It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking... Woman Beheaded in London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

No, most don't resort to violence. Most are perfectly fine people, but there does seem to be a sizeable minority who have polar opposite views to our own. From the sexual exploitation of children, to child marriage even, to FGM, right the way through to the extreme end of the scale including Jihad and murder, there are plenty in the UK who fit the bill and even more who sympathise behind closed doors for them.

Sticking your head in the sand and shouting "racist" doesn't help - in fact, it makes the problem worse.

What you describe isn't religion specific, there are many movements & beliefs these days with sympathizers, still doesn't mean crap when talking about terrorism.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Any movement or belief that then resorts to any violent act for any kind of political or religious motive is committing an act of Terrorism. It doesn't matter if there is only 1 victim or 1 million.

it just so happens that the only movements or beliefs actively doing so at the moment are extreme Islamic ones.

Shouting racist when anyone mentions it just helps them hide. Doing so allowed dozens of Muslim men to abuse thousands of kids for years (and there have been more arrests and convictions elsewhere than Rotherham, you know - in fact, some happened this week)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why do you think I keep mentioning the Woolwich killing?

Do I need to spell it out for you? I'll start with the letter B.....

Given that beheading is something that has been tied to Islamic extremism, given that Islamic extremism is(debatably, I'll admit) more common than most will admit. Add to that the recent much disputed videos and what do you expect?

You never answered my first question: Are you going to "buy" the official version of events this time?

edit on 4-9-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

The majority of gun owners aren't that stupid. If they want to practice they go to a range or safely do it on their property. Drunks with guns, clearly why the rest of the world is hankering for America to get rid of their firearms.

So in essence, the cases exploited by the media are ingrained in everyone's minds, distorting popular opinion.

I think I just denied ignorance.

link   

link   

I do care but not in the manner you seem to take.

You think the young radical Muslim's want to be cool, nothing of the sort, its ingrained into them from a young age from the parents who want this.

All the known family's of radical's should be extradited.Thats a easy one.

ALSO no one's using the word TREASON on the media.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think I just denied ignorance.

Nah, you just ruined a perfectly good bit of satire. It was obviously a tongue in cheek joke, but hey ho

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

Why? okay lets turn what you said around.
If your child kills another you should go to jail also.
Many of the parents of the people gone to ISIS have spoken out and want their kids back.

Oh and reading more into this I think it was a mentally ill person not a terror attack etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

Why do you think I keep mentioning the Woolwich killing?

Do I need to spell it out for you? I'll start with the letter B.....

Given that beheading is something that has been tied to Islamic extremism, given that Islamic extremism is(debatably, I'll admit) more common than most will admit. Add to that the recent much disputed videos and what do you expect?

You never answered my first question: Are you going to "buy" the official version of events this time?

Relax mate, they caught the guy, you're safe for another day although you should try and stop thinking about it so much, you may forget to look left & right whilst attempting to cross the street

Btw, beheading is also a form of justice in some countries.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you care to read what I wrote, you'll see my use of the word "cool" in brackets was meant (and obviously so as I went further to explain) they wished to fit and impress their peer groups - all human beings are the same, no matter what flavour.

It matters not if they are a die hard jihadi or a tree hugging hippy - those that wish to "do well" in their chosen ideological crusade will seek to perform acts that are viewed by the rest of the group as "heroic" or otherwise impressive. My point was further expanded to explain that those who, for whatever reason, have not gone to war will seek to further their cause in other fashions, including soft targets at home, largely in part so they too can claim to have been part of the "Holy War", especially when "big brother Mo" comes home fresh from the Battlefield.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

Stay on topic. No political trolling, no baiting.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Holy crap, Edmonton??? I live just a few miles from there! I'll check into this.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why? okay lets turn what you said around.
If your child kills another you should go to jail also.
Many of the parents of the people gone to ISIS have spoken out and want their kids back.

Oh and reading more into this I think it was a mentally ill person not a terror attack etc.

Telling the media that is one thing and I simply don't buy it.

Say's it all

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You do realise you're own source says it cannot find a verifiable source for the alleged quote by the Algerian president and in the one recording of the only speech he made at the UN, it's in Arabic.

This speech - supposedly made by Houari Boumedienne, president of Algeria at the United Nations in 1974- is often quoted on Counterjihad or Counter European Genocide blogs, but I've never been able to find a solid source for it. I'd like to establish whether it is apocryphal or genuine.

The book "North Africa: contemporary politics and economic development" by Richard I. Lawless and Allan I. Findlay refers to "his remarkable address to the Extraordinary Session of the United Nations General Assembly on Primary Commodities (convened at his request) on 10 April 1974." It also says that Boumedienne "visited the USA only on the above-mentioned occasion." So, if Boumedienne did make these remarks to the UN, it must have been in that speech because this was the only time he ever visited the United States.

There is more information about the UN session here: Declaration on the Establishment of a New International Economic Order.

The speech is shown in the video above. Unfortunately, it's in Arabic and I can't understand Arabic. Occasionally, people who do understand Arabic visit this blog. So, if you can understand Arabic, please listen to the speech and then tell us in a comment whether it contains the remark quoted above. If it doesn't, we'll have to conclude that this quote is apocryphal.

Do you speak Arabic, because I don't, so for all we know he could be saying

"You know, I really love bacon, why can't we eat it? And Beer! Oh my god, beer! You have to try it, it's super awesome!"

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Bloody hell.

First of all, this has nothing to do with guns. Secondly we know virtually nothing about this.

The facts at this point -

- a woman was found dead in a Edmondton garden. It is alleged she was decapitated, but even this isn't confirmed.
- the assumed killer has been arrested and is in custody
- police discharged a taser, presumably at the suspect
- a policeman suffered a broken wrist
- police evacuated residents in the houses surrounding the one in question
- police have been unable to contact the deceased's next of kin at this point.
- police say they don't believe this terror related at this point.

This is all that's known. It might well be inspired by events elsewhere, and may involve a Muslim - perhaps an honour killing, who knows - but there is little point speculating at this point.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Someone on that site commented and said this about the speech.

It's not right, he didn't speak that at all, it's apocryphal.
what Boumedienne say's is all about that the advanced world should take responsibility in devolpment of the another part of the world, the poor which development is in progress, and not to make prices of raw material as they like.

He offers to translate it in full but it was posted two years back.

So its all in the translation.

So again the poster doesn't even read his own links.
edit on 4-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join