It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello everyone! newish with a couple questions to get me started :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good day to everyone reading this!

Ive been a member for some time now and I usually do mostly reading of other post with here a reply there a reply kinda thing.

Well now I would like to get a little more involved and have a few questions.

First about me I guess: im just the run of the mill younger gentlemen (27), I have many minor experiences that I would like to one day make into major experiences. I guess as much as id hate to admit it im one of those people who start things and never complete them, but im working on that. For example I enlisted in the USMC right out of high school and as much as it hurts to admit I washed out of basic due to medical. Honestly if I would have kept my mouth shut I may still be in today, as it was a dream of mine to serve my country. But I tend to be brutally honest sometimes even when the truth hurts..
Following that I started my own buisness buying and refining gold, did extremely well as I was able to beat my competition into the groud being as fair as I am. When others were buying at 30% of the worth of your gold, I was buying it at 70%, and happily making my 28% profit. To me there is no better feeling then being able to help someone in need when they are in a dark place weather to keep there lights on, put food on the table or keep that roof over there head. This lasted for about 6 months before I got taken advantage of by someone I had brought on board with me that at the time was a close friend. Due to me being to trusting, and due to my partners unethical buisness tactics we had to close and had a lawsuit brought up against us. But it was glorious while it lasted, we turned over approx 280k worth of gold in in that 6 months, and to me being 23, with a high school education,  amd being on my own in a state with no family, and a couple handful of friends made me feel on top of the world.
Shortly after being served for the suite, and getting a cease and desist notice I was involved in a really crappy motorcycle accident which left me with 2 shattered wrist for a while. Luckily I had someone who cared enough to help take care of me, (this person would later go one to become the mother of my son, we are no longer together for the better but we still have an amazing little boy) who wasnt even family which to this day amazes me because family isnt something ive had much of. While assisting me back to health she pushed me to persue school, which I was able to enroll in. Ive always been the hands on creative type so I sought the field of engineering. Due to issues that were probly avoidable I had to stop going only 2 yrs in.
Since then its all been kinda down hill and depressing, but I havent given up yet and I honestly attribute that to my significant other whom ive been with for the last 3 years, not being the same person as the mother of my son has made things a little rocky, but she has held me together in a way I never knew possible. If I hadnt meet her Im not sure how things would be right now, as time and time again shes has kept me from packing up my essentials and going to try to live in the woods somewhere, or just go "be".  For her and my son I am truely blessed. 
I have tried my hand at product creation or inventing as some would call it, but it is very expensive and there again depressing when you think you have something. Im actually in the process of trying to motivate myself to start a "take my ideas" kinda page just so I can get them out there because I feel like they would help alot of people, even if I dont make anything on them. Most of my ideas are solar and or power related. For example, one of my favorite designs would allow solar "slates" to be used indoors in the form of blinds, that when rolled one way would harness the suns power and be split to the users specific requested % (store x% for later use, use x% now to relieve grid use) taking the strain off of your main power supply (costly electric company) while also charging back up batteries stored in your attic or basement, once the sun goes down the house would then continue to relieve the strain from your power bill and pull from the batteries. It would also double as an emergency power source when the power goes out. It would also allow that the panels be inside, away from the elements to help make them last longer, and when you didnt want to see the panels you could roll the blinds the opposite way to show a normal color looking blind, keeps well with the look of the home.

Well that is pretty much me, I hope to hear from some people as I enjoy reading post on this site as far out as they might be sometimes. But I do have a couple questions for anyone who has knowledge and is willing to allow me to pick there brain, and conversate with me about some unrelated topics that I have written about so far. Mainly im intrested in starting a "airsoft/volunteer emergency response group" that I would like to get info on how to go about getting together THE RIGHT WAY because the times are crazy and are getti g crazier by the day, it it wasnt long ago that a local here was raided by the feds for being a prepper and went to jail. Not intrested in jail time, or getting my door boomed by the alphabet soup boys, but I believe in strength in numbers, better safe then sorry, and all that jazz. I just like to know that if given the chance my family, friends, and community would have a fighting chance given the opportunity if something should occur. Not a fan of getting caught with my pants down outside of the bedroom. I love everything within the boarders of this country for the most part even tho I bitch about something here and there. I would stand for this country as I would stand for my family, even tho we arnt always right. As a parent you try to correct there mistakes and deal with it in house and I see this country and the world as no diffrent. I would defend, make amends the best I could, but be damned if I im gonna let someone else lay a hand on on my child or country.

So all info is welcomed the more experienced the better

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello, I can help your idea for solar work better and be more efficient. I have had that idea for some time and have expanded it. Much like you i have done nothing with it. It involves narrow widow height mirrors mounted beside the windows. If you can not picture what i am getting at. Let me know and i will comment more.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to the looney bin.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Hello, I can help your idea for solar work better and be more efficient. I have had that idea for some time and have expanded it. Much like you i have done nothing with it. It involves narrow widow height mirrors mounted beside the windows. If you can not picture what i am getting at. Let me know and i will comment more.

Hiyya! And thanks for reading and commenting! Ive got an idea but im not sure that it is what your talking about... a narrow mirror setup that would focus more sunlight into the panel slats? Or something along those lines or am I completely off? Very interested in your idea aswell, im always looking to improve/expand my knowledge, but fyi I wont be using your idea without giveing you credit when I talk about this with other. Have you any imtrest in starting something like a facebook group page with me or something of the likes where we can put our ideas and allow others to run with it? I get discouraged very easy and its my biggest demotivator, but every now and then I get that spark amd revisit and rework my ideas.
I started to go through patent company to get this off the ground, the rep thought it was an amazing idea (im sure they all say that so thelat they can get some money out of ya) and we were gonna go ahead with a patent search and a engineering review, a feasablilty and a market analysis for the product that cost lile $900, I even had a investor for up to 25k in Canada. But my bank wouldnt let me over draw by $400 lol. Probly a good thing tho as I may have been put in debt with the bank at the time I was just let go and had my last $500 and was losing sleep over what to do with it lol

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Hello and welcome to the looney bin.

thank you very much! I brought my helmet, with newly installed chin strap, boots tied tight and im ready to go!

top topics

join