It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanish! - A Free Indie Horror Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Okay, some of you out there have been waiting for me to publish another game where I get jumped scared again, so here you go!

Vanish is a completely free indie horror game that you can play. Synopsis of the game is: You've been thrown down into some old sewer system (for reasons unknown) and must find your way out. However, there is something down here with you!

The game actually randomly generates the map as you are playing!. So not only is each time you play different, but forget drawing a map while you are playing, as the corridors will change on you while you play!

Great jump scares in here.

You can download the game from Game Jolt in this link here:

Vanish

Here's my first Let's Play of the game. Yes, it nails me several times! Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you enjoyed this game you would like Outlast, you have to make your way though an old dark insane asylum without weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
If you enjoyed this game you would like Outlast, you have to make your way though an old dark insane asylum without weapons.

Outlast is on my wishlist at Steam.

Need extra bucks to get it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Outlast is on my wishlist at Steam.

Need extra bucks to get it.

Worth it...
Just play it without your kid first!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sometimes, the Jedi Mind Trick works!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Finally got another episode of Vanish out. Was having some technical difficulties.

I actually get as far as finding the keys this time! Plus some new things I'd never seen before!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Dude, Vanish looks really good. Thanks for bringing it to the Games forum.

I love the concept of the game generating around you, but it looks a little too scary for me to actually play.I don't know why, but ever since I watched The Grudge, I genuinely can't watch/play anything scary. It ruined me.

Game looks great though. It's pretty impressive the quality of games coming from indie devs these days. My friends one of them. He made a few simple little games so far. He made this really simple physics based platform puzzle game. You just had to jump your block on to a few ledges, but it was insanely hard, and ridiculously addictive

He was recently involved in a 48 hour game jam with another guy, and the made a pretty sweet game called Everyday Ghosts. It was part of the Ghost Wheel Bundle (download link at the bottom. Quite a few impressive games in there - even more so when you know they were made in 48 hours.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Got the game and am now making Let's Plays of it.

The game? ....OMG! It is FREAKING me out! I about come out of my seat several times, and I've only JUST STARTED playing it!

Would love to post the videos here once I have them uploaded, but I'm having to ask the ATS staff about it: lots of disturbing gore in the game. Don't want to get introuble with the mods.

new topics

top topics

join