It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we exist before becoming human?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have been meaning to make a thread on this for a while.

But as it is relevant, I have been to the place we go when we die - at least once maybe twice.

I believe once from a drug overdose, and I had stopped breathing - and once by even more controversial means (on this site anyway).

Put it this way, I found it hilarious - I realised where I was, I realised instantly that everything made sense and in fact I knew everything ,

And I didn't half chuckle to myselfn(or ourself
) as I realised the joke was on me (or us) as I had believed so ferociously that my life and reality was real, and had got so caught up in every little detail - and it wasn't even real, it is as real as a life on a computer game!

Imagine how funny that is when the realisation hits, this is what I felt.

And this is why you should never be scared, no matter how bad things seems to get - when you awaken you will remember choosing to experience every last event and action undertaken in this "life".

And with the passing of time, science is seemingly confirming that our reality is an artificial construct, and not only that - but our consciousness is central to its operating.

What an amazing mystery

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

Did who exist before becoming human?

I haven't met any humans on this planet as of yet (or known them to exist here except a long time ago, besides the visitors) - a lot of half-animals and other odd creatures, perhaps even demons on two legs.

So unless the "we" you refer to, is the rare exception, I'd say that when the 'we' becomes human, ask again. Until these half-animals become human, the question is invalid. It's like asking did ice exist before it melted, when it hasn't even begun melting yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

The humanity that you're referring to is a fantasy and has never existed.

It's a pipe dream... People like to think that humaneness is a quality of being human... and confuse humanity with a creature that is innately humane... wrong...

humans by nature are shallow, selfish hateful creatures and yes we ARE human...

This isn't as bad a thing as you would think at first glance though...

Remember, we are here as humans in order to experience the self. Being selfish is an innate part of that. Our goal in life should be to strive for the human-ness that you are referring to as that is part of preparing to become a part of the conglomerate consciousness again...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I study a book call the Urantia Book. It's a book about God, the Universe and our place in it. It is a fascinating book that makes you realize that there is more to the universe and what we call God than we could have ever imagined. To get on the subject you posted, they explain that God exists on, for lack of a better term, pre-personal, personal and super-personal levels. What gives us the potential to have eternal life is the union of our souls with a pre-personal fragment of God.

This pre-personal fragment indwells our minds and seeks eternal union, becoming one. This fragment is eternal and has indwelt minds of other mortal beings on other planets over the ages, but it has not been able to become one with them. It has been able to keep the experience though as part of its mind. I believe that these are the past lives some people are able to envision.

Our personality (identity) is unique, one of a kind. Like a snowflake, no two are alike. So you, me and everyone born into the world are new, so to speak. We have not existed before, but our pre-personal fragment of God has experienced life before through the life of some mortal on some distant planet.

Here are a couple links to the information I mentioned:

(www.urantia.org...)

(www.urantia.org...)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Your thought process has a major setback.

Jesus died on the cross for mankind. If we get to keep coming back...reincarnation...(what a joke) ..... then there would be no reason for Jesus to come and give up his life would there?

Lol...yea, re-incarnation is a joke...any rational person would think there was a guy who lived 2,000 years ago who was brutally killed, but by 'believing in him' we can have our sins wiped away, and go to heaven, as opposed to those who don't believe in him who are tortured for eternity...I mean, that's just pure logic, you'd have to be a real nutjob to believe in something like reincarnation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think i just reincarnated reading all that, sorry bad joke, no we are appointed one life that's it. What comes next well as they say find your own salvation with fear and trembling. peace

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Remember this, the word of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17I do the things i don't want to do, I dont do the things i should do its called sin.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Rumi's Beautiful Poem on Evolution

Low in the earth
I lived in realms of ore and stone;
And then I smiled in many flowers;
Them roving with the wild and wandering hours,
O'er earth and air and ocean's zone,
In a new birth,
I dived and flew,
And crept and ran,
And all the secret of my essence drew
Within a form that brought them all to view-
And lo, a Man!
And then my goal.
Beyond the clouds, beyond the sky,
In realms where none may change or die-
In angel form; and then away
Beyond the bounds of night and day,
And Life and Death, unseen or seen,
Where all that is hath ever been,
As One and Whole.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Will have to get back to you on this thread, thanks for the link on the free PDFs. I have been reading them, since I find it quite fascinating. Myself, I have easily accomplished lucid dreaming. Only had one out of body experience...though I thought of that as more astral projection. I will keep reading and perhaps understand more on where you are coming from.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have a lot of problems with past-life and pre-life memories. In particular because I have none.

It just makes no sense to me why anyone would come to this planet full of violent hateful people and a mother nature that is equally cold and uncaring towards its subjects. How is it that anyone could "learn" in this environment and with no instructions to go by?

Reincarnating without remembering anything over and over again for a possible infinite amount of times seems like some type of hell to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very well written explanation. Experiences out of the body or within the body both feel so real that it's hard to realize that despite the changing experience's that one pure awareness, that -you- that has witnessed both out of body and earthly experiences, has always remained unchanged and everlasting. It cannot perish or be tarnished, it is the same awareness that resides behind all of life's operating organisms.

This awareness is what is aware that you slept, aware that you've been awake, aware that you've dreamed or not, always constantly and consistently aware of everything we experience, the true "I" that people are more inclined to believe is their body. I believe that is the awareness that all religions have been based upon. If the conditions that are necessary meet the natural laws of life'a requirements (two living beings reproduce or a seed is planted and watered) then that ever-pervading awareness enters it's being and intelligently animates it to function according to its capabilities of survival whether it's a bird body, plant body, or human body.
edit on 7-9-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

In another lifetime I was some guy, I lived in a cabin with a woman and some kids, I died when old of a fever after my woman left the world.

In another lifetime I was a warrior, been in some pretty famous battles and wars, I latter died with a axe in my head.

I even repeated that and also died by different weapons, my favorite was the spear.

In another lifetime I was even a known famous general, it was an alright life. I ate many grapes, for some reason they were more delicious then then they are now.

In another lifetime I was an architect in some pre historical city, I rarely remember it now as I am so different in mental makeup from then, but it was an alright life, I think I died when I fell off a cliff trying to prove something or get at something.

I was even a cavemen at the dawn of some primitive history, it was a swell life, I would hunt half the day, build the rest, then get it on in the evening and night. Those were the days let me tell you.

I was even a female in some of my past lifetimes and incarnations both in this world and others, and those were weird times let me tell you, or at least looking at it from this perspective.

In another lifetime in this world I was a baby, was born for about some months. Then my parents took me home, then there was a fire, let me tell you bro, dying by fire is no fun, no-mater what anybody says.

In another lifetime in another place and time I was this weird squid thing, the was no sky as this world was compromised of water and something like frozen liquid nitrogen, there were even cities though they were not made of stone or metal but biological material, in fact they were alive and grew, in itself I think we were some sort of symbiont to it as it traveled the vast oceans of that world like vast underwater battleship and we were its fighter jets.

In another lifetime I was a rock, I was formed in the lakebed of a volcano, the seasons came and went, then the eons came and went, eventually that lakebed became a lake, then a small sea, then I disappeared.

In another lifetime on another planet or universe I was one of these bizarre creatures, we lived in a world of pure fright and instinct, there was something like what you would call a sun in the sky, but it was not really a sun it gave off a greenish light. At night we would forage and hunt, during the day we would skulk in the shadows or in the earth avoiding the light as much as possible, and whenever we stood in the light to long we would be consumed.

In another lifetime I was a green mass of energy, I was the center of a solar system, I was sentient but only in the way of primitive feelings and thoughts, I mostly feed and keep going, floating from system to system ever on. Literally a force of nature my light would consume and vaporize entire planets and its inhabitants. Eventually after a few hundred billion years I ran out of matter to consume, then I became no more then another faded glint in the void, till I eventually became no more.

In another lifetime I was a squirrel, I would do squirrel things, my squirrel brain would not know anything else, and yes I would hide nuts, I was pretty darn good at it. But then like all squirrel my time ended when I grew old and slow and my time came to a squirrels end.

In another lifetime were up was down, and down was up, and turning sideways would make you slip through time, and to travel forward you had to go back, but to go back you had to stay still, but to stay still meant the end. Well lets just say I was completely lost, so completely lost that I eventually ended up back here.

In another lifetime...Well enough of that.

But ya I get what you talking about, I even know the felling and the place were we come into this place, though it can be interpreted and filtered through so many eyes and perceptions, but its all the same thing. And yes ultimately we do choose to come here. I am pretty sure I chose to be here, to the better of my judgement because I am pretty sure I really did not want to be here. I even get the whole interpretation and how the worlds of dreams and this world are linked, its like reading the back cover of a book before you open the book. But came anyways. I think in some ways were here to learn how to be less stupid or learn period, one of the lessons seem to be on how to not to come back here. But hey were all one and its all ever evolving, the thing people call that soul that is, and ever evolving matrix of souls....The only question is? If we can choose all of these things, why would we choose to be a few months old baby that is born only to die? Things look different from the other side dont they.

But anyways, people forgot the story of the egg it seems, generally somebody usually posts it by now on such threads. And its a good story at that, if nobody has not read it yet, they should.
The Egg

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join