It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first UFO sighting... a moving constellation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I saw my first UFO on 8/27/14, somewhere between 10:00-10:15pm.

Though I've really wanted to see a UFO, the night I saw it, I didn't expect to at all. Which is, I suppose, how it goes. Just went out at night, taking out the trash, when I just stopped and watched the sky. Clear skies. The stars were out. So I just looked. I looked mostly for the planes (there's a major commercial airport a good 40 minutes away) and satellites. So I'm familiar with what both look like. I saw a plane and I watched it go by overhead. But as it passed, going in a different direction, I saw the UFO. It didn't look anything like what I'd seen on youtube or read here on ATS. For somewhere between 3-5 seconds, I saw what looked like a compacted version of a Big/Little dipper soaring off until it disappeared.

Even as I saw it, I knew it wasn't THEE Big/little Dipper, but there were 5-7 white lights, that looked just like stars, shaped like a miniature Dipper constellation. The plane was still in my field of vision when I saw the UFO, and the UFO was faster than the plane... The plane was low enough to be obviously a plane. I could see the outline very clearly. So it wasn't that high up yet and I could hear the faint sound of it flying by. And still the UFO was faster, and there was no sound at all. It just looked like a mini constellation. The lights weren't uniform, they weren't set out in a grid pattern or anything. They didn't change color or zip around like the light from a laser pointer. It wasn't a triangle any aircraft shape at all. I'd read plenty of people mentioning UFOs that acted like stars, or were using stars as cover, but I haven't read any stories that talked about 5-7 of them moving together, at the same speed, in a miniature pattern of a constellation that would look out of place if it hovered. A Dipper constellation that looked only 1-2 inches long would really just stick out.

I've never heard or seen or read about anyone seeing something like this. Have any of you? Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So it was sort of a sideways 'S' shape of lights , if I'm picturing this correctly?
Cool to see.I've not heard of that, congrats on seeing it!

One thing if the plane was low enough to be seen, it was perhaps landing and not going so fast.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ArgentumAquila

Are you in a town,city or out in the countryside

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

In TN especially where my parents live we have all witnessed this. I always look to my dad for the right answers but even he had no idea what it was. We often see groups of moving stars in the area. Here's some reports on Mufon that I dug up a while back when trying to find out if others had seen it as well.

one

two

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I've had the same sightings in both Los Angeles & in the Virgin Islands more specifically a place called the Bitter End near Tortola. I know exactly what you're talking about!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes, it was definitely some weirdo S/5 shape.

I'm in the suburbs. Just like 30-45 minutes north of Minneapolis, MN. So I live in the suburbs, but I'm really close to the big cities.

Thank you, Staroth, for the links. Did you see moving stars that moved as one unit?

Robbystarbuck, it's good to know you've seen them too!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Reminds me of the sighting i had a good 6+ years ago. But mine was a L shape with it moving with the flat horizontal part of the L being the 'front' i guess you could say and the vertical part of the L being the tail. It had 4 satellite sized and bright lights, 3 of them making up the L's ends and middle with a 4th light about a 3rd of the distance back from the middle light and end light.

I found out there are satellite groups when i goggled about it right after i saw it but the most i could find was of 3 lights and not in an L shape. And this one was moving in the same direction most satellites go unlike the satellite groups which i think are more north south orbits (they are spy or surveillance satellites i think), and at a slightly fast speed than I tend to see satellites move (but not by that much).

Still no idea what it was, ive seen tumbling space debri before that gives off a random series of flashes and strobes as it rotates and these didnt do that (a constant level of light was what i saw as it arced off into the horizon and got drowned out by the towns light pollution)...

Wont say its a UFO, but wont dismiss it either.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have seen this. Word for word.

Only difference during my experience, was that I saw just one "star", silently cutting a beeline right across the countryside night sky. Immediately noticing its unusualy fast trajectory, I was ready to dismiss it as a satellite, or shuttle, ( especially because I was living in the country in Kansas, and since there were no city lights near me, a clear night would yield 5000 stars. I constantly am scanning every side of the sky in a 360 fashion another I dont miss a thing if it happens. And it did...
Shortly after spotting the first solid "star", I was casting my gaze around me once again and I immediately spotTed another star heading right for #1 from the other horizon. Now im still thinking fruitful encounter of satellite and plane highways.
Until I instantly saw star 3, 4, 5, 6 , & 7 also reveal their approach towards the same spot from all directions.
A breath before collision
Throughout the course of 6 months I had spent a minimum of 4-6 hours each night observing stars.

I'm a seasoned explorer of the skies and, was ready to dedicate some time to looking up much more often. (Since I also believe we are being programmed not to look up after age 15, I felt an even more intense desire to make it a new hobby, and be the best at it. a reply to: ArgentumAquila

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theXman

Again I will ask this with claims like yours seeing objects over a long period of time why do people not make an effort to film it ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have seen something definitely alike today. I was looking at the Orion constellation and then saw a big group of stars moving. It had a shape of a long starship. The stars were small but light blueish colour and there were two red in the middle. It looked firstly like a Milky Way moving and thought my head was spinning. But I was with my boyfriend's mother and she saw it too.
It was moving slowly like a passing cloud and then it changed a shape to a huge Kite and drifted slowly away.
That was very interesting and looked beautiful and majestic.

edit on 6-2-2016 by Sunviews13 because: Made mistakes

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArgentumAquila
Yes, it was definitely some weirdo S/5 shape.

I'm in the suburbs. Just like 30-45 minutes north of Minneapolis, MN. So I live in the suburbs, but I'm really close to the big cities.

Thank you, Staroth, for the links. Did you see moving stars that moved as one unit?

Robbystarbuck, it's good to know you've seen them too!

I'm in Minnesota about 20 30 min south of the airport I didn't see anything recently but have seen strange thing in our skies.
Im gonna keep my eyes on the skies, hopefully I can see what you saw. It would be interesting to see how it moved through the sky.

Peace

top topics

join