It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AnneeAs a scientist, I can assure you that my point has nothing to do with genetics only choice, one maybe genetically predisposed to be stimulated by various things, does that mean one should act on those impulses, your statement speaks volumes to your lack of understanding and your response to stimulus when a logical argument is placed in front of you. But that is not the point of this thread, it is simply a question of should the man be given special or preferential treatment because of his disorder, or special status?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptoniteMy soul is at piece. I do pray for those whose souls are troubled.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lladdwr

Gosh, my soul isn't! Glad that you've found peace, though - it can't have been an easy thing to achieve in this world.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr
disorder, or special status.

Are you referring to homosexuality as a disorder and special status?

No more then red hair, left handedness, or green eyes.

All humans are mutations from the original. That includes you.

Homosexuality is not a disorder. It's a normal and natural birth right variation.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Gosh, my soul isn't! Glad that you've found peace, though - it can't have been an easy thing to achieve in this world.

Gee, BWK

You don't seem like a troubled soul to me.

Unlike someone who tries to think too hard.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee...one maybe genetically predisposed to be stimulated by various things, does that mean one should act on those impulses...?

Does it mean one shouldn't?

As a scientist, I'm sure you'll agree there isn't anything actually wrong with homosexuality.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

a reply to: Annee...one maybe genetically predisposed to be stimulated by various things, does that mean one should act on those impulses...?

Does it mean one shouldn't?

As a scientist, I'm sure you'll agree there isn't anything actually wrong with homosexuality.

I wonder if he's talking about his own latent urges.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

BTW I do not think Michael Sam is being given special status.

The man just wants to play ball.

And from what I've read, he has the talent.

Other people are trying to make it into a "special status" thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Agreed. It's really ESPN and a few other select media outlets that have turned it into a big spectacle. The ESPN coverage was probably the worst of the bunch, because they pointed out every little thing he did, so they'd have an excuse to write a new article mentioning that he's gay; and likely he didn't even want that kind of attention. ESPN has been doing that with race for a while to, so it's nothing new. If we are to truly be a tolerant society those kinds of things shouldn't matter to us. Let him play football.

Lladdwr doesn't seem to understand that being a homosexual isn't a choice. If you aren't attracted to the opposite sex, you can't force that attraction. Same thing if you are straight with the same sex. It's not a choice like eating meat or vegetables, or picking out your clothes in the morning. It's who you are. All humans are equal. If he actually thinks it's a choice, then perhaps he is bisexual, because that's the only disposition I can think of where it would be.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What if mans outlook on the bible is wrong. So many people buying into the lie. I really do think God exists and I also think God is not so vindictive as to care about such silly things.

What if all of these so called faithful actually are actually standing against God by judging in Gods name. If what they say is true the God they believe in is petty and vengeful. Fools every last one of them and by the very standard they set they will all end up going to you know where for casting stones.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptoniteEvery man must choose his own path in life, some choose wisely some less so.

Said in response to, "Do you enjoy being on the side that causes the suicides?"

I think we know the type of sociopath we're dealing with, who says such a thing in denying their culpability in another human being's suicide as they actively push the other ever further toward it. Luckily, we also know the type of people we all are.

I think that's enough for me to know the rest of us are on the right track.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Lladdwr doesn't seem to understand that being a homosexual isn't a choice.

He said he is from Indonesia, I think.

I don't know what the attitudes there are on homosexuality.

But, yes ---- still believing its a choice is ignorance and not understanding.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join