It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Greetings and Salutations- I'd bet that Pastor Robby either glosses over or omits altogether the part in Leviticus about the pigskin?? Especially now that 3/4 of 'His Flock of Sheople" will be catching the "early show" prior to rushing home and watching that other entity that doesn't pay taxes, the NFL™ 5/8 of the aforementioned 3/4 will have bet $$ on the game, drink to the point of intoxication; lust after the women in the beer ads and 1/8 will have lost their bets and then come home and "beat their wife" I'm betting (I just jumped on the sword...) that Robby left that part out...

These folks I just typed about will then go to work on Monday hungover, and then go home and do it again..

Have You been sickened by "L.A. Preachers™" Watch that and see some real winners.. Why anyone would get their "God" 'used' or 'second handed' is beyond Me.. Why listen to a Preacher who is wearing a $35k watch, living in a $3M mansion on His 3rd marriage, 12 cars, 8 Security Personnel yet has the BALLS to cash a check from a little old Lady who hasn't a pot to piss in....

I think My tummy turns the most when "they" determine who is going to Heaven.. But that would explain how they're able to afford ALL these 'things/items' They're relieving St. Peter at 'The Gate' and because Pete is a Senior member of the team, it must pay well???

Religion™ is for people afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for people who've already been...

I've often wondered... These 'fanatics' obviously have the ability to 'change the rule book' (The Bible™) and have done so to suit their needs from eating meat to slavery to ??? Why not change the part about homosexuality? Remember divorce and You're out? Now they sign the papers on a Friday at the Bar, eating hamburgers... I'd opine this deep seeded hatred stems from His latency?? Hey Sig, do a keester check w/a BIG digit... It might be that most of these folks detest anal sex because they know nothing will fit with their head already "up there"..

Its just another "Money Grab"!!! How do I know? It has a Religion™ connection. God is FREE and She LOVES everyone..

Signed,
Kinda Glad I didn't grow up near this guy, Pastor Robby- Hey Crook!! Get a real job, one that pays taxes!!! If just religion™ paid their taxes then the $18B-$20B we send to "this Guys" bosses, wouldn't be such a shot...

Boo to Him.

Yea for You.

namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: beezzer

It's nice to see you not disavow these people as "true" Christians like most gay hating Christian like to do.

Unlike some, I refuse to tell people what to believe.

Well, I don't!!

Believe in the dignity of others
Believe in the phrase...Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
Lighten up and wear your sunscreen!!

And believe this....

Hatred is corrosive of a person's wisdom and conscience; the mentality of enmity can poison a nation's spirit, instigate brutal life and death struggles, destroy a society's tolerance and humanity, and block a nation's progress to freedom and democracy.
Liu Xiaobo

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Believe whatever you want.

Call yourself whatever you wish.

This is the argument I had with other Christians about gay marriage.

They (gay folks) can call it marriage all day long. I don't care. It doesn't define what MY marriage is.

So in the end, who effing cares?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Someone above tries to suggest that Christian churches are on the front lines of marriage equality and are supportive of gays, lesbians, et. al., rather than calling for their deaths ...

Sounds like a good list of folks right?

Sadly, those good folks above are in the extreme minority ... in fact, those "tolerant" denominations account for, at the most 6-8% of Christians in America. (Based on the Wikipedia Entry: Christianity in the United States)

Let's look at the stances of some of the more populous groups for a fair comparison, eh?

Baptists, 25.3% of American Christians, from the Position Statement of the Southern Baptist Convention (90% of American Baptists):

We affirm God's plan for marriage and sexual intimacy – one man, and one woman, for life. Homosexuality is not a "valid alternative lifestyle." The Bible condemns it as sin. It is not, however, unforgivable sin. The same redemption available to all sinners is available to homosexuals. They, too, may become new creations in Christ.

Here's another real gem from the Southern Baptists (SBC.net "Resolutions"

Resolution On Homosexuality
San Antonio, Texas - 1988 (still current policy)

WHEREAS, The erosion of moral sanity continues to be a major problem of modern society; and

WHEREAS, Homosexuality has become the chosen lifestyle of many in this moral decline; and

WHEREAS, The Bible is very clear in its teaching that homosexuality is a manifestation of a depraved nature; and

WHEREAS, This deviant behavior has wrought havoc in the lives of millions; and

WHEREAS, Homosexuals are justified and even glorified in our secular media; and

WHEREAS, Homosexual activity is the primary cause of the introduction and spread of AIDS in the United States which has not only affected those of the homosexual community, but also many innocent victims.

Therefore be it RESOLVED, That we, the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention, meeting in San Antonio, Texas, June 14-16, 1988, deplore homosexuality as a perversion of divine standards and as a violation of nature and natural affections; and

Be it further RESOLVED, That we affirm the biblical injunction which declares homosexuals, like all sinners, can receive forgiveness and victory through personal faith in Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 6:9-11); and

Be it finally RESOLVED, That we maintain that while God loves the homosexual and offers salvation, homosexuality is not a normal lifestyle and is an abomination in the eyes of God (Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:24-28; 1 Timothy 1:8-10).

How about the Pentecostals (Assemblies of God), who represent the next highest group at 8.9%? From their beliefs section on "Homosexual Conduct"

Clearly the Bible states homosexual practice is sin. Scriptures which denounce homosexuality are found in both the Old and New Testaments. Advocates of homosexuality often attempt to rationalize, reinterpret, and explain away key biblical truths to justify their acts. Such abuse of inspired Scripture is wrong. Along with the passages that clearly describe homosexual conduct as sin (see below), the Bible speaks repeatedly about God’s divinely ordained plan of heterosexual relationships and marriage.

Yeah, not so warm and fuzzy either, eh?

Sadly, the Christians who accept equality or even tolerace are in the very slim minority in the US.
edit on 14Wed, 03 Sep 2014 14:31:43 -050014p022014966 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So do we just kill ALL the Christians? (and let God sort 'em out?)

Or do the Christians that believe that it is none of their damned (pun) business, attempt to teach our wayward breatheren?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am against extremism in all forms Beezzer.

I am all in favor of any Christian anywhere who stands up for what's right.

I do appreciate your stated position on the matter, and your attempt to communicate with your "brethren."

However, most American Christians do not support marriage equality nor gay/lesbian/bi/trans equal rights.

That was my comment.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
a reply to: jtma508

Really? Because I've yet to see a crazed pastor behead anyone in the streets.

Ambush abortion clinics, target and kill abortion doctors.

Close enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
and the god who created the universe and everything in it created gays so the Christians would have something to hate.

well, just picture them Christian types who hate gays at the pearly gates
and all those pre deceased persecuted Christian gays just waitin for some fresh meat....

saint peter, he larffs and says to the recently deceased gay hating ( self confessed ) Christian:
come on IN!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Link?

I'll update this post afterwards.
edit on 3-9-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Or do the Christians that believe that it is none of their damned (pun) business, attempt to teach our wayward breatheren?

Oh, I think it's pretty much a given now on ATS, that when talking Christian it's about Fundamentalist Christians trying to force their ideology.

Do we really have to specify this every time we have one of these discussions?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Oh, I think it's pretty much a given now on ATS, that when talking Christian it's about Fundamentalist Christians trying to force their ideology.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I know most don't.

I started a thread here a while back about the subject.

Same thing I do in the real world. One person at a time. Patience. And try to lead by example.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not really.

If you want to bash all Christians, it's well within your rights.

If you want to bash just a certain denomination, that's well within your right as well.

As a Christian, I can only offer up a rebuttal from time to time.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
this pastor has obviously missed the part that goes something like this...

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

A very nice man, who just happened to be a pastor himself, taught me this a few years ago... Actually close to forty years ago...

For man to judge man is to usurp God. ...and that is a large sin in and of itself. Someone might want to speak to this pastor about that...

Some of you might want to rethink your coloring the many for the actions of the vast minority... Sounds remarkably similar in some ways to this pastor... Judging and all.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Speaking the truth about individual Christians is not an attack on Christianity;

Speaking the truth about Christianity is not an attack on individual Christians.

... and can replace Christian and Christianity with any religious group, race, ethnicity, orientation, etc. ... and if we did, the world just might be a bit of a better place.

Best,

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Speaking the truth about individual Christians is not an attack on Christianity;

Speaking the truth about Christianity is not an attack on individual Christians.

... and can replace Christian and Christianity with any religious group, race, ethnicity, orientation, etc. ... and if we did, the world just might be a bit of a better place.

Best,

Attacking Christianity is attacking Christianity.

The truth about Christians or Christianity? Christians can't even unite to determine the truth about Christianity.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

But speaking the truth about Christianity or Christians is NOT an attack, Beezzer, come on!

I could use your same logic to argue that an attack on gays/lesbians/et.al. (and I think repeated calls for execution based on "Christian principles" from many different areas and occasions can be considered a threat) by one Christian is an attack by all of you! An attack is an attack, after all right?

Eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind?

Sheesh!

Apologies to M. Ghandi.
edit on 15Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:02:01 -050014p032014966 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It would be fun to interrupt the preacher mid-sermon and ask him to read from the bible Matthew 7:1-3 (part of the bible your line is from) and see what happens. To bad sermons don't work that way and are mostly just a bunch of people being talked to by a guy in a gaudy robe with no dissenting opinions allowed.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

About the only "truth" that every and all Christians can uniformly agree on is that Jesus is the Son of God.

After that?

pffffft!

All bets are off. (oops, pissed off the Baptists!)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hmmm ... so you guys don't agree on the Virgin Birth, the Resurrection, or the Trinity? Who knew?

There are pages and pages of "Creeds, Credos and What We Believes" that suggest otherwise, Beezzer, not for nothin'.

Apostle's Creed

Basic Christian Beliefs

Comparisons of Christian Denominations Beliefs

edit on 15Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:09:53 -050014p032014966 by Gryphon66 because: Added a few examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join