It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ants working together in ways I have never seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I have seen ants working together. Sometimes I see a few ants all pulling on one crumb. These ants are lined up pulling together in a way that I haven't seen before. Have you ever seen ants doing this. I don't mean each ant pulling on one crumb, but actually lining up linked together like this? I don't know if this is real. Maybe CGI? Who would think to fake something like this, and why? It is just really random if if it is fake.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jessieg
www.youtube.com...

I have seen ants working together. Sometimes I see a few ants all pulling on one crumb. These ants are lined up pulling together in a way that I haven't seen before. Have you ever seen ants doing this. I don't mean each ant pulling on one crumb, but actually lining up linked together like this? I don't know if this is real. Maybe CGI? Who would think to fake something like this, and why? It is just really random if if it is fake.

its not fake ants are very creative creatures ...here's another for you

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jessieg

Ants are actually quite intelligent for insects.

Check out this video of ants forming a raft to float on water:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm getting a strong sense of alien presence.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If only the Gods got along like these little guys. Instead of bragging about who's more powerful then who, or who rules what.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Crazy. I almost see little bullwhips being cracked.

Heave… Ho! Crack!

Next they'll be building little pyramids.

Oh, they already do. We call them "mounds".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
Ants are actually quite intelligent for insects.

Sometimes I wonder if they might actually be smarter than we are...

"You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up! Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one and if they ever figure that out there goes our way of life! It’s not about food, it’s about keeping those ants in line."

edit on 5-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

ok then .... we are the ants and the elites than run the show are the grasshoppers....hmmm
edit on 5-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
After seeing an ant on my sisters car as we travelled from one city to the next, I wondered what would happen to the ant once we stopped. Don't ants belong to their own tribes/groups? What the heck happens to the foreign ant? I know it sounds funny and I don't know why it never came to my mind before but...yeah, what happens?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
After seeing an ant on my sisters car as we travelled from one city to the next, I wondered what would happen to the ant once we stopped. Don't ants belong to their own tribes/groups? What the heck happens to the foreign ant? I know it sounds funny and I don't know why it never came to my mind before but...yeah, what happens?

That is an interesting question!
I would like to know the answer to that as well !

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

He becomes a wanderer in a new world. We can call him columbant

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ant are very interesting critters, there are species of ants that capture and keep slaves, and some that grow underground fungus gardens..they are farming in a very deliberate way. Farming or agriculture is whats considered civilization or something to that effect.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

She lives out her short lonely life searching for her family until something eats her or she dies of other causes.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Instinct-based teaching (not intelligence-based):
phys.org - Teaching ants: First demonstration of 'teaching' in non-human animals...

What this shows is very simple or unintelligent creatures can teach. It's veyr fascinating. Imagine if we teached only instinctively? So like I taught you to play basketball, but I couldn't teach anything I'm not equipped to teach instinctively. Only basketball, and probably with many limitations. (For example, in the linked article it's shown the teacher still "teaches" even if the pupil is removed. Just a gentle tap on the hind leg from the experimenter would make the teacher continue its lesson.)
edit on 5-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Maybe it was a lucky Argentine ant that belonged to the global super-colony.

Argentine ants living in vast numbers across Europe, the US and Japan belong to the same inter-related colony, and will refuse to fight one another.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Awesome video.
I've seen ants do some a amazing things.

Ants are an intelligent species. I wouldn't underestimate their determination! They might end up being the last living species on earth.

They are related to the wasp.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jessieg

Try this video: The Besieged Fortress

and

Its Ants vs termites in a story telling movie, and one of my best ever

Jeff

edit on 2014 9 6 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ants are fascinating. When I was younger I would feed them cookie or biscuit crumbs and could watch them for hours.

I recently moved into a new house and decided that the mailbox needed a major renovation. I discovered a huge ant hill within a foot from the box and as I was renovating the post and changing the box I was viciously attacked by throngs of red ants. My feet were in pain for days.

My family said that I should Raid them and be done with it, but I couldn't. I was the invader, not them. I just decided I'd step a couple feet out of the way to check my mail. I also take care not to disturb them when I cut the grass.

Well, I'm not the only one that likes my renovated mailbox. As of about 2 weeks ago a black widow decided to take up residence there. I am terrified of spiders (I know, they're probably more afraid of me than I am of them..) and I've seen black widow bites. That's not something that I wanted. I also didn't want to kill the spider. Again..live and let live..we're all just here minding our own business...but I really didn't want to get bit. I tried moving her, but within a day she had made her way back to the box. I refused to check my mail for a few days...I didn't know what to do.

2 days ago I finally decided to check my mail. I was sure I was going to miss a utility bill if I kept putting this off, and a tiny spider was no reason to have my power shut off. I held my breath and opened the box and found an interesting scene.

The red ants that had attacked me - the ones I had been urged to kill - and the ones whose lives I had spared, were eating the black widow. A group of them was hastily trying to remove her body from my mailbox. And I let them.

The logical side of me realizes that they were not doing this as a "thank you" for sparing them...but another part of me really hopes that was the case.

Ants are awesome.

new topics

top topics

join