It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Attack in Texas? Watchdog Warns About Activity Near El Paso, Texas Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This isn't really a surprise to me being that the 911 anniversary is approaching but it is being reported that ISIS is in Mexico and working with some Drug Cartels while planning an attack on US soil. Apparently high-level law enforcement and intelligence sources have confirmed it to Judicial Watch; a watchdog organization which is monitoring the border issue.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Judicial Watch issued the warning this week based on intelligence that the group has been operating in Mexican border cities.

“Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued,” it said.

I don't know about the legitimacy of Judicial Watch to say whether or not this is real or not but I think I should bring it here to ATS anyway. So what says ATS?

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There's so many things goin on with Isis I have a gut feeling a big FF is in the works

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Can we say scapegoat?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Am I the only one that feels like one day IS just popped up out of nowhere and suddenly it had been known about for a long time? I feel like someone is messing with me. Then to go from what I figured was a more disorganized and violent Al Qaida type operation to oh crap, the ______'s are in Mexico working with cartels...

I suppose I should study up a bit more. At what point did we start talking about them and at what point were people here that pay more attention aware?

The whole thing feels like it went 0-60 way too freaking fast for my comfort. Here's a LINK for people like me.
edit on 0520140920141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's all a show. Theater. Stage props are lives, weapons, faith and politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Isis is using the Mexicans to proxy their war I'm sure in return for heavy or heavier weapons plus the two want to take the US downa reply to: Iamthatbish

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The cartels do not want to take the US down, we are their biggest customer when it comes to drugs they manufacture and sell.
We are their safe haven from any country touching them and trying to take them over, as we would never allow anyone to occupy mexico land other then who is already there.
Cartels are not helping ISIS IMO, to much money to be lost there and that is what they are all about, money.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm struggling to see the big picture. If no one buys from the cartel, they fall too

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well what better to do than get a bunch of radicals with deep pockets to fund the cartels the cartels are actually hurting from the legalization in the us of Mote lately so I'm sure there looking for a means to replace the missing money..a reply to: Iamthatbish

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm struggling to see the big picture. If no one buys from the cartel, they fall too

Do you actually think there is a shortage of drug purchasers in the US and if any will stop in the near future. I wouldn't bet on it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
If people can't get necessities, they won't be able to get luxuries.

We've been near that point too long.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Well drugs are a necessity for many, if your hooked to the hard stuff, it comes first.
How many times have you heard someone say "don't talk to me till I had my coffee in the morning" Or they people that smoke a pack a day.
Now substitute something that is even more addictive then the two legal things I just mentioned
edit on thFri, 05 Sep 2014 19:01:12 -0500America/Chicago920141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Nope, You're not alone. I took a break from this site for the summer and did lots of stuff with my kids, but I didn't watch the news too intently either. I just took a break from all the incredibly dreadful and depressing stuff going on in the world. Coming back here and reading stuff, I just sat here scratching my head, completely confused. Who the heck is this ISIS?

I come back here to a perfect storm ready to explode from the mixture of catastrophes, natural and manufactured, just waiting to come together. I feel like I'm having a nightmare about watching a horror movie.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah IS want to convert everybody so they can sell drugs to people...

Wait a minute...

That's a fallacy!!!

The spin is becoming too much for some...
I'm starting to think half the s# we hear about the IS is bollocks!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Am I the only one that feels like one day IS just popped up out of nowhere and suddenly it had been known about for a long time? I feel like someone is messing with me. Then to go from what I figured was a more disorganized and violent Al Qaida type operation to oh crap, the ______'s are in Mexico working with cartels...

I suppose I should study up a bit more. At what point did we start talking about them and at what point were people here that pay more attention aware?

The whole thing feels like it went 0-60 way too freaking fast for my comfort. Here's a LINK for people like me.

Boy no kidding, I feel like I am at a baseball game and the third base coach just gave the batter his sign. He lifted his cap, pulled his left earlobe, crossed his chest left to right, and touched the end of his nose. The stadium is watching the third base coach wondering what's coming, and the sign was delivered by a guy on the bench scratching his head.

It seems like the ultimate misdirection from a magician making an elephant disappear on a stage before your eyes. Is the shoe going to drop or are they looking for public opinion to move toward letting them do what they want without question. ATS and it's members seem to be the only ones wondering if the setup is in place, or is it real. At least we are asking the right questions.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Am I the only one that feels like one day IS just popped up out of nowhere and suddenly it had been known about for a long time?

I have a bad memory but didn't ISIS and Ebola happen right about when Siri said that July 27, 2014, will be the “Opening [the] Gates of Hades.
edit on 5-9-2014 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I seriously discount the report that Isis is working with any cartel. The last thing the cartels want is more difficulty getting their product into the US. Now, there are all sorts of arrangements that the cartels could enter into, but about the only ones that I see that works for them is to seemingly buddy up to Isis and then turn on them to steal arms and equipment. Or, the more likely, become snitches and parley their info to the US government for some slack in the border inspections.

But the outright joining in cahoots with the isis seems unlikely for the cartels. After all, Isis is a religio/political enterprise with a determined ideology, not merely a blood-thirsty criminal bunch intent of personal wealth.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well drugs are a necessity for many, if your hooked to the hard stuff, it comes first.

That is the truth. I think some people don't understand the reality of drug addiction.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I would think the cartels would want to stay away. The blowback from them supporting a terrorist organization (even though I suppose they are terrorists) that was successful would be huge. That might push the US to actually get serious about the cartel problem.

Consider too that IS probably despises everything the cartels are about, and the cartels are smart enough to know that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

not to detract from the ongoing topic, but drugs to drug users aren't luxuries. The heavily addicted will always choose drugs before what we consider necessities, such as food/bills etc etc.

Also, Domo, I agree, it seemed like one night on the news there were talking about ISIS and now it's a huge thing, when I swear that was the first time i'd ever heard them mentioned! Very strange.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join