It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pizza crust aficionados enter!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Wring out as tightly as possible to remove as much water as you can.

I think this is where I've been messing up--too much moisture. Thanks a ton!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, that will make them gloopy and not have that nice, crisp texture. All the more reason you need to grate the onion otherwise you get over and under cooked spots in the cakes due to the moisture content of the onion.

Make sure you utilize my grating technique but never, never, never give me credit for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've shared this on ATS in the past, and depending on my mood I like both thin foldable crust and deep dish crust. While I've yet to find the perfect thin, foldable crust, this is my go-to deep dish crust, and probably always will be.

imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

Go for flat bread,healthier and easy.
www.google.ca...

A bit of sauce,your toppings and toss it in the oven until cheese is melted.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I like the crust of a Taco Pizza from Pizza Hut. If you can replicate that then I'll be over! It's the only crust that my dog doesn't get. poor thing

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

I can vouch for the yummy-ness of this recipe!!!
And, it's very easy.
edit on Fri Sep 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
How you make pizza dough from flour and olive oil? What proportions do use?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
How you make pizza dough from flour and olive oil? What proportions do use?

(Guess I exaggerated its simplicity a bit..forgot about the liquid and baking powder)

My lazy pizza dough:

2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup milk

mix, knead, roll it out, make pizza

It's not very remarkable, but it gets the job done..and I rather enjoy the texture moreso than any crust I've ever tried.

edit on 6-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Is it a flaky crispy crust or a bready softish crust? Seems like it would be flakyish crispyish but for the use of the milk.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Mix in approx 1/3 gram flour(chick pea flour)into your dough mix-It gives it a beauty golden colour,and really adds substance to the base-fills your tum for longer,and chicks peas are very good for you as well.

When I make dough,I try to make an approx one inch wider circle than the plate I will be using for the pizza,then I add a ring of garlic/mozzerella/spices/tomato sauce and fold the extra inch of dough over the top of that to make a "stuffed crust."
That way,you have a kind of shallow pan shape to the pizza base,so you are able to pile in a really decent amount of toppings.

I could seriously live on homemade pizza,and probably would if I wasn't scared of turning into a real dough belly boy.

edit on 6/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Flaky, crispy, and oh so good! It has a wonderful texture I've never seen any pizza place go for. I actually do not like softer, doughy crusts much. To each their own.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You should taste my mother's. Oh man. I hope that's in the will. That frickin recipe. It's, I can't describe how damn good it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thanks! I will definitely give it a shot! What you describe is perfection for me, in a pizza crust. Give me crispy and flaky any day... no doughy-ness wanted here

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I love flaky, but does it have a biscuit like quality????
I'm rather a yeast bread lover....so I'm wondering...I tried a non-yeast dough before and it was too crumbly for our tastes.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes it is crispy and flaky like a biscuit. It's durable enough for a pizza though. The thing about mixing this dough--I neglected to mention it's a pain in the butt. Mix it VERY well or it'll be gloopy and unusable. If you have an electric mixer, use that. (also neglected to mention..with the above portions, that gives you enough dough for 2 decent sized personal pizzas.)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I LOVE pizza crust and dont' trust people who toss it. It's the best part!!

I do all kinds of things with my crust.

Get a little olive oil and mix some herbs (whatever you like) and parmesan cheese and brush it along the crust for cooking. The sprinkle it with either fresh garlic or garlic powder. I've done the same with butter instead of olive oil.

OMG I LOVE Gnocchi!!!! I have made it and it's so simple! Oh they are so tasty. I recently posted a Gnocchi chicken bake recipe on here. I think you even responded.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
*pst* Here's a secret...

Add some Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning from the packet...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have two recipes I use. It depends on what I feel like. The first one is my recipe and the second is one that came with my Cuisinart stand mixer.

Mblah's White Pizza

Pizza Dough Cuisinart
***You don't have to use the mixer to knead the dough. I have kneaded it by hand but due to joint issues I can no longer knead by hand which has been something REALLY hard to come to terms with. I love my mixer but I always loved being more hands on with my dough. To me using my hands was putting love into it

As for crust. OH I love to take either melted butter or extra virgin olive oil and add a few herbs (any kind you like) and some parmesan cheese. Brush it on the crust before cooking and sprinkle with either fresh garlic or garlic powder. OMG it is soooo good!

We just made pizza last night!

Here is my lithe man making his first pizza. He was ALL into it and it was hilarious.
My mini chef in the making

Another thing you can do is brush the pizza dough once rolled out with some evoo and a little red pepper or garlic or whatever herbs you like. Oh so tasty!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Loved the Mini me chef link! LoL I have grandbabies about the same age. They are such a hoot!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Another tip...

Use a roller docker to put little holes in the crust before you spread the sauce...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join