It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how they defeated the E-cigarettes in the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I know you didn't direct that at me, so I hope you will not mind if I answer according to my own situation?

Not at all.

That was a really good list of excuses. I won't judge you for your "bad habits", I have too many of my own.

Thanks for the cost rundown. What are you spending the savings on?

Not eating Ramen every other night??

But seriously... It's going into a jar for a small vacation for my husband and I. We've been married for over 17 years and have never had a get away together.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just remember that a vapor e-cig is vapor not smoke, you cant see it.

Make a smoke cloud of the strong stuff and you will knock your socks off with the nicotine content, its like a whole pack of cigs worth in one blast.

Dont underestimate these.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Some regulation of ecigarettes is necessary.

The manufacturing industry in China is so inconsistent and unscrupulous that everything from Baby Formula to Dog Food has been found to be lethally toxic.

When you combine the possibility of toxicity with an addictive drug there is potential for a massive negative health effect.

We have already seen warnings about 'Ejuice' cut with poisonous chemicals!

Ecigarettes should be a means to an end, not an addiction unto themselves. For that reason I will continue to favour the Non-nicotine type of disposable Ecigarette which separates the two main causes of addiction, chemical and habitual, so that when one is successful in breaking the chain of cigarette smoking one isn't left with another addiction. The Nicoderm patch, when used per directions is an effective nicotine cessation program made much more effective when used in conjunction with Non-nicotine disposable Ecigarettes.

Keep in mind that if one is 'Vaping' with nicotine, the use of a Nicoderm patch, or any other proven nicotine replacement product could lead to a nicotine overdose and death.

Information about the difference between the two distinctly different types of Ecigarettes is slimm, but here is something worth looking at:

www.canadianliving.com...

edit on -05:0058149302014-09-05T09:30:58-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

But seriously... It's going into a jar for a small vacation for my husband and I. We've been married for over 17 years and have never had a get away together.

Sounds like you're going to live to enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

These e-cigs are going to get exposed eventually.

A study recently just showed how most of the atomizers get too hot and YOU ARE combusting which makes smoke. Some pen/oil combos are creating Formaldehyde too. Yummy yummy. Pcp in an ecig!

Our air is a vapor. When you smoke a ciggarette the only difference between it and an e-cig is the lack of carbon being released from the burning. The chemicals being released into our atmosphere and the air we breathe is almost the same. Just cause you can't see it as well doesn't mean the e-cig vapor is safer. Just as toxic pretty much.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Most of that has been found to occur while "dripping" which is something I don't do. Formaldehyde is also in ALL regular cigarettes regardless of how you "use" them.

Nobody I know of is playing dumb in the vape community. I'm sure some do, I just don't know who they are. Vaping is still safer than regular cigarettes and I don't know why that fact is ignored or glazed over.

Here's a list I found pretty quick online listing many of the poisons found in regular cigarettes -

www.cancerresearchuk.org...

When someone can show me that vaping is even a quarter as unhealthy as regular cigarettes then I will think about it. For now, it seems folks just want to stop anybody from even attempting to make a healthier decision for themselves and that makes no sense to me at all.

It's almost like people are saying that you should just go ahead and pick the worst option because the other may not be as healthy as nothing at all.

edit on 9/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Im waiting on some experts to come back and tell me whats living on the sides of my tongue, i hope its a mad coincidence that 3 months after using one of these i get some funky stuff growing and eating the sides of my tongue (as gross as it sounds ladies and gentlemen).

If it is cancer, which very well could be and im to rally to get these banned, 3 months is utterly ridiculous, not saying that any amount of time is okay, but 3 months REALLY? Thats shocking its for human consumption. Im 31.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Choose for yourself whatever you want. I'm more concerned about my kids. Electronic or not its a ciggarette with noxious fumes adding chemicals to our environment.

Keep them with the analogs and away from me and mine

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

what kind of e-juice are you using?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So much ignorance on this subject...not just in the public eye but in this forum

Casaa.org

Please educate yourselves and stop spreading fear and misinformation...

There is no pcp in an e-cig...
All of the ingredients in an e-cig you already ingest, with the exception of nicotine perhaps...
Yes, some people have an allergic reaction to propylene glycol, some people are also allercic to pollen...
There is NO combustion in an e-cig AT ALL, doesnt matter what kind you use...(when used properly...over firing a coil could potentially burn your wick)

These things were created in the 60's by a doctor who wanted to provide a healthier alternative to tobbaco products and there have been many medical studies done on them proving his success...

On top of all that, what happened to my right to choose what i do with my body.

These products have helped so many people quit smoking/dipping and become healthier and live happier lives...

Short story: i was vaping in a waffle house, one of the cooks began arguing with my freind and i about how unsafe it was, i bet him $50 i could prove him wrong, gave him a free vaporizer to try for one week. He has since quit smoking AND vaping. I never took his money and he buys my hashbrowns and eggs everytime he is working.

Please stop spreading fear and misinformation and ignorance!

edit on 05pm301u14 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I can appreciate your concern for your children, but fearing that which you dont understand is going to do them more harm in the long run.

There are no noxious fumes released from vaporizers. The nicotine is absorbed by the user and they are already exposed to the other ingredients used in e-liquids
Propylene glycol (anti-microbial used by many hospitals, used in many air freshener/hand soaps/asthma inhalers ect.)
Vegetable glycerine (organic compound)
Natural flavorings (its in ALL YOUR FOODS)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
abcnews.go.com... -fla-mans-face/story?id=15645605

Will it stop the ecigs from exploding?

Your link doesnt have any info to it, is it possible you could find another?

The problem with these types of vaporizers is the individual owners think they are special, they build thier own sub-ohm coils which the batteries cannot safely handle and the battery vents.
Ive only heard of a few specific cases, but not this one and i live in central florida. The majority of individuls who use these devices, like myself, are aware of the risk of overloading batteries but it does only take one bad apple...bad news spreads faster than good news...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

was:

V2 e-cig with their v2 juice for it. Their wicks burnt out very quickly too.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

I can appreciate your concern for your children, but fearing that which you dont understand is going to do them more harm in the long run.

There are no noxious fumes released from vaporizers. The nicotine is absorbed by the user and they are already exposed to the other ingredients used in e-liquids
Propylene glycol (anti-microbial used by many hospitals, used in many air freshener/hand soaps/asthma inhalers ect.)
Vegetable glycerine (organic compound)
Natural flavorings (its in ALL YOUR FOODS)

You said what I didn't have time to type out this morning. Thank you.

Having my daughter in a smoked filled car was far worse than any vape I've ever put out. Maybe it's because I don't buy anything that wasn't made right here with so few ingredients I can count them on one hand? I don't know. I think people genuinely want ecigs to fail if for no other reason than they can just go on complaining about how smokers are killing them too. As illogical as that sounds, it's the most logical explanation I can come up with. There will always be people to complain about everything... It's what makes the world go around I suppose.

Enough people are into this now, that it doesn't matter what the FDA here will wind up doing. It's far too widespread for it to be stopped at this point and I for one... am happy for it.

Nobody will shut vaping down, the only thing that will happen is that the taxes will go sky high on it. Because you know palms need to be greased for something to be legit. I don't like my kids at Walmart when a belligerent drunk that smells of urine is pacing the aisles, yet somehow that is acceptable.

Keep complaining folks. It's not going to go in your favor this time.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

was:

You were so excited too...you didnt start smoking again did you?

Have you seen a doctor?
Perhaps a bit biased on my part but can conclusively contribute your problems to vaping?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

originally posted by: Biigs

was:

You were so excited too...you didnt start smoking again did you?

Have you seen a doctor?
Perhaps a bit biased on my part but can conclusively contribute your problems to vaping?

I doubt i will ever smoke or drink again, but the universe does seem to be constantly poking me with a stick so how long i can resist giving in i do not know. But certainly for the foreseeable future i wont be doing anything at all. Including vaping. I dont know how but it will find a way to screw me over once again.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Our air is a vapor. When you smoke a ciggarette the only difference between it and an e-cig is the lack of carbon being released from the burning. The chemicals being released into our atmosphere and the air we breathe is almost the same. Just cause you can't see it as well doesn't mean the e-cig vapor is safer. Just as toxic pretty much.

Sorry, this entire paragraph is just pure nonsense. Most toxins/carcinogens in cigarettes are resulting from BURNING. The numbers of carcinogens in cigarette smoke is in the hundreds. The nicotine and the tobacco *PER SE* is not the dangerous thing about smoking.

A e-cigarette doesn't combust/burn the liquid...this alone makes vape have 100x - 1000x less of the carcinogens a normal cigarette has. Your comparison saying that "normal air" is comparable to cigarette smoke...is absurd.

The ban of e-cigs in some places and some nations for me is nothing but a huge scandal. THERE ARE no studies showing the dangerousness of e-cigarettes, those bans have no legitimacy whatsoever. An occasional exploding e-cigarette hyped up in the media I can only see as a ridiculous attempt of Big Tobacco/The Governments to demonize e-cigs.

The irony, we will likely never actually SEE a solid, reputable study about the safeness of e-cigs since no government anf od course Big T. has an interest in this. Common sense to me would be that smokers, health advocates etc. everywhere should've welcomed e-cigs as the best thing since sliced bread, but all you need to do is open your eyes to realize it's not about health at all...it's about money and big companies fearing for their profits. As said, nothing less but a big scandal.

edit on 9/5/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think overall i find the use of a conventional cigarette, with vaping you are just warming up liquid and sucking into your lungs, like putting a straw over kettle steam.

If i was to recommend (dont laugh) hookah, nice cloudy smoke, nice clean tastes hundreds of years in the practice and as far as i know all those guys didnt die of lung cancer - they bother to filter the smoke first through water, now if a vape unit did that i think they would sell a lot more regardless of its effectiveness as crass as that is.

Obviously the water doesnt just cherry pick the good from the bad smoke particulates but it chills them and the heavy bad ones tend to fall away and you are left with slightly cleaner smoke - and it doesnt have to have nicotine. Just dont buy one and try it out of the box yourself, its hard to get right, go sit down in a few cafes first (and they come in portable sizes, i know i have one i cant use forever).

edit on b1515416 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Could be the propylene glycol? I've read that some users may have allergic reactions. Maybe what you have is something like mouth ulcers or otherwise "canker" sores. I'm using the vegetable glycerin for almost 3 weeks now with no side-effects

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hope you're exaggerating about having to be a mile away from your workplace to smoke a cigarette.

Sounds like you Brits are a lot more "free" than even we Americans are.

<< 1    3 >>

join