It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Unconscious: Common Variables Composing Our Minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would like to explore an idea. The mind has pre-set variables, which seek to attach themselves to some value. In other words, there are pre-defined 'types' of meaning, and the mind seeks out something to fill in those slots. The mind takes in meaning as it relates to these variables. And when 'values' are inputted for all of these variables, a model for reality is created. And it is through these variables that we understand and perceive this reality.

We are often very attached to the values we input for these variables. But we lose sight of the fact that it IS a variable. Any specific value for the variable is not primary, it is the variable itself, the 'type' of meaning which seeks out some value that is primary. It is these variables which are universal to us all, and they are the collective unconscious itself. Specific values of, our use of, and the meaning we give, these variables within our own minds, pool into the collective unconscious. And it is through this pooling of the multitude of specific values we all give them, that the archetypes, symbolic personifications of these variables, expand.

These variables are not just random. They are built on an implicit pattern in reality, and the consciousness of it, itself. This is what is called the divine mind, of which the individual mind is a microcosm. The divine mind is the container of those variables, in away the variables themselves. We give expression to these variables, archetypes, through our personal specifics. But they are the same variables, the same archetypes, regardless of where they are given expression and meaning.
edit on 4-9-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

What if I said that what you're describing is the Trinity. How emotional would you become for the attached input values you have created?

Father = meaning / divine mind
Son = expression / value
Holy Spirit = variables / collective unconscious

"We give expression to these variables, archetypes, through our personal specifics. But they are the same variables, the same archetypes, regardless of where they are given expression and meaning."

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Try to see one of your variables without values/words. You need the value to see the meaning and the meaning to understand/see the variable/will/spirit.

Don't be mad at me, but I think you're describing the God of Christianity.
edit on 9/4/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

What if I said that what you're describing is the Trinity. How emotional would you become for the attached input values you have created?

Father = meaning / divine mind
Son = expression / value
Holy Spirit = variables / collective unconscious

"We give expression to these variables, archetypes, through our personal specifics. But they are the same variables, the same archetypes, regardless of where they are given expression and meaning."

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Try to see one of your variables without values/words. You need the value to see the meaning and the meaning to understand/see the variable/will/spirit.

Don't be mad at me, but I think you're describing the God of Christianity.

haha. Well, I like relating the ideas of various systems. And really that relates to the idea of archetypes discussed in OP, manifesting in our symbol-systems. I liked your comparison and explanation.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Think about convergent evolution. What the animals have converged upon is the same spirit/will/variable, and their body/image/word/value reflects their understanding/awareness/meaning of that spirit.

This reality has proper names. God, God, and God. lol, the system is him defining the system with his words. We were already in the spirit, this is how he knew us before the foundation of the world, he just manifested us into the words from the forms that he saw within the variable/spirit.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Ok, there is the mainframe, the operating environment, the programs, and the users.

If we are the users, then we would use our brains like a computer, and all computers are connected into the mainframe, the "internet of brains" being the collective consciousness.

I still think that each user is discreet however.

new topics

top topics

join