same 'not-knowin' (at the time.)

What you mentioned about frequencies brings to mind something I've considered, and it goes like this:

Our brain signals are electro-chemical in nature. So when we think something, there is a 'firing' of neurons (akin to electricity? --hence the 'electro' part.) When we fire off a thought, besides following a pathway in our brain, does some of it project out of our brain and get received by another brain's neuron occasionally? I ask this because of the numerous times I freak my husband (and sometimes others) by saying something random he was about to say, be it a single word or a random topic of conversation.

All that to say... there must be lots of people in the world who know Mercury's birthday, and many of those would be focused on his popular songs. If what I said holds water, perhaps there was a 'critical mass' of neural firing of that song floating about like wireless communication, for you and I and whoever else to receive.

Cool to consider, anyway. (Or maybe I am afraid to consider what you posed, lol...)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Nice! You know what I've been doing all week? Putting in my Live at Wembley '86 DVD and working on my Freddie dance moves. And for me, the song I keep belting out is Under Pressure. I even changed my signature lately...which was unchanged for almost 2 years.

(But actually, the song "Who Wants To Live Forever," is credited to Brian May, not Freddie.)

This is just uncanny, this thread. He certainly touched a lot of people

Edit again: OMG and I just realized I did something yesterday I've never done before..got my hair cut super short. It came out the same style as Freddie's

I've definitely been channeling some Freddie energy lately.

Yay, thanks for the vids!
Ok, you're telling me you did not know it was his birthday today either??? This is getting weirder by the minute.

So the song was credited to May... but Freddie did sing it right?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Bohemian Rhapsody came on at work today and I had the most uncontrollable urge to sing it. More than usual.

Strange...

edit on 5-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I had no idea it was his B-day, no. Indeed, Freddie did lead vocal on that song and it's quite mesmerizing..the halting pace, "who wants...to live...FOREVER!" is incredibly catchy and it's something I have randomly sung out from time-to-time when I'm alone.

What strikes me as odd was how this haircut came out, especially because I haven't had hair this short since I was maybe 5 years old. I'm not a dead ringer for Freddie, but it was the first thing I thought of when seeing it, "Now all I need is the 'stache."

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Might be you heard or read it was the date but forgot it in time. So subconsciously perhaps you signaled youself?

I believe that we can pick up on events and dates somehow. Sixth sense? I don't know but it seems like lots of experienced this. Maybe some are more receptive than others in this aspect?

I'm open to any explanation, and did consider the subconscious component. It's just that I never tied that song to Mercury, or knew when his birthday was. So, two subconscious 'plantings.' Not inconceivable, mind you.

The particular lyric ringing in my head "who wants to live forever..." also carries the irony that he is dead, so it felt like a message from the grave, on the anniversary of his birth, and my words fail me, but when I became aware of the connections, it made me smile (in a wow kind of way.)
edit on 9/5/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Bohemian Rhapsody came on at work today and I had the most uncontrollable urge to sing it.

Strange...

I LOVE that one! I guess radio stations could be playing songs in honor of his birthday (although they usually do that on the anniversary of a performers death instead. John Lennon comes to mind in that instance.)

So in any case, Freddie was 'alive and well' in our collective consciousness. I like that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It seems he was diagnosed in 1987, so not terribly long after recording that track.

What gets me is some of John Lennon's last recordings. His final demo, called "Grow Old With Me." And one of his last interviews where he is quoted, "I consider that my work won't be finished until I'm dead and buried and I hope that's a long, long time."

I get a little tearful hearing his last demo sometimes.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I guess radio stations could be playing songs in honor of his birthday

Show me one classic rock station that doesn't play Bohemian Rhapsody at least 3 times daily

Fun thread, but I best be moving on. I'll leave you with what I consider one of Freddie's most soulful vocal performances.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
There now, you've taken the time to post 'The Song' which is kind and thoughtful of you! I am enjoying as we speak.

What strikes me as odd was how this haircut came out, especially because I haven't had hair this short since I was maybe 5 years old. I'm not a dead ringer for Freddie, but it was the first thing I thought of when seeing it, "Now all I need is the 'stache."

That is quite interesting about the hair, and that he came to mind tho you did not know today held significance to him. I'm just glad he came thru to me in song and not his hairstyle, lol... (it would not play well on me-- trust me!)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I guess radio stations could be playing songs in honor of his birthday

Show me one classic rock station that doesn't play Bohemian Rhapsody at least 3 times daily

Fun thread, but I best be moving on. I'll leave you with what I consider one of Freddie's most soulful vocal performances.

I so appreciate you stopping by, and bringing good music and interesting input!

Fare-thee-well...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not to diminish his legacy, bohemian rhapsody is played, and played, and played. In Connecticut, 99.1 wplr is our #1 classic rock station and I have heard the song enough times to convince the most ruthless Guantanamo Bay prisoner to squeal.

But, for some reason it still sounds awesome, every freakin time.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This performance always gives me chills and touches me. It was just so evocative and was pure Queen. There were many others, especially toward the end of Freddy's life that are so heart-wrenching. After he died, Annie Lennox and David Bowie teamed up with Queen for Freddy's tribute concert.

I didn't know it was Freddy's birthday. Shame on me. Thanks for the thread. Who knows? Maybe Freddy is still playing out in the stars, still swinging around the shortened mic stand.

Annie, David and Queen did such a good job with this....... bad-up-bub!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Not to diminish his legacy, bohemian rhapsody is played, and played, and played. In Connecticut, 99.1 wplr is our #1 classic rock station and I have heard the song enough times to convince the most ruthless Guantanamo Bay prisoner to squeal.

But, for some reason it still sounds awesome, every freakin time.

Haha, I hear ya. It is a staple... so common to hear it, so uncommonly good!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
This performance always gives me chills and touches me. It was just so evocative and was pure Queen. There were many others, especially toward the end of Freddy's life that are so heart-wrenching. After he died, Annie Lennox and David Bowie teamed up with Queen for Freddy's tribute concert.

I didn't know it was Freddy's birthday. Shame on me. Thanks for the thread. Who knows? Maybe Freddy is still playing out in the stars, still swinging around the shortened mic stand.

Annie, David and Queen did such a good job with this....... bad-up-bub!

You're welcome! Thanks for the vid... awesome & had not seen it before. And I like your sentiment-- the Star amongst the stars.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join