It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin to Tina Fey "“You need to at least pay for my kids’ braces"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Fylgje
Sara Palin has more class than Trash Fey will ever have. I think the main reason Fey hates Palin is because Palin is an independent country girl. If you want to see people who hate country folk, then go to NY. It is rampant.

Tina Fey is racist trash. Remember that skit she ran on SNL for years called: Appalachian Hospital? They ran mountaineers into the ground. SNL hasn't been funny for decades. Tina Fey is an untalented loser on her best day.

An independent country girl? Do you think perhaps you might be buying into her folksy persona? Sarah Palin is worth about $12 million and has been raking in about a million a year being an untalented dimwit since she gave up on being Governor of Alaska. At least Tina Fey can remember her lines — Sarah Palin can't even do that.

Honestly, I don't wish her any ill will, I just wish she'd go away and I'd guess that a large number of conservatives feel the same way.

so palin is rich and tina is not? so tina is better?

i think tina fey is an undocumented worker.

what kind of name is fey, anyway?

feyamazuki or something. she has a huge ass too.

lol!!

she does, they rarely show it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953
a reply to: Fylgje

Sorry most people who don't like Palin dislike her because she makes the average fast food cashier look like Stephen Hawking in comparison.

Also, you do realize that "country folk" aren't a separate race right?

If you don't no wonder you think Palin is great.

Personally I like my politicians to have more brain power than an orange.

and you just downgraded yourself to an onion.

you DO know you couldn't grow an orange if your life depended on it.

and no, country folk aren't a separate race.

progressive libs are gettin there, tho.

evoluuuution in moooootion. soon you people will be turnips.

then sarah will put you in a soup with a hunk of moooooooooooooooose.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
At first I thought Tina was way over the top. And then I watched the actual Palin interview in the second half of the vid and it makes sense that she might need help paying for braces soon.

Now I'm more confused than ever. lol

Remember this?

"If I ran into Tina Fey again today, I would say: “You need to at least pay for my kids’ braces or something from all the money that you made off of pretending that you’re me! My goodness, you capitalized on that! Can’t you contribute a little bit? Jeez!”
Read more at www.washingtonpost.com... ig-deal/

No sense of humor whatsoever. I wonder if she can still see Russia from her house? lol

Peace

palin and bush in 2016!

GW Bush!

better than hill n' bill.

love to see a face to face, beauty and the beast.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

You people huh?

I, in no way, shape or form stated what my political affiliation is. Disliking Palin doesn't automatically make anyone a progressive lib, there are plenty of people from both sides of the aisle who dislike her. The reason for that is simple, she is unintelligent, politics don't even need to come in to play. I don't care if she is espousing her plan to make the US a utopian society, if she can't consistently string coherent sentences together then there really isn't a point to listening to what she has to say.

Of course I know how to grow an orange I'm a Florida native. I don't think there has been a time in my life when there weren't oranges or some other type of citrus growing in the yard.

BTW I'm a militant moderate who doesn't appreciate people demonizing or taking cheap shots at either party as it is counterproductive and childish. However I don't see anything wrong with picking on someone who would be more suited to being a greeter at Walmart than governing a state or commenting on politics. Palin needs to go away, period.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Funny thing about Palin...

I visit multiple message boards on a regular basis... when Sarah Palin is brought up most of the time its by people that hate her, then a dog pile of people comment about how they wish she would go away... this inevitably leads to someone blaming conservatives, or republicans.

If people would stop commenting on her, or would just change the channel when she comes on Fox.. she would stop showing up eventually.

I don't care about her either way really, its just amusing that its mostly the people that hate her that keep her in the lime light.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The worst part about this is, it is Sarah Palin making light of it in her own way, which obviously lacks any real punch of funny.

It is the most non-story of all non-stories. Unless we just want to form a circle and kick old Sarah Palin some more before 2016 rolls around

Which is kind of awkward, honestly. Does someone really consider this clown enough of a threat that they have to start running smear stories about non stories?

There. Now i feel dirty for having to defend Sarah Palin.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: jude11
No sense of humor whatsoever.

She was making a joke.
Who doesn't have a sense of humor?

I wonder if she can still see Russia from her house? lol

Palin never said that. That line was part of a Tina Fey anti-Palin skit.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: NthOther
Pssst. If you ignore her, she'll finally go away.

Seriously true. She's not qualified to do much of anything in politics so she invented a schtick that has captured a certain segment of the population. That being said .. the truth is that she never did say that she could see Alaska from her back yard. If we are going to hit her up for things, they should at least be true.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953
Nowhere did I say that country folk are a different race. Fey disparaged a whole group of people many times, many ways. Maybe not racist, but definitely discriminatory. Could you imagine if people in the Appalachia's made fun of her Jewish ancestory? Jewish isn't a race either, is it? So can I make fun of her?(rhetorical) But I'm a "comedian"!!!

Palin has to have some smarts to get where she is. Now as far as common sense goes, she may be lacking there, but I don't think she's unintelligent. And I'm not even a Palin fan. I only thought it was funny because she shook the stiff elitists up a little bit. She is every bit as qualified as a president as Barrack Hussein Obama. I think Palin tried to appeal more to regular people but it backfired on her because she is just another rich elitist.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

originally posted by: Fylgje
Sara Palin has more class than Trash Fey will ever have.

That statement leads me to believe that you are the last person who should be judging "class." What really blows my mind is that your post actually got stars.

Ad hominem.
Some people have differing opinions. Some other people agree with those differing opinions. That is how I gots me some stars!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying your point of view.

I don't necessarily blame Fey for poking fun at Appalachian people, I tend to blame society for making it acceptable to make blanket generalizations of ANY group of people. Doesn't mean she was right, just that it seems to be a symptom of a bigger problem in how we treat each other in this country. I don't think Fey is an "untalented loser" either, but you're free to think that & you are correct that it has been a long time since SNL was worth a damn.

Obama has done a craptacular job since he's been in office but I don't think she's nearly as qualified as Obama for the position. I maintain my position that she isn't very bright.

Just the same, thanks for the response. I like any time I can understand another member better as an individual.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We don't really want her to go away. She's the trojan jackass of the Republican Party. We want Republicans to finally see through her crap and realize that they are being had by a bunch of rich cynics who have zero respect for them.

Now if only the Dems equally patronizing... The Clinton 2008 Campaign got close, but there was still a thin layer of intelligence to her lipservice. I think to really give Palin her opposite number on the left you'd have to have someone like John Kerry "running full bore on the mescaline ticket" as Hunter S Thompson said of his freak power movement.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh please, she put herself out there and lost. Now she obviously tries milk every dollar she can get from her self destruction that she can wring out of it. Enough people have sacrificed their dignity in supporting her lunacy already. Pleeeaze.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So, since this non-story is seriously not a story and since the only interest I have in being in this thread was/is for entertainment purposes (to watch some of you fight amongst each other).....I have to ask it..

Fey disparaged a whole group of people many times, many ways. Maybe not racist, but definitely discriminatory.

Not really a Fey fan....just because I'm not really a SNL fan, but since I AM a native of Appalachia, currently reside in southwest VA (that's DEEP in the Appalachian mountains, ftr) does it make me some sort of "race traitor" (not really a "race" but since you went there, hey...fair game and all) that I have laughed at some of that comedy and other comedy that pokes fun at "hillbillies"?

I'm about as country as they come.
You know, some of us can and DO laugh at ourselves....and, believe it or not, we also often laugh at outsiders who poke fun at some of the stuff that typical "hillbillies" do.

My point? You're losing your leg to stand with this argument about her "disparaging a whole group of people".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll bite on the country folk racism thing too.

Lets just grant, for the sake of argument, that country folk are a different race. That doesn't quite seem accurate to me, but it doesn't seem that far off either. (and considering my bloodlines and the transition my hometown went through during my childhood, I'm some kind of mixture so I have some idea what I'm talking about and I've also got my racial bonafides to pick on either side, which may happen if this conversation goes on very long)

Granting that for the moment, if Tina Fey doing Appalachia is the white on white version of a blackface faux pas for the sake of comedy, then Sarah Palin acting all folksy is like wearing blackface to get a scholarship from the UNCF. They're both about as country as a fiat with a john deer bumper sticker, but only one of them expects you to believe that'll haul a horse trailer.

We're talking about a woman who as a new small town mayor demanded that the librarian offer a letter of resignation as a "loyalty test". But she can squeak out all right phrases like Jessica Simpson playing Daisy Duke and that is enough to pass muster on TV, where you can't actually smell the difference between shinola and that other substance which it is important to distinguish from shinola.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Well said!

They're both about as country as a fiat with a john deer bumper sticker, but only one of them expects you to believe that'll haul a horse trailer.

LOL.....it's all I have to say about that. Truth is often humorous.

I'll tell you what is wild though. Here in Appalachia, not a few miles from me is a guy who I added to my fb because he is the hardcore tea party type and a family friend (not sure why, to be honest..lol).....anyways, this guy would often post about how he would vote for her as president, if she ran. He was serious! THAT is the crazy part.
He would often speak about how "intelligent" she was....yeah, his words!
Of course, this is a guy that posts basically anything and everything that TPNN publishes....so. But yeah, just thought I would throw that out there because I was thinking it and was tired of messing with whoever it was that claimed that Fey was "racist" because she pokes fun at "country folk".

P.S. You might be onto something about that "almost a different" race deal.
When I was very young, this area I live in was very isolated. (I'm only 30 so it wasn't that long ago).....it has changed a LOT. I too feel that I have "mixed" race blood (or whatever we are calling it) from "both worlds".......I'd say that, while not a different "race", us country folk are a different breed....that is a certainty in my mind.

.......guess who will be more apt to survive a SHTF situation? Us "country hillbillies" or those city folk from the likes of NY, Chi-town, and many others? Take a WILD guess......LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Yeah that is something I ended up snipping out of my last post actually to keep it brief. I think that there is no missing the fact that the country and urban lines of this species are evolutionary competitors at this point- there are two very different survival strategies at work here, definitely in behavior and arguably in diet and physical development- the circumstances that would make either one thrive in the long run would be detrimental to the other. All it would take is the isolation of the gene pools to give you two radically different species of humans (though it might be a while before intermixing became impossible, which is often used as a dividing line between species, although it's not a hard and fast rule since you can still breed domestic dogs with jackals, just for example).

I think that's what makes it so sinister that our politicians are pretty much exclusively of the urban breed, yet so many of them pretend to be country and ge away with it. It's like a shark claiming to represent the interests of tuna. Ultimately the urban politicians only see the rural areas as a source of food and raw materials- anything that happens to the people there that doesn't cause them to stop fulfilling their function in the national machinery is just fine with politicians.

Watch for stunning examples of Palin's brand of infiltrator when they start pushing harder to split California into six states. There will be pot smoking vegan ivy league psuedohippies in the employ of Monsanto up North promising drug and sexual freedom and no more tax drain from the big cities if they will just agree to be thrown overboard with part of the debt and keep sending part of their water South. There will also be blonde "latino" celebrities pitching a path to Atzlan in LA at the same time that cowboyhatted Joe Apraio wannabes are promising guns, tough border policy, and unrestricted offroading in the Mojave, but they'll both be bankrolled by the proposed state of Malibu-chussetts to take away LA's water to make the foothills safe for country clubs, drive out the poor and the brown, and turn the mojave into a patchwork of garbage dumps and solar energy fields.

And people are so isolated that they only know what their neighbors look like from TV, so they'll fall for it and give away their homes to outside interests.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

What an outstanding post.

I read an article on articulation a while back, and it talked about how Obama likes to use the word "folks" to reference people.

My community is interesting, and unique in the area, because of its demographics: 48% white, 48% latin, and 4% other. That 4% is split asian, indian, and black. I don't know if folks here just aren't racist, or if there isn't enough minorities to really bring out that racism.

ETA: "indian" as in asian indian. Not Amerind. "Native Americans" in the area identify as "Mexican" instead of "Indian".
edit on 9/6/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've noticed that about Obama. I swear if you read his lips he's saying "you people" but somehow ventriloquisting into what he knows he is supposed to say. He's a hell of a chameleon too actually, arguably in the running to be Palin's opposite number on the left like I talked about earlier.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
Yeah, I'll bite on the country folk racism thing too.

Lets just grant, for the sake of argument, that country folk are a different race. That doesn't quite seem accurate to me, but it doesn't seem that far off either. (and considering my bloodlines and the transition my hometown went through during my childhood, I'm some kind of mixture so I have some idea what I'm talking about and I've also got my racial bonafides to pick on either side, which may happen if this conversation goes on very long)

Granting that for the moment, if Tina Fey doing Appalachia is the white on white version of a blackface faux pas for the sake of comedy, then Sarah Palin acting all folksy is like wearing blackface to get a scholarship from the UNCF. They're both about as country as a fiat with a john deer bumper sticker, but only one of them expects you to believe that'll haul a horse trailer.

We're talking about a woman who as a new small town mayor demanded that the librarian offer a letter of resignation as a "loyalty test". But she can squeak out all right phrases like Jessica Simpson playing Daisy Duke and that is enough to pass muster on TV, where you can't actually smell the difference between shinola and that other substance which it is important to distinguish from shinola.

I think we have to distinguish the Difference between RACE and CULTURE here.

Race being a group of persons related by common descent or heredity and Culture having inherited ideas, beliefs, values, and knowledge, which constitute the shared basis of social action.

Country folk could be classified as a culture but in no way as a race.

Just IMHO

Peace

edit on 6-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join