It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS - Raising the Dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
An examination of the role of Isis in the physical raising from the dead of her husband Osiris in the form of Horus, and the role of the Djed column in that strange carry on. I want to look at this because there is a suggestion from the evidence that those traditions had found correspondence in the Sumerian tradition of a Celestial axis or Tree of Life that was associate with the life generating force of Enki, that was seen to progress upward in five stages, as i outlined in The Mysteries of Dilmun

In considering such a correlation it is immediatly noteworthy that the mysteries of Isis and Osiris had strong association with the constellations Canis Major and Orion, and that this is a cult of the regeneration of Life.

The star Sopdet (Sirius) is associated with Isis. The appearance of the star signified the advent of a new year and Isis was likewise considered the goddess of rebirth and reincarnation, and as a protector of the dead.

The basis of the Osiris myth is that he measured himself up for his own coffin, that this could be seen as encased within a tree that supported the roof of a Palace, at Byblos, that Isis seeks out, finds and re-concstitutes the various parts of his body save for his penis, wherefore she has to resort to an ithyphallic device to impregnate herself in order to give birth to Horus.

There is a great deal of measuring seen going on by the likes of Thoth and Anubis with regards to the Double Doors of Heaven, which had correspondence with the Djed column and thus suggested an axis, it appears this is generally concerning Phi ratio, with relationship to things such as the orbital relationship of the Planet Venus to Earth and derivatives such as the Fibonacci sequence, patterns seen to generate within nature.

He represented the fertility that lies at the bottom of the underworld as well as the minerals and vegetal produce of the earth.

He was carried on a boat known as the Henu-barque which had the form of a the crescent moon. His stellar manifestation was that of Orion

The relationship of Osiris to Orion was through assimilation with the Cult of Sokar, who dates from earlier times and the Festival of his regeneration in Khoiak was related to Orion, it was Ptah that was understood to have favbricated the column itself so this is a colt of Ptah-Sokar-Osiris. The four vertebrae of the column correspond to the four pillars at the corner of the world configured as a centralized axis, but also these correspond to the Celestial counterpart of the square of Pegaus, as the primordial mound of First Creation, and it is from this Sokar was understood to rise, this can also be seen to correspond to the spine of any individual

The Sokar Feast was celebrated every year at the setting (disappearance from the night sky) of the constellation Orion, which was a symbolic death of Ptah-Sokar-Osiris. The rites center around the preparation of his body, actually a corn Osiris which would later sprout after watering, and its placement into a tomb, but the culmination of the ceremonies involved the resurrection of the god in the form of the full moon rising on the lotus of Nefertum.

Given the complexities of Egyptian thought and symbolism there are going to be any number of Deities that can have association with this axis, for example Khnum that formed mankind from the clay of the primordial mound as a potter, the essential Life Force of the Atum understood to permeate all things and by association the electrifying power of the cobra Goddess Wadjet.

The onions of Sokar would play a fundamental part in the resurrection of Osiris, with the installation of a sudden luminous appearance of the ground, the place where all the justified deceased will be born again.

So we can see for example Wadjet in association with the Djed column and a reptilian brood of Kundalini afficianados , in former times the Great Goddess Neith would have been involved through all stages of this regeneration as she was seen as the Mother of the crocodile Sobek and his correspondence to the Primordial Mound, Isis appears at first with quite a specific role as Sirius in regathering and bringing together the fragmentary Osiris.

There is shared numeric symbolism in the Mesopotamian and Egyptian traditions with regards to the Celestial axis and five stages of progression, in the Sumerian narrative this simply involves Enki seducing and impregnating five of his daughters through successive generations, in Egypt things are more subtle and involve five onions in relationship to five openings

At the moment when the onions intervene by the action of Sokar in the ritual of the Opening of the Mouth, the vital breath is not offered yet to the nostrils of the dead and the deceased doesn't yet breathe.

The necklaces of onions of the ntryt-night, presented to the deceased by the living while Sokar receives bundles of this same plant, are going to permit him to acquire this breath of life.

The seven openings are achieved henceforth completely, definitely giving life and completing the creation of the five openings associated to the five onions.

The Onions then had seasonal association with Orion and also at the culmination of Khoiak, they unite the soil with the sky and also swallows were released which would be symbolism related to Cygnus ascending upward from the base of the axis, it was all fiendishly complex.

Tatenen is the land which rises up creating a surface, thus translating the appearance of it at the "First Time", Sokar is the cosmic principle permitting for Geb to appear above the surface of ground. Simultaneously, the Sokar-Osiris relationship develops the theme of solarisation and, on the one hand, affirms the equation between resuscitated Sokar and the rising sun, and, on the other, between Sokar, the nocturnal form of the sun, and Osiris. The new epithet "small sun" is the translation.

In common with the Sumerian narrative of Enki were his semen is recovered from his daughter the Spider Goddess Uttu and used to form eight plants which he then eats and these are reborn as eight Deities it can be seen in Egypt a directly considered correspondence between the way plants are seen to die back and be regenerated and that human regeneration was expected in similar fashion.

Thus, on Khoiak 26th, king Sokar-Osiris or the Ancient One can become the New Horus, "the one whose right eye is the sun and the left the moon". This second phase of resurrection proclaims a king identified to the creator guarantor of the maintenance of creation and its two cycles, diurnal and nocturnal. Moreover, the 26th of Khoiak corresponds roughly to Orion's entry of its 90 days of visibility in the west.

Onions of Sokar

Ptah-Sokar-Osiris

edit on Kam930246vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

SnF for another interesting read Kantzveldt

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Raising the dead will always be interesting, people as daffodils, Set chops their heads off Isis puts them back together.

a reply to: Psynic

Work on your capacity to appreciate then...

edit on Kam930246vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You were thinking of the modern terrorist group ISIS instead of the ancient Egyptian goddess? This is the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum. The title fits in with this forum just fine.

Excellent thread. Very interesting. I love the ancient Egyptian and Summerian cosmologies and religions. Studying them tells us a lot about humanity. It tells of our journey here. Thanks for posting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Another one will grow next year, whether or not you cut the flower that is there now. Like many bulb flowers, daffodils bloom once a year. The bulbs, with time will also divide into multiple bulbs, in which case you will have more flowers in future years than this year, until they become crowded, when you can thin the bulbs after they have bloomed.

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

Codex, accepted GODDESS Queen of Heaven the MOTHER, will help regrow those attacked (rebirth)

Queen of Heaven was a title given to a number of ancient sky goddesses in the ancient Mediterranean and Near East, in particular Anat, Isis, Innana, Astarte, Hera and possibly Asherah (by the prophet Jeremiah). Elsewhere, Nordic Frigg also bore this title. In Greco-Roman times Hera, and her Roman aspect Juno bore this title. Forms and content of worship varied. In modern times, the title Queen of Heaven is used by Catholics and Orthodox Christians for Mary.

en.wikipedia.org...(antiquity)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Yes that's it, all will be regrown and be as their former physical selves, there's no judgmental aspects to this it's simply the principle of Canis Major as a healing birth Goddess associated in the earliest period also with patterns of fate and destiny, the culmination of an axis that extends upward from the first point of physical creation in terms of the Primordial Mound and it's astral associations.

This then also relating to Deities of water/semen mud and Earth, the generation and nurturing of organic life, however in terms of spiritual re-intergration that would be down to the likes of Enlil as God of the wind and also judgement or others from that side of the Pantheon such as Inanna as far as Sumeria goes, in Egypt things tended to be more integrated and there was the specific place of judgement in order to be able to pass through into potential afterlife and a future coming forth by day.

a reply to: Psynic

I wanted it to be as a word of power or magic, it's traditional and goes with the territory, also to restore the good name.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Great threat the title isn't miss leading if you no about the egyptian goddess isis
This story came to mind when I first heard of "isis" and whether we are seeing some kind of sacrifice or ritual taking place.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Beautiful and informative OP and thread.. FnS my friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rusblued9217
Clickbait

No, I realized it was about the goddess from the title and forum and found it interesting.

Perhaps, ISIS the Islamic State, sees themselves as a metaphor of ISIS the goddess,
they kill
only to see the religion of Islam reborn.

Would that be a good analogy? or am I off base in the thinking of the Islamic State, that using this acronym, which does have symbolism they would be quite aware of, especially in the ME,
may be a purposeful analogous meaning.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You're super close. ISIS is actually a creation of the western superpowers, who are hoping the group will act like the goddess and prove to be the catalyst that will allow them to reassemble all nations into a one-world government.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

More likely they've been set up to bring about the end of the world by taking in vain the name of a Goddess associated with raising the dead and bringing about final judgement, as a sort of intolerable Anti-ISIS, a crazed bunch of fanatics intent on chopping people up using the name of a Goddess that only ever tried to put them back together, the situation sort of demands response and a drastic solution.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Your threads are unmatched.
SnF

I especially like the part about the onions.
As I refer to their spiritual effects in that thread.

edit on Rpm90414v532014u08 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
I don't appreciate the misleading title.

...the thread is in the 'Ancient & Lost Civilizations' forum. How is that misleading?

originally posted by: Psynic

"ISIS" is an acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

'Isis' is a mythical Goddess.

Slaughtering the English language does not further anyone's knowledge.

Deny ignorance.

Was the ISIS you refer to around in 'ancient' times? My understanding is that the ISIS you were hoping to read about is a very modern/recent thing.

To the OP...This thread is a great example of the reasons I joined ATS in the first place. Very well presented and I now feel compelled to look at your previous threads which I have clearly missed out on! Thank you for sharing this information.

There is a great deal of measuring seen going on by the likes of Thoth and Anubis with regards to the Double Doors of Heaven, which had correspondence with the Djed column and thus suggested an axis, it appears this is generally concerning Phi ratio, with relationship to things such as the orbital relationship of the Planet Venus to Earth and derivatives such as the Fibonacci sequence, patterns seen to generate within nature.

One of my favorite things to read about is the use of numbers/mathematics in ancient times.

Again, very well presented. S&F for sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I agree with your thread, onions and garlic are something of a Universal panacea, according to the records thats also all the Egyptians ate when building the pyramids...!?!

a reply to: ChaosComplex

Strangely there doesn't seem to be that many around here that do appreciate archaeo-astronomy and derivative numerology and geometry, so you're most welcome to browse my threads for it as there's plenty there, and thankyou to yourself znd others for appreciation of this thread, and sorry to disappoint the one or two who were looking forward to their daily diet of atrocious behaviour and weirdness by Islamic militants...

You may actually like this site which considers the origins of the Djed column, i didn't link to it but it's a decent enough general appraisal.

Djed column symbolism

edit on Kpm930246vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Enough with the off-topic stuff.

The OP presents a wonderful subject matter for discussion, any further attempts to side track it will be removed.

Hope thats clear.
edit on 4/9/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join