It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Tackled/Arrested/Suspended at School by Police for using Cell Phone...Teens now protest.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, down South here, we have just been informed that School Police in Texas will be getting military type "gear" to "serve and protect" our kids/students...comforting. They are getting rifles, armored vehicles and all manner of military type gear. What are these school cops preparing for...World War Z? Are they figuring all the poisons in the vaccines are finally gonna turn the kids into killer cretins or some such? And folks that say it is probably to "protect" the kids from t*rrorism...bull...remember all those fat arsed cops hiding behind trees for over an hour during Columbine, "protecting and serving' those students...my tutu.

Militarizing the school police....such a comforting thought, NOT.

Brats or not, such excessive force on kids is not necessary. Had they broken her neck over that dang cell phone...would it have been worth it. NO. The punishments never seem to fit the so called "crimes" anymore. Make even the smallest mistake and get the police acting as judge, jury AND executioner.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

You speak of accountability yet condone the actions of the police? I believe we should focus on teaching our gestapo err... police officers some accountability before we worry about a TEENAGER exhibiting it.

nm we should all just lie down and OBEY OBEY OBEY. Oh wait that will just give them incentive to write new laws that are harder to abide by so they can oppress us some more for even more ridiculous things.

edit on 6-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Having read the articles and reviewed the video tape the following can be stated:

The facts of this is the following:
The school has a rule/policy that cell phones are not allowed to be used during class. The student violated the rule by using her cell phone while in class. The student chose not to turn over said cell phone or hang up when instructed by the teacher. The teacher expelled said student from the class, and then the student encountered the Vice Principle in the hall. The VP demanded that she turn over the cell phone, again, the student refused and left. The police were called and then proceeded to demand the cell phone, and the student refused, at which the police took action.

There are several things that many tend to forget. The schools, these days, are not allowed to touch a child, they cannot do anything physical to a child, in fact most schools have a policy to call the police when there is a disruptive student and have more of a hands off approach. So here is the question, would this be an issue, or news worthy if the girl followed the rules? If she did not use her cell phone while in class? Or handed it over in the first place?

Everyone is so anxious to take the girls side, yet ignore the fact that she knowingly and deliberately ignored the rules, and acted as if such did not apply to her. What makes her so special that she can ignore the rules? Nothing at all. If anything it shows a poor character on her part, and does not bode well for her future if she can not follow rules where she is. What if this had been a job, would there have been the same uproar if her boss wrote her up for violating a no cell phone policy that is enforced to everyone there?

She did not do what her teacher told her to do, did not follow or do what the VP did, and she did resist and refuse to follow the directions of the officer. How many chances did she need or should have received? She had more than ample opportunity to follow the rules, and chose not to.
Perhaps we need to go back to the day where a parent could spank a child and allow for such in the school. May mean a lot less of the police being involved in schools.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
You speak of accountability yet condone the actions of the police?

When did I condone anything that they did? I said that it never should have come down to that to begin with. At least read the thread. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
Sorry the police physical taking down a teen girl for cellphone violation..give me a break thats bullsh#t, why a physical responce?..was someone in danger ??. Totally godamned inappropriate. Expell her if its that big a deal. Would you not think the claimed excuse for useing the phone was reasonable? wasn't there a disabled mother that was unaccounted for?
I will reread the story though.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I don't take her side because she willingly and knowingly broke the rules. I take her side because there is never a situation where it is okay for police to do what they did over a cell phone. People can question her character all they wish. They can call it bad parenting. They can call her a spoiled brat. Whatever floats their boat. It never changes that the actions taken by police were not appropriate for the violation.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Of course we are taking the girl's side - the are literally no circumstances in which it should be permissible for police to manhandle a school girl unless she's threatening herself or someone else with a weapon.

You absolutely must check yourself, if you think it's ok in any other situation, because if you think that's ok I can only wonder in fear at what you would also allow.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I am not saying it is ok, but at the same time this girl is not the innocent victim in this case. She did break the rules. She should get a free pass cause she is a girl? Well then if that is the case I am sure Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier will be thrilled to know about that.

In the end after all is said and done, the girl did violate the rules, so while it may seem harsh, the reality is as I have pointed out, schools no longer are allowed to take action against students who break the rules. They can not touch a student, they are not allowed to do anything that would violate the child's rights in any way. So what is the school to do?

Expel her and she can sue on the grounds of them denying her an education. They can't spank her, they are not allowed to touch her, they are not allowed to do anything. So they are required to contact the police. Don't want to see stuff like this, as I stated, bring back things like corporal punishment, allow parents to spank, take away the high tech toys and make the punishments hurt. And funny how while they were tackling her, she still resisted to the very end. With all that is going on, I am surprised and the cops did show restraint, after all what would the end result had been if they tazed her, or worse?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock
If the schools leave it to the police to discipline the children, then what else do you expect? If a child is not going to obey the rules in this case, and refuses to do as instructed, then what?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Is using your cell phone in school a criminal offence?

Is chewing Gum a criminal offence?

Is backchatting a teacher a criminal offence?

The answer is NO, of course they are not criminal offences...they may well be against school rules or policy, but they are most certainly NOT criminal offences.

That girl and EVERY other kid in American concentration camp schools, ought to get together and take out a class action (pun intended) against every Police officer manhandling them, assaulting them, arresting and removing them against their will and criminally charge them for assault, false arrest, false imprisonment and abusing Police powers...and anything else that can be used to charge them in a criminal case.

After which, whatever the criminal case outcome, those same kids and their legal team should go after each and every Police officer in bring civil court cases against them for financial damages and compensation from both the Police departments and against the individual Police...they are truly out of control, are increasingly abusing their authority and abusing kids for no valid reason in most cases and this if left unchecked and unchallenged will get increasingly worse to the point where kids are going to be killed at their desks for chewing gum, being cheeky teens or wearing an item of clothing the school doesn't agree with...hardly capital offences, but if nothing is done, sooner or later kids will be effectively executed for such 'dastardly crimes'.

edit on 7-9-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No, she likely isn't 'innocent', but neither is she a criminal.

If we allow this even a little bit, it's a very slippery slope to this happening to you or me or everyone else.

I won't allow it and I won't allow other people to blindly let that happen. Stand up, man. Don't let the fact that she was in the wrong cloud in your mind that the cops and teachers were even more wrong.

And a child is a child. It's not up to her to bloody well listen, it's up to her to misbehave - it's what kids do.

We don't manhandle or arrest them for it.

It also isn't my job to offer up alternatives for punishment for kids to learn. I'm not going to tell parents to do their jobs better. That is someone else's domain. What I am saying is HELL NO, YOU DON'T TOUCH OUR KIDS OR WE WILL STOP YOU BY FORCE, IF NECESSARY.

Dramatic? Over-the-top? They're our kids, for christ's sake!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The rules are very clear. The teachers are no longer have the authority to punish children, that was taken away from them and given to the administrators. The administrators lost that authority and now it is in the hands of the police.

If a teacher touches a child to discipline said child, even if the child is requiring such, then the teacher is at fault. If the Principle or vice principle does such, they get into trouble. So how is the school administration suppose to keep a safe and orderly school condusive to learning, if their hands are tied? The only option that the schools are left with is the police. Perhaps if we stop coddling the children and allow the teacher and adminstrators to punish children who misbehave and who fail to follow the rules, there would not be a need for the police to be involved in schools. But that would mean that the parents would have to agree to listen and not just blindly take the side of the child.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So, I wonder if we could consider this an active demonstration on the part of the teachers to prove a point - that they require more freedom to discipline students?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Get ten convicts to use a face down take down on the police officer. This should be his punishment along with never having a badge again. On a serious note, he should be arrested for assault and stripped of his badge. He can't control himself, so society needs to control him.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What part of it being an emergency situation do you not compute..I don't give 2 #s If you believe it or not, The benefit of the doubt should be given. Thank god she didn't have a pop tart shaped like a gun or you guys would of shot her right.
The school should know better than to involve the police for a cellphone..don't they have rapist and drug dealers to catch? And the police should know better than to get involved period..is there any rational though involved.
There would be a price for doing that to my child..especialy if it was an emergency situation.
Have a nice day.

edit on 7-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No, this is not the case. If it was, then it would be the teachers that would have their union out there to demand such change. But regaurdless if the teachers demand it or not, the local community and parents ultimately have to support it.

So do you think that parents will be so willing to allow for say the principle to have the authority to to spank? Probably not. So this is what the district is going to do and ultimately it is going to spread to other districts, they will first review the rules and events. Then after looking at what happened, thus ban the use of cell phones during school times by students. When it is violated by another student, they will simply ban students from having a cell phone while on school property.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If the studen breaks a cellphone ban ..ban the student, the parent will then do the parenting. No need to go billy badass, nice lesson though, im sure the memory of it will stick with her.

Forgive me if i have been rude.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
And what part of the school, due to the regulations, policies and laws, are not allowed to do anything of a discplinary action towards any student that you do not understand?

If the teachers are not able to touch a child or discipline them, then how do the teachers keep order in schools? It turns it over to the cops to take the responsiblity and the ones to touch a child when it comes to disciplining them. A majority of if not all of the schools have police presence of some form on site that patrols and are the only ones allowed to touch a student. And if the student disobeys a police officer then what exactly should the officer do? Taze the student or worse? Every one seems to think that a child is incapable of doing any serious harm to an adult, tends to fail to realize that a child in hysterics or throwing a temper tamtrum, will use all of their strength, so now instead of having to deal with a person who is say 80 pounds, is now dealing with a person exerting the same muscle mass as say someone who is 160 to 240 pounds. And even when down on the ground, did she stop struggling? No, she keep struggling and moving and resisting till they brought someone else in, and as she was still deciding to fight, a third officer was brought in and the situation was resolved.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is something that has been going on far longer than you think. I'm 22, and when I was a freshman in high school, the school I went to had a couple of officers. We also had metal detectors. It wasn't a very good area.
At the point in time, I was still in Battle Creek, MI. I don't know if they still follow the policies from when I was there, as I left during my junior year.

If you skipped class you'd get sent to the officer if you were caught. I thought that was fair. But people were getting sent to the officer for really dumb reasons, too. Like, if someone mouthed off, they'd get sent to the officer. If they didn't do their homework, they'd be sent to the officer. What really grinded my gears was that before I left the school, there had been a fight between a couple of students, and one of the students had been tazed. How does an officer not know how to break up a fight without tazing a student?

After doing a search recently on the school, I can only assume that they probably follow the same policies only worse. Google brings up a lot of 'gang affiliation' stuff. Which doesn't surprise me. Battle Creek wasn't a good area when I lived there. Why would it be any different now?

So I assume maybe they put these cops in schools to monitor possible gang activity. But they should be doing JUST that. Not harassing children for something as small as a phone.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: FraggleRock
If the schools leave it to the police to discipline the children, then what else do you expect? If a child is not going to obey the rules in this case, and refuses to do as instructed, then what?

That's part of the problem. Police cannot conduct themselves properly on the streets so I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to have them enforce school policies.

And if a child is not going to obey the rules I would suggest the adults find a way of handling it in such a manner that doesn't involve physically assaulting the child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join