It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Russia is invading Ukraine, explained in 2 minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Thanks Kitz, you answered well on my behalf. One thing I do not like in forums discussion is disinformation, so do not conduct that in my own postings to the best of the abilities.

However, like Kitz said, the information is from various sources, liveleak clips, news items etc. Might not be 100% accurate but is majorly accurate.

It is a SHAME on behalf of Russian billionaires that they did not provide body armor for the Brave Lions fighting for NovoRossiya. A complete Class IV body armor including a helmet goes for $1500 roughly in retail prices. I am sure the "factory at cost" should be between $500 to 700 at most. For 10,000 rebels that translates to $7 million tops. Yes only $7M and Russian billionaires could not even do that.

Having good body armor would translate into more confident fighting abilities, taking more bold moves etc.

Again a SHAME on Russian elites for not providing such protection to the SELFLESS Soldiers of NAF.

Now that NAF has changed from defensive to offensive mode, the body armor becomes 3x as more valuable. I hope some actions is taken towards these issues for the SELFLESS soldiers fighting for NovoRossiya and the Russian Federation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And here we are again, you have an obsession with how many times I post and nothing about the post themselves...why?

Because its the only way they can drag the topic to something other than the facts they cant refute. They would rather blame anything and everything while making baseless accusations against those who don't share their love of Putin.

Engage the topic and let them whine about everything else on their own. The more we sink to their level the more we bury the important and relevant information.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Sorry, I wasn't arguing about your specific info numbers, rather pointing that Russian speaking unofficial videos have amazing level of details even about tactical dispositions of certain troops.

Like this youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

www.foreignpolicy.com...

Never complained on that either, Putin is blamed and finger pointed for lack of press freedoms but it is the Russian media that brings more details from the front line. CNN or BBC are crap when it comes to real facts on the ground.

Also found sites like ColCassad speak truly when situation develops into a weak one like first few days of Ilovaisk battle when Donbass had taken a majority of the town and militia strength was low and matters only hanging by thread. Situation did not improve until the reserves were brought in and became decisive when actual VDV formations from Russia arrived to complete the double encirclement.

Cassad also accepted a fault in strategy of militia for not taking Mariupol when it was lightly defended. As soon as Ilovaisk fell, the Junta sent in big reinforcements to Mariupol as that is the next logical city for NAF to take.

edit on 7-9-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Cassad also accepted a fault in strategy of militia for not taking Mariupol when it was lightly defended. As soon as Ilovaisk fell, the Junta sent in big reinforcements to Mariupol as that is the next logical city for NAF to take.

They had to move those forces into because of Russia opening up a second front. Rebels have stated that the goal was to create a land bridge between Crimea and Russia.

One has to ask why that would be a goal of the rebels since their stated, and supported by pro Russians on this thread, was for a sovereign state.

Trying to create a land bridge is a Russian goal, not a pro Russian rebel goal.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

NovoRossiya goes all the way to Odess and Nikoyalev and connects with Tranistiria in Moldova. No point arguing about land bridge to Crimea. Similar to no point arguing about Russians in NAF. Somewhere it was mentioned upto 30% of troops are regulars from Russia or retired/vacation regulars.

I try to accept facts on the ground. Hence denying that Russian machines and men are not in Ukraine would be a spoiler to the lively geopolitical discussion.

Btw, go to youtube and subscribe to Vice News. They put some good clips with on the ground interviews.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BanTheTruthQuick
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That video is purse BS and propaganda.

That's like me making a video on how much I hate the British, which I do hate.

sorry brits, I feel bad about hating you, but what are you gonna do

Well, as the Brits say, hate is better than indifference! Next to nothing can be done about that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join