It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esoteric Meaning in Music - Panic! At the Disco - Gospel for the Fallen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Sure, why not? Christians get to interpret the bible to fit their view all the time, why can't I do the same with music?

No one is forcing you to agree with me so why the snarkiness? Stop being so defensive, it only highlights your insecurities.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sure, why not? Christians get to interpret the bible to fit their view all the time, why can't I do the same with music?

No one is forcing you to agree with me so why the snarkiness? Stop being so defensive, it only highlights your insecurities.

OK have it your way.

Only you and him can take sexual euphemism and make something special out of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hint, not all flavors of Christianity are the same. Bart Erhman went over this in his book, Lost Christianities.

What will really blow your mind, is when you realize most of these songs are the Universe signing to one person.

And he, is listening.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's a very sexually charged song, that doesn't mean the sexual euphemism doesn't have a spiritual meaning as well.

If you only look at the surface then you're selling yourself short. Besides, how does that one line from one song somehow define their entire library of music? Seems like you're looking for reasons to discount them.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe your preconceived notions are blinding you to it? Either that or they were singing to a handkerchief or something by calling it a cloth.

Backdoor man could be a reference to the Spirit or what's behind (the back of) what can be seen. The physical world is the front door, the Spirit is the backdoor, what's in between is the observer. Spirit (backdoor/behind the image) is the Father or "man" of the house with a front and back door.

We are "Spirit"ual beings having a physical experience. To come in through the back door could represent the Spirit coming into the body at conception in the womb.

I wouldn't expect you to understand though. In your opinion Jesus' parable were meant to taken literally? Or were they symbolism for a greater truth? If they were symbolism or metaphor then you have set a double standard.

Amazing.

Backdoor man is a sexual euphemism for a certain sexual position. I am shocked that you would try to interpret that in such a spiritual manner to make it look like some type of godhood that Led Zeppelin was trying to extoll. Amazing.

Seriously, you just said that backdoor man was about Jesus? Really?

"In southern culture, the phrase "back-door man" refers to a man having an affair with a married woman, using the back door as an exit before the husband comes home." Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Hint, not all flavors of Christianity are the same. Bart Erhman went over this in his book, Lost Christianities.

What will really blow your mind, is when you realize most of these songs are the Universe signing to one person.

And he, is listening.

That's a fantastic way to view this. The universe singing to the Son. Interesting. Not just songs, but all of our experiences here are telling a story.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

This Train song is another example. Who is he asking for? Who is here? What words? Etc. :-)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Train started out on a Christian label that then folded. They have very Christian leaning lyrics. I like that song.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We all live in a yellow submarine.

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board
Many more of them live next door
And the band begins to play

[Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker, full speed ahead!
Full speed over here, sir!
Action station! Action station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aye, aye, sir, fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heaven! Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we live a life of ease (A life of ease)
Everyone of us (Everyone of us) has all we need (Has all we need)
Sky of blue (Sky of blue) and sea of green (Sea of green)
In our yellow (In our yellow) submarine (Submarine, ha, ha)

The only way to the father is thru the son/sun
edit on 4-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Esoteric Meaning in Music …Here’s my top 5…

Natural Mystic – Bob Marley

Solsbury Hill – Peter Gabriel

Heavens Here on Earth – Tracy Chapman

Spirit – John Denver

Silent Running – Mike & the Mechanics

I’m sure there are many many more…

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join