It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satanism real & are Satanist like lawyers(liars)??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

It is my opinion that if someone believes that they can mix natural earth eliminates together and receive supernatural power, that they are insane.

If you believe that power can be had in witchcraft, then it is my opinion that you believe in something insane.

I also believe the majority of professional psychologist agree with me.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

The theme of this post was constructed on a foundation of assumption, and much like most all religious teaching when vaunted as truism for all, relies on conjecture in order to deliver its message. Philosophizing aside, serious and even thoughtful consideration of subject matter presented so is quite inadequate and possibly inane when the respondent does not subscribe to the laws of whatever ultimate truth the author has employed as primary basis for his speculative piece of writing. Issues with presentation of the topic aside, I will nevertheless attempt a response.

The first thing in understanding Satanism is to understand WHY? WHY would anyone worship Satan and perform a ritual for demon possession? They must see some sort of benefit and they are willing to do anything to get it.

If a person's desire is nobel, God himself would inspire that nobility. A singer who wishes only to spread love with music would never contemplate selling their soul. However a singer whose desire is ignoble, fame and fortune, they must find a way to reach this goal.

The one whose purpose is ignoble is not led by the Spirit, but rather they are only concerned with the flesh and material world.

For the same reasons individuals or groups practice any religion. The implication here, however, seems to be that practicing the by proxy directives of ancient writings for hope of supernatural intervention of a certain religion represents "sanity", while engaging in the so-called rites of a specific "pagan" belief system indicates "insanity". Therein lies a primary issue of mine with religion in general: the random harvesting of some "truths" and discarding of others from the many philosophical fruits mankind has grown down through the ages. In other words: choosing to believe in one set of preposterous tenets while condemning others to fairy tale status or worse--heresy, and thus an affront to our very existence.

If an individual's desire is noble? And who determines such values--of our desires? God? Perhaps at the front end of tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of years of development, we humans are qualified to judge the worth of our own desires? Selling one's soul? What is the going rate these days? The only demons threatening mankind are other men, and more importantly, the ones we see daily in our reflections.

The mentally ill aside, we humans--no matter how disgusting or destructive our behavior--are responsible for discerning between basic right and wrong. I would argue further that a very high percentage of us always know when our desires and actions are wrong within the context of the harm our bad behavior will cause to others. However, knowing wrong behavior rarely stops us on a daily basis from engaging in it--if the reward of the white lie or innocent deception is attractive enough to reach a state of justification, and thus alleviation of guilt.

I would attempt to argue that one cannot explain away such human misdeeds as lies by assigning divine or infernal influence. Once again personal responsibility for actions and behaviors of the self orbit the sum mass of the human condition. Myself, I would prefer a world where angels and devils sit the shoulders of world leaders (or even my ex-wife) and could be blamed for their malevolent deeds. A world where conjured demons drive otherwise good man to depraved acts. In such a world excuses could be made for every one of us no matter the crime, and forgiveness would be a non-issue. The most logical and tragic explanation I fear is that we the sum of all mankind are our own god and devil; it's just us--and this ground below our feet is both heaven and hell, paradise and inferno.

More specific to the topic, when I was a teenager, satanism was something other kids did in cemeteries at night their hometowns for kicks. Kicks which sometimes led to idiotic desecration, violence toward animals and often involved drug use and double dares. Teachers and other youth authority figures were sometimes involved and even recruited their naive charges into the effort. Where any of them capable of summoning "demons"? Demons of arrest records for trespassing and vandalism perhaps.

The modern day official satanist is of the LeVayan kind and from available publications on the matter, also highly unlikely to summon up a bat winged monster.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

God decides what is nobel and ignoble. And the voice of the Holy Spirit is within all men. In this way all are judged fairly. And this devine law can be know simply by understanding yourself.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If you believe that power can be had in witchcraft, then it is my opinion that you believe in something insane.

I also believe the majority of professional psychologist agree with me.
and another statement you made

Do you think that the churches that were burning witches (clinically insane people)...

You're calling them and me clinically insane, like all "witches" (Pagans/Wicca etc) have been diagnosed with insanity. I find that highly offensive and highly doubt that "most psychologists" would agree with you. You don't see me bashing your beliefs and labeling you something just because I don't agree with the things you agree with. It's uncalled for and weakens your argument.

As I said before your weak argument is this: If you don't agree with me and what I have to say, you're insane.

Again...sources for your claims please since you've diagnosed me and many other members of ATS as "clinically insane."

edit on 5-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: fix quote & eta

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Demonic possession is not recognized as a psychiatric or medical diagnosis by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or the ICD-10 Chapter V: Mental and behavioural disorders. There are many human conditions thought by many to be demonic possession but classed by psychiatry as psychological ailments, particularly dissociative identity disorder. In cases of dissociative identity disorder in which the alter personality is questioned as to its identity, 29% are reported to identify themselves as demons,[18] but psychiatrists see this as a mental disease called demonomania or demonopathy, a monomania in which the patient believes that he or she is possessed by one or more demons.[19] Some Catholics, contrary to psychiatry, recognize that "those human conditions which psychiatry has given names to under 'psychiatric disorders' are manifestations of demonic activity in those human beings, demonic activity which the human being has no participation of will.

It seems to me that you believe in witchcraft. So let me ask you this?

If you believe in "White Magic" then you must also believe in "Black Magic"?

So let's examine white magic.

The idea of white magic is to do good. What I don't understand is this. Wouldn't it be more beneficial just to go out into the world and do good that everyone can see? One doesn't need magic to do what is good.

Now black magic.

Thier is only one reason to perform black magic. To do something that you believe is agsinst what is right and good. Or to do what is against God and creation.

The whole idea of black magic is simply justified evil. If your intentions were good, you would not need to use black magic.

But there is one more way that I can KNOW that magic isn't real. It has no effect on me. I don't care what ritual one performs, ritual magic and trinkets don't have power and can do no harm to me.

But if someone out there believes differently, feel free to cast your spells on me. In the end all will see God is the only one with power.

Rituals have no power over those who believe in and obey the Holy Spirit.

edit on 5-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

In the end all will see God is the only one with power.

All men and women have power; the power to do good or evil. With respect I do not follow the obstinate refusal to acknowledge either the independent will of all individuals or the rich and important history and purpose of beliefs other than Christianity. Freewill is power, as is the right to practice it key to a better quality of life. The practice of witchcraft for instance, although I neither participate nor fully understand its psychological rewards, is of no consequence to your faith unless you willfully make it so. Satanism, while also a belief system I've no interest in exploring, is above all else a collective ploy for outrage and delirious abashment among the religious powers that be--a stab at throwing broken taboos in the face of Christianity, and yet another outcry for individuality; for liberation from nearly twenty centuries of suffocating christian dogma.

The common theme with such religions is that these miraculous feats of telekinesis, telepathy, or magic all occurred centuries upon centuries ago in some bygone mystical era when one god or the other regularly manifested its power for all to witness. What happened? Did science and technology destroy our gods, or did the same simply liberate our minds from the cult of supernatural ignorance? How can one mysticism be more believable, appetizing or logical than the next. Unfortunately, "just knowing" has never been explanation enough for me. Nevertheless, I respect your right to believe as you wish, so long as that system of beliefs is served forcibly onto no one else.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Blood can be shed in the name of nothing, everything or one thing. So what?

Liars can say their Muslim, Jewish or Buddhist and then spill blood.

Liars exist and they lie, well.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That would be called reality. No psychological course necessary to know that demons only exist in the minds of the clinically insane.

Um ya, a whole lot of coursework is needed to diagnose someone as "clinically insane"

You're big book o' fairytales and your myopic opinions ain't gonna cut it.
edit on 6-9-2014 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

That is a way to put it. But to say no different, I have to disagree. Those who believe in the prophets who teach the Holy Spirit are not likely to perform human sacrifice.

What about the prophets who teach that the human body of Jesus was a human sacrifice for the redemption of our sins? They even called him the "Lamb" of God because lambs used to be sacrificed to God for the forgiveness of sins, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

That is a way to put it. But to say no different, I have to disagree. Those who believe in the prophets who teach the Holy Spirit are not likely to perform human sacrifice.

What about the prophets who teach that the human body of Jesus was a human sacrifice for the redemption of our sins? They even called him the "Lamb" of God because lambs used to be sacrificed to God for the forgiveness of sins, too.

The sacrifice of oneself is what leads to the path of God. As long as one considers oneself greater than the whole the path to enlightenment is blocked.

The greatest, the Christ, proved this by laying his life down that we may believe through the resurrection, of our own eternal fate. In 2014 it is common to believe in an afterlife and a return to the source. All the religious texts say we are both part of the light and return to the light.

2000 years ago the afterlife was not accepted by many. Today it is common for us to believe we are all God's children. 2000 years ago telling the world you were a son of God would have you crucified for blasphemy against God.

Its also common today for people to believe in a loving creator who forgives us when we return to the righteous path. But again 2000 years ago this was not a common teaching.

At that time religion was about fear of God, he was more like a warrior, which is why the Jews rejected Christ as messiah. They were waiting for a warrior that would rule the physical world like Nimrod of the Babylonians. Fear made them believe that God required sacrifice of flesh.

Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God What belongs to God. As Christ gave himself for God and his brothers, we should also be willing to sacrifice our own lives for the spiritual enlightenment of our brothers.

Many of the things that we take for granted today, came to the world by the teaching of Christ. If these things were common beliefs 2000 years ago his sacrifice would have been unnecessary.

If not for the resurrection his teaching most likely would have died on the cross. He was teaching that God loved all and had the capacity to forgive even what man could not.

2000 years later this is still radical thinking. Look at how the religions of man teach that God can only be fully satisfied by performing some ritual. You see in order for Christ to love you, you must perform water baptism or go to hell. Even though this is contrary to what Christ taught.

If you don't believe every word in my book, you blaspheme God and go to hell. 2000 years after he claimed to die for all of our sins, we still tie forgiveness and God's love to ritual and words in a book.

To say his sacrifice wasn't necessary is to assume that his teachings would have survived any other way.

2000 years later and most still fail to find the devine law, the light within.

Most people still believe if you don't believe my prophet and my book that God doesn't love you. This is not what Jesus taught but what those who claim to follow still believe. Jesus taught that instruction cones from the Holy Spirit within, and that scripture merely provided a path to the spiritual Understanding. The teacher lives within, this is what Buddah taught about the light as well.

It could be said that his sacrifice and resurrection advanced the spirituality of man into a new age. And it is predicted that another advance in human spirituality is coming at the end of this age.

I believe Jesus willingly laid his life down, and this is what Jesus claimed in the bible, to help his brothers become enlightened. I would do the same, wouldn't you? It is only by faith in the afterlife that one can make this type of sacrifice for his brothers.
edit on 6-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

you remind me of another post i made recently -

on the other hand, idealism (my term for the higher cognivitive faculties we have developed in more recent centuries as a hominid species) has its extremes just like animalism. more specifically, it seems to have fostered an attitude where the mind and its potential are the ONLY part of the body worth having. in other words, we are glorious buds of imagination waiting to explode from filthy sacks of meat and water. our only point in being human is to learn why we dont want to be human. then we die and receive our reward of being, for all intents and purposes, wisps of imagination lingering at the beck and call of whatever master we chose in life.

i feel what you describe is an unhealthy road. self sacrifice is just as dangerous as blind greed. do you know what happens when apoptosis becomes the status quo?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

If you want to classify someone who believes they are possessed by a demon less than insane that is up to you.

I will continue to believe that demon possession is nothing more than religious insanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Are you more important than the rest of humanity? Are you afraid their is no afterlife? Are you scared to die or do you believe in the prophets that physical death is but a phase?

I am not claiming that the self has no importance, everything that is must contain value or God would not have created it as such. But God and humanity must always come before self. This is the essence of the 10 commandments.

To obey the 10 commandments as a law is nothing. To obey because you have willingly sacrificed yourself for humanity is devine. The law is dead to those who live for humanity and not the self.

One does not have to die for a reward as you claim. Many false prophets make this claim. The light is within you and spiritual rebirth is when the Holy Spirit rules both the mind and the flesh. Nirvana is that place where we are one with that light.

Through prayer, meditation, reasoning and faith all of this can be known now, not in some future life.

Buddah said enlightenment was available to everyone, but sadly only few seek it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Are you more important than the rest of humanity? Are you afraid their is no afterlife? Are you scared to die or do you believe in the prophets that physical death is but a phase?

it is my opinion that the life we live right now is the most important one.

I am not claiming that the self has no importance, everything that is must contain value or God would not have created it as such. But the idea is God and humanity must always come before self. This is the essence of the 10 commandments.

and god must always come before humanity, right?

To obey the 10 commandments as a law is nothing. To obey because you have willing sacrificed yourself for what is good for all is devine. The law is dead to those who live for humanity and not the self.

which is funny, given that 4 of the commandments have nothing to do with humanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are right this life is the most important one, simply because it is what is real now.

So why would you live for anything less than God, or what is best for the future generations of man? Are you so selfish that you don't care what kind of world you leave behind?

Which 4 would that be?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So why would you live for anything less than God, or what is best for the future generations of man? Are you so selfish that you don't care what kind of world you leave behind?

i will live for the good of humanity, but that doesnt include god anymore than it does santa claus.

Which 4 would that be?

i am your god, no graven images, no other gods, dont take his name in vain. i am of the opinion that those four slots could have been much better used. but no, it was imperative that this guy make it very clear how important he thinks he is to our world.

for instance, the satanic temple of arkansas has these tenets:

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

interestingly, not one mention of worshipping anything at all, let alone the prince of darkness. huh.
edit on 6-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The new testament says "God is love" twice. So what I believe the intent is to say, put no value in pleasure above love. Do not love falsely. And do not imagine that you can find love in anything made with your hands. God is Love, Love is not fully understood but it can be known.

So the commandments say, never love in vain. And worship love as your God. Love is the inspiration for humanity, not ritual.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thier are many different philosophies that claim to be Satanism. In my OP I was speaking about those who believe in demon possession, and do actually worship Satan.

Many call themselves Christians but don't believe the same thing.

Many call themselves Jews but don't believe the same thing.

Many call themselves Muslims but don't believe the same thing.

So this discussion is not about those who you quoted, unless they perform some ritual or flesh sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thier are many different philosophies that claim to be Satanism. In my OP I was speaking about those who believe in demon possession, and do actually worship Satan.

Many call themselves Christians but don't believe the same thing.

Many call themselves Jews but don't believe the same thing.

Many call themselves Muslims but don't believe the same thing.

So this discussion is not about those who you quoted, unless they perform some ritual or flesh sacrifice.

ah. my bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wasn't the whole Jesus affair basically a human sacrifice?

If that's what God wants, maybe these supposed "Satanist" are not really too far off base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join