It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists have now successfully demonstrated technological telepathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The subject of telepathy has always intrigued me. It's nice to see it being confirmed through scientific data.

While I believe and know we have the ability to tap into that naturally, why not speed up the evolutionary process a bit.

“We wanted to find out if one could communicate directly between two people by reading out the brain activity from one person and injecting brain activity into the second person, and do so across great physical distances by leveraging existing communication pathways,” explains coauthor Alvaro Pascual-Leone, MD, PhD, Director of the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. “One such pathway is, of course, the internet, so our question became, ‘Could we develop an experiment that would bypass the talking or typing part of internet and establish direct brain-to-brain communication between subjects located far away from each other in India and France?’”

Direct brain-to-brain communication in human subjects -- ScienceDaily
edit on 4-9-2014 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

Great news. Hook this thing on receivers motoric cortex, and we got a pawn to a master.

Husbands will be cleaning the house, doing laundry and knitting the sweaters. And all what wives need to do is to think about it.
And this, my dear friends, is the key to a succesfull marriage.

There of course is an alternative way of coupling the same thing. But how that arrangement would perform - equally succesfull for marriages - just cannot be expressed out in the public space.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Is no one else extremely worried about having other people hear your thoughts? My thoughts are my own I don't want them broadcast to others, besides I got personal stuff up in there. Not to mention the number of random thoughts I have and nasty things I say in my head you don't wanna know.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Of course this wont be used for anything other then communicating with your friends and family.

Nobody will try to infringe on your PRIVACY, has anyone thus far? *ahem*

There are no known natural telepathic phenomena. My take is, if it ain't in nature then it shouldn't be.

The sad part:

Millions will flock to this technology just looking at the positive and neglecting the negative. War will profit from this.

Yup, I look at the negative sides first, because I rather prevent then heal, it is simpler.

I don't need telepathy, we have mouths and voices and cellphones. It is not about having what you want but rather wanting what you have.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think it can be done...

Of course I'm biased as a Schizophrenic...

That aside I still always wondered how people communicated over large distances millennia ago...
In an emergency of course!

In aware people used to send pigeons or people on horseback to relay messages...
But I was thinking in do or die situations!
A 3 week wait for homing pigeons of stallion rider would be pointless!

Maybe it's long forgotten...
Or hidden for the elite...

I think it's one of the 33rd Degree lessons along with other valuable info that can be harmful in the wrong hands!

That could just be the Schizophrenia talking

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok. I'm not going to look down on people who rap aluminum foil around their heads anymore. Fascinating research.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If everyone is telepathic, then no more secrets.

Kinda hard to ramp up a war then, huh?

There is a great scene in the book 'Interview with an Alien' wherein the alien makes note of the fact that the generals are all scared of her, because they know she knows what they are thinking and planning.

The implications of it are fascinating.

I've maintained that the internet is electronic telepathy, connecting everyone on the planet together and allowing information to pass at electronic speed everywhere. The problem may come in where 'thoughts' are interspersed into the general meme that aren't real but are psy-ops; we have that now, but we're wising up to it. It's called everything from 'commercials' to 'propaganda'.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All welcome in minority report!

People are already being monitored for what amounts to "thought crime"

Gonna be a great world we live in when peoples thoughts are being scanned for future crime!

"Omg I could strangle you right now". Bam conspiracy to commit murder

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This tech is finally being just announced? they have had this for years already in black programs. The break away civilization who is from earth btw in orbit have already perfected this stuff. its pretty funny how we get tech upgrades that have been around for 20 trs already as brand new.

join