It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esoteric Meaning in Music - Black Veil Brides "In The End"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is thread three on the topic of Esoteric meaning in music. So far, what are the common elements?

-Love of a female
-Love lost
-Baptism, or being born again
-This body is temporary
-Reality is an illusion
-Some force keeps us here
-Either the music rants against that force or celebrates coming salvation
-In come cases, there is a hidden future coming when the sons of disobedience see their day coming

BLACK VEIL BRIDES
"In The End"

In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life?

---Fading into the night is darkness and chaos from entropy. Death comes when cycles run out.

In the end
As my soul's laid to rest
What is left of my body
Or am I just a shell?
And I have fought
And with flesh and blood I commanded an army
Through it all
I have given my heart for a moment of glory
(I gave it all)

---Flesh is a universe of cells. Commanding that army is the one inside. The body is a shell.

In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life (oh whoa oh oh)
And who will remember your last goodbye (oh whoa oh oh)
'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid to die.

---There are two types of fear. One is a dread for the future. The other is a reverence to God's authority. Deference is fear of God. Dread is fear of chaos and judgment.

I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid to die

Born a saint
But with every sin I still wanna be holy
I will live again
Who we are
Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory

---Compare this to Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Repeat Chorus

Who rules the fallen? Why is there bloodshed, war, disease and so on? Who are we and why are we being ruled by a cruel master?

Victory Call / Holy War

"Victory Call"

Lonely among the dust and fog
Hungry for what the scriptures taught
Angry at all the love that's lost
Ready to heal our battle scars
A Holy War

This is one last Victory Call
Time waits for those who want it all
Watch their weapons fall!

Missing another life that's lost
Warning to all the paths we've crossed
Freeing ourselves from what they sold us
Starting to know the world we fought
A Holy War

---As I have been pointing out, there are those who are lamenting their lost kingdom. There are others who celebrate salvation. This band does not seem to be celebrating the fruits of the Spirit of Salvation.

---Note the difference in the video below. Who would you allow to babysit your kids? Is there a difference? Which side brings hope, peace, love, faith? It's a choice.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do you think that bottom song you posted would be just as poignant if the above songs weren't around to compare it to?

How can you rejoice in something good, or even appreciate it, if you don't know the full effects of the opposite? Give the devil his due, he's kept the church in business for many years.

And to say that the kids in Black Veil Brides don't appreciate or even know love is extremely shortsighted IMO. People of all stripes show love differently, just because you don't "get" them doesn't mean they don't know love. I don't know either way if they do or don't, but I'm not going to make a judgement call like that based on music videos and lyrics.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Try and keep the entertainment industry in perspective. It's about money and if money can be made from pure shock value; the producers will do just that. Appealing to the angst of youth is a known strategy and is a staple of the entertainment industry in music, films, comics, everything.
BVBs is an over produced bunch of pretty boys doing exactly what the A&R exec's tell them to do.

Is there an underlying agenda other than profit? maybe....

HST called it....

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

BVB....at least it's not rap!!!
edit on 4-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 4-9-2014 by robbystarbuck because: .

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple I share your view but there is a trump card on that thought. If givin the chance the bad would make sure that heaven is never found. Yes a good adversery is necessary to produce what we have today but must be cut off in order to achieve the right balance for the future.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

And to say that the kids in Black Veil Brides don't appreciate or even know love is extremely shortsighted IMO. People of all stripes show love differently, just because you don't "get" them doesn't mean they don't know love. I don't know either way if they do or don't, but I'm not going to make a judgement call like that based on music videos and lyrics.

Do choices affect other lives across the nation when it comes to the influence this has on a young mind? Which is producing a neighbor you would want to live near? Which would you trust around your daughter? They are standing on a message of rebellion against the creator of the universe, not to mention the patterns of behavior that follow this lifestyle. They are saying, in the interview below, that they want to be the new hero for this generation. I will pass. I'll take the Kutless any day as a message to stand for. Know them by their fruit.

Kutless, on the other hand, has fruit that can be passed on to your kids with pride. Which would you choose for your kids? Which lifestyle leads to a person that will contribute to society in a positive manner? Which one is out to rebell and "Just have fun." Black Veil Bride's words, not mine. We see this destroying our society each day. This is why 100 million people are not just unemployed. They are unemployable. Rock on! Right?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
Just out of curiosity, do you think that bottom song you posted would be just as poignant if the above songs weren't around to compare it to?

Well, this is the thing. Our higher nature is the inner voice we hear each day. I agree this example makes it crystal clear, but the higher nature we all possess continually shows us the difference. I made the thread with the intent of showing that difference so that there could be no doubt. There is an even larger point to make here. As you say, we should not point out the flaws in the children singing these songs. They are clearly wearing the paint and hair to cover the pain they have inside. This is what rebellion is. It's a false persona to cover what is really there. Love is the key to his. I agree that we should love these guys and simply show them the truth that is on the other side. Ignorance is ignoring truth. Truth sets you free.

One more thing should not go unsaid. The message is the SAME in each song. The truth behind the songs hinges on the same Biblical message, but the thing we stand for mirrors the thing we reap in the end. Standing with the enemy is standing against love, law, unity and peace. Standing against God means rebellion, hate, lawlessness, tyranny and war. Which choice heals this world? Why are we in the predicament we are in today?

Stand on the right foundation or watch the building crumble around you. How long will these guys last before destroying themselves? Have we seen this happen again and again to celebrities that embrace this false message? What happens to the kids who don't have the money to support the glamor? They end up on welfare and in the streets. Worship the idol or worship the true God. Which one makes more sense?

Are the messages based on different content or truths? No. This is the evidence the Bible is correct. The fruit shows the correct path to the tree.

edit on 4-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Sorry for the absence, I do typically hit and run though.

I agree that the lifestyles and messages that people like BVB practice are typically short lived. There's a reason for that though. If you believe in God then you would almost have to believe that people like that are here to test our resolve. How strong is your faith? Do you give in to that which doesn't conform to what YOU consider the norm? Think back to the 60's and Black Sabbath. Think War Pigs. Now look at Buffalo Springfield and any given anti-war song they did. Same message, just a radically different delivery system. People like BVB may not be the type you want around your kids, but they still need love like everyone else. There are some people you just need to love from a distance though.

As you pointed out, their message and that of Kutless are basically the same though. An argument could be made that BVB conveys their message in the way that they do in order to get it across to the people who don't like the conformity of people like Kutless. You definitely have people who are running in different circles here yet believe in the same core message: Things could be better. What makes them different is the path they choose to get there. One isn't better than the other, they are simply different.

BVB seems to be more of the "in your face" type that wants to confront and kill the "opposition" dead in it's tracks. That's how they believe a positive change can come to pass. Kill "The Man" and do it now. Kutless wants that change to come by love and love alone. It's my belief that no positive changes in this regard have ever happened en masse because neither of those messages standing alone as they are, seem to work for the masses. Kutless is seen as a sort of pansy while BVB are seen as just weird.

In the music business appearances and the way messages are conveyed count for everything. To think otherwise is to be naive. If BVB wants to be more relevant they need to tone things down a bit. For Kutless to be more relevant, he needs a bit more of hard edge. I guess we can start with BVB doing a Kutless cover and vice versa. If that didn't shake things up I don't know what would. Our society has been programmed to respect violence and hatred for one another, yet we all know that a change needs to come and come yesterday. To change this, people need to understand this and walk a very fine line between the two while shifting the balance to more love and respect for one another. And if a person wants to do this through music, they have to do something no one has ever done before.

People like BVB are old hat in the music business. Shock value. Same with Kutless. Kill 'em with kindness. What really needs to happen first though, is people need to stop looking at the person conveying a message, and look at the message itself. This was a lot easier to do before the advent of music videos. A good example is You and I by Lady Gaga. The song sounds a lot better than it looks via the official video. The first time I heard it was before I even knew who sang it. When I found out and checked out the video, I could clearly see how visuals can water down the message. The video has nothing to do with the audio. Put it this way......whoever wrote the song was smoking MJ. Whoever made the video was smoking crack.

What I'm trying to say is......don't let the message get lost in the method. When someone figures out how to do that and make the message crystal clear without the smoke and mirrors of their image.....things will get done.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Taupin Desciple I share your view but there is a trump card on that thought. If givin the chance the bad would make sure that heaven is never found. Yes a good adversary is necessary to produce what we have today but must be cut off in order to achieve the right balance for the future.

They are given their chances every day, yet fail. I'm not old but I'm old enough to know that the bad in life never wins out in the end. Ever. Human nature in its purest form always wins out somehow. There seems to be encoded in our DNA that we go through a phase where we fight the natural order of things. We go through a rebellious phase. A phase that fights peace. The problem seems to be that those in charge just haven't grown out of that phase. They haven't grown up and they're dragging the rest of down with their childish notions that greed and war is the best. For some perverted reason they believe it's the best for THEM, but it certainly is the best for everyone else.

Not that they care though.

top topics

join