It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Tackled/Arrested/Suspended at School by Police for using Cell Phone...Teens now protest.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

I've been clobbered with a far bigger belt that that, by a far bigger man...My best friend's dad, in fact...Turned out to be a pretty good deterrent...

Had to take my 13 year old son in front of a judge...Boy was unruly and really cocky...Got into some minor trouble...Went in front of an old country judge...

In front of my son the judge asked if I had a basement...I did...Then the judge ask if I was wearing a belt...I affirmed that I was...

The judge talking to me and my boy says I need to take my son to the basement and have a very long talk with the boy...The implication was not lost on me nor my son...All the while my son being told by whoever that I couldn't lay a hand on him or the police would arrest me...THAT experience in front of the just created a real attitude adjustment for him...

Unruly kids have no fear nor respect of anything...They need both....

The girl in that video also has a disability, her father a judge, was also a children's court judge. What she had done was download illegal, most likely music files that she simply liked, that was ten years ago when all that stuff was just coming out of the grey area. Now, after the beating she told her father she was putting the video online, which she did, even though she said she still had feelings for her father as you might expect, even though he acted so cruelly, and way over the top. Now most copies of that video are sanitized down to a couple of minutes, the one I linked to is a reissue seemingly by the girl herself in 2010. Now she disowns her father completely, and the parents are divorced and the mother no longer abetting, (probably out of fear) her now ex-husband.
And that's the crux of the matter, is that the way to live? live in fear, same mentality as the police offer...I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The police is supposed to be called to CRIMES ffs and not for pupils misbehaving. All they will learn is that if they misbehave that will warrant an assault by the authorities.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe they would not have "like" pinned the brat down, if she had just complied and handed the phone over? I would ban all cell phones up through Highschool. I can't imagine the problems they are causing teachers and staff.

I love how it's that she needed it because her Dad was looking for her sick Mom, what a load of complete fabricated bs. This is the result of imbeciles raising kids.

Sounds to me like another spoiled brat who can't put their phone down and do what you're expected to do during school hours, which is to sit down, shut up and do as you're told. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

And any of that justifies police throwing a girl to the ground and pinning her down, how?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They be as well just giving the kids jumpsuits and employing prison guards and just come out in the open with the oppression huh.

I'm so glad that I learned at a very young age that authority is bad, I have the Sunday school to thank for that as they showed me that people with apparent authority really can be deluded so it's up to me to decide for myself.

High school I played truant most of the time because it just felt like indoctrination to me just the same as the church, I learned far more valuable lessons having heated debates about philosophical matters whilst smoking leaves down the beach with my mates.

If I ever have kids they will be getting home schooled for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Maybe they would not have "like" pinned the brat down, if she had just complied and handed the phone over? I would ban all cell phones up through Highschool. I can't imagine the problems they are causing teachers and staff.

I love how it's that she needed it because her Dad was looking for her sick Mom, what a load of complete fabricated bs. This is the result of imbeciles raising kids.

Sounds to me like another spoiled brat who can't put their phone down and do what you're expected to do during school hours, which is to sit down, shut up and do as you're told. ~$heopleNation

My god I hope you are trolling. God help us all if you're not.....

Just bend over for the man and take it huh, no thanks.

edit on 6-9-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
..forget it your not worth the effort

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptoniteAnd any of that justifies police throwing a girl to the ground and pinning her down, how?

Well to be honest, I don't really like that it had to come down to that, but just hand over the phone.

You see, it never should have came down to the police being involved, but an irrational brat caused them to be.

Just like a guy ended up dead who tried to take away a law enforcement officer's firearm. So lovely, this no accountability generation. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18381226]GreyGoo

So disagreeing with your point of view is trolling now? I'll give my opinion on the subject, minus your delusions thank you.

Oh my lord, god help us all if we have rules, just let the kids rule the school! LMAO! Yeah right buddy.

No not at all, just hand over the stupid phone. See how easy that works? Is that so hard to comprehend?

Hey, If you have a problem with authority, you should get over it, cause it's needed in this ass backwards, anything goes, no accountability for anything society.

~$heopleNation
edit on 6-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
..forget it your not worth the effort

Translated = I don't have a leg to stand on in this argument because handing over the phone would have solved the issue.

And it's YOU'RE, since I was not worth YOUR effort. Now I see why. ~$heopleNation
edit on 6-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: [post=18381226]GreyGoo

So disagreeing with your point of view is trolling now? I'll give my opinion on the subject, minus your delusions thank you.

Oh my lord, god help us all if we have rules, just let the kids rule the school! LMAO! Yeah right buddy.

No not at all, just hand over the stupid phone. See how easy that works? Is that so hard to comprehend?

Hey, If you have a problem with authority, you should get over it, cause it's needed in this ass backwards, anything goes, no accountability for anything society.

~$heopleNation

Lol You can disagree with me all you want buddy....have at it.

My comment regarding your trolling is in reference to your attitude that people should just sit down shut up and do as they are told.

You are also making a lot of assumptions regarding this girl and her parents, did you think that she might have been genuinely worried about her mom and hence didn't want to give up her phone, the way you make it sound is like she was on facebook ignoring her lesson which there was no indication in the OP

No mate....god help us if everybody just followed the rules blindly as opposed "do what you're expected to do during school hours, which is to sit down, shut up and do as you're told."

Hey, If you have a problem with authority, you should get over it

Yeh because that's always worked out for a fair society huh lol

By any chance do you work for law enforcement ? Because your attitude stinks.

Underneath your nickname it says "exposing the international bankster cartel.......oh wait you have a problem ? just get over it and let everybody get shafted lol......

Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo
Lol You can disagree with me all you want buddy....have at it.

I already did.

My comment regarding your trolling is in reference to your attitude that people should just sit down shut up and do as they are told.

You clearly do not comprehend what trolling is, don't blame me for your confusion. Yep, there are rules while attending school, so hand over the phone.

You are also making a lot of assumptions regarding this girl and her parents, did you think that she might have been genuinely worried about her mom and hence didn't want to give up her phone,

Nope, I think it's a load of bs.

the way you make it sound is like she was on facebook ignoring her lesson which there was no indication in the OP

Oh no, that could never be the case now could it?

No mate....god help us if everybody just followed the rules blindly

Kids need to follow the rules while in school, otherwise it would be complete chaos.

Yeh because that's always worked out for a fair society huh lol

Life isn't fair, run for office instead of electing imbeciles to represent you. Quit your crying and get of your ass and do something about it then.

By any chance do you work for law enforcement ? Because your attitude stinks.

Nope. Why are you one of those mindless cop haters where it's always the officer's fault? Why, cause I don't agree with your weak arguement?

Underneath your nickname it says "exposing the international bankster cartel.......oh wait you have a problem ? just get over it and let everybody get shafted lol......

You sure seem focused on me instead of the topic of discussion, did you forget to read the rules when you joined ATS?

Hey if you have a solution to the current situation, I am all ears guy?

Hypocrite.

Confused one. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well to be honest, I don't really like that it had to come down to that, but just hand over the phone.

You see, it never should have came down to the police being involved, but an irrational brat caused them to be...
. ~$heopleNation

The point folks are trying to make that you seem to be ignoring is that armed police should not be enforcing school rules. Regardless if she was being a brat or not (of which you have no idea if she was.. you know nothing about this student, and seem to correlate being a teenage student with a cell phone to being an unruly brat), police should not be enforcing school rules.

Kids have always "been brats" in school. They are immature kids. Nothing has changed in hundreds of of years. The school system -used- to be able to handle managing their own rules, meting out their own punishments, etc. Three male police officers pinning a 4' 10" 110 lb girl is absolutely ridiculous. No matter WHAT she did.

And yes, your comments come across as trolling - it seems you are trying to push people's buttons with cutting, arrogant comments. Perhaps you are just fairly terrible at arguing about a topic intelligently however, I won't jump to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
The point folks are trying to make that you seem to be ignoring is that armed police should not be enforcing school rules.

I have not ignored anything, the police should have never even been called.

Regardless if she was being a brat or not (of which you have no idea if she was..

Just as you do not know that she was not. See how that works?

Three male police officers pinning a 4' 10" 110 lb girl is absolutely ridiculous. No matter WHAT she did.

Yeah, that is why I said I did not like the fact that it happened, but you must have missed that while making reckless assumptions.

And yes, your comments come across as trolling - it seems you are trying to push people's buttons with cutting, arrogant comments.

If arguing my position causes you to have paranoid delusions, it's not really my problem.

Perhaps you are just fairly terrible at arguing about a topic intelligently however, I won't jump to conclusions.

Why not? Your entire response was jumping to conclusions, and I have argued my point very well, she simply should have turned over the phone and picked it up after school.

Try fleabombs, but use more than they recommend. I do like your name though, it's funny. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Just as you do not know that she was not. See how that works?

So you assume guilty until proven innocent? You even assume her parents are imbeciles, per your own words. Her story about her mom may well be perfectly true. You say the police should have never been called.. and then turn around to say that they were called because the girl was being a brat. Not the correct answer.. which is the AP should not have moronically called them in the first place, since she was feebly unable to handle the dire situation of a teenage girl holding a *gasp* cellphone.

Try fleabombs, but use more than they recommend.

Actually, it's snarky comments like these that I attribute the trolling comment.. not your opinion. You are certainly allowed it, no matter how terrible of an opinion it may be.
edit on 6-9-2014 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Actually, it's snarky comments like these that I attribute the trolling comment.. not your opinion.

Oh calm down, a little sense of humor is healthy for one's well being. I was giving you good advice, and also was giving you props for a classic name.

You are certainly allowed it, no matter how terrible of an opinion it may be.

Well thank you fleabit. Opinions vary about that, a lot of lurkers here too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think the problem is multilayer.

The Problem:
1.) Teachers and School administrators are unable to deal with the misbehavior of children in school.

A. They cannot actually "punish" disruptive behavior in any meaningful way even if it keeps other kids from being able to learn because there is no real immediate consequence to bad behavior. (i.e. Corporal Punishment on the spot)

B. If a child is disruptive teachers cannot force them to go to a separate room, if the child does not wish to comply. In order to do so they would have to forcibly move them there. They cannot do this because they can be personally sued by outraged parents. (See Corporal Punishment above.)

C. In order to remove a disruptive child from the classroom leaves the teacher with effectively 2 options.

1. Call the Parents and hope that one of them will be willing to come pick up their child and remove them. (An option many parents seem unwilling to do either due to inconvenience because both parents are at work, or fear that the child will not be willing to comply with them either. This puts the parent in a bad place because it leave them with no option other than to forcibly remove the child in sight of a state employee who could very well call CPS on the parent for "Abuse" thus removing the child from the parents care)

2.Call the Police to remove the student in question. Which is what we see in the video.

The fix to this problem I think can be found in 2 ways.

1.) Either bring back Corporal Punishment allowing the School to correct the child's bad behavior on site giving them immediate recourse to correct the issue
or...
2.) Do away with the right of a free and public education. This would make it possible for the education system to more easily remove any student who does not seem to willing to actually participate in the curriculum without being disruptive.
The upside to this approach is that the world will always need ditch diggers, french fry cooks and fruit pickers.
Should the Child wish to return to school later in life, they would of course have the opportunity to do so at their own expense.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok dude you're argument is far superior
lol I will step back when I know I'm bashing my head of a brick wall.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You're right about that, personal responsibility is for sure lacking in this world and it's frustrating.

but, there was no reason for police to be there and there was no reason for the girl to be touched.

This is going to cost the local taxpayers a lot of money.

The personal accountability doesn't lie with a child, but with the adults around her.

I hope she sues and wins. It won't teach her a thing, except that she can get away with being a spoiled little sht, but it will teach the police something. Not that they will learn for longer than a split second before going back to being cave-men.

edit on 6-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptoniteYou're right about that, personal responsibility is for sure lacking in this world and it's frustrating.

but, there was no reason for police to be there and there was no reason for the girl to be touched.

This is going to cost the local taxpayers a lot of money.

The personal accountability doesn't like with a child, but with the adults around her.

I hope she sues and wins. It won't teach her a thing, except that she can get away with being a spoiled little sht, but it will teach the police something. Not that they will learn for longer than a split second before going back to being cave-men.

That is a very reasonable response in support of your position. You acknowledged the point that I made, yet you finished with your own point.

I respect anyone who is willing to meet another half way, instead of pointing fingers and making baseless accusations. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join