It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Scientists Prove There is Life After Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

just that one google search SHOULD alert even the most gullible of scientifically illiterate bumpkins that the story is a fake

So you're saying that because he didn't search the "scientist's" name specifically in the one quick google search he did, right before stating that he could not find anything else pertaining to the story and doubted its veracity, but wanted to hear people's thoughts on it anyway, he is an "illiterate bumpkin"? Classy. Maybe you could help all the illiterates by creating a database of "proper" search criteria so that no one else makes such a transgression in the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

im not aware of any records concerning someone who continued to astral project purposefully and functionally after their body expired. in other words continuing to exist in a spiritual capacity as they would have in their fleshly capacity. but without the flesh.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Ahh I was trying to remember that movie name..same plot. The only proof anyone gets is when they are done.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.ebenalexander.com...

Best "Life after death" documented experience I've ever read about.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't see why they would use dimethyltriptamine when they are apparently stopping the heart anyway, the use of this drug would only hinder the true results because it's well known between people that take D.M.T that it induces a near death like experience including feelings of having left the physical body and meeting beings from alternate dimensions, or as McKenna calls them self transforming machine elfs lol.

If this article is being truthful then they are pretty stupid for using this drug whilst at the same time actually inducing temporary death.

Something similar was done by a doctor called Rick Strassman except only dimethyltriptamine was used years ago and he wrote a very interesting book about it called The Spirit Molecule.

From 1990 to 1995 Dr. Rick Strassman conducted DEA-approved clinical research at the University of New Mexico in which he injected sixty volunteers with D MT, one of the most powerful psychedelics known. His detailed account of those sessions is an extraordinarily riveting inquiry into the nature of the human mind and the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. D MT, a plant-derived chemical that is also manufactured by the human brain, consistently produced near-death and mystical experiences. Many volunteers reported convincing encounters with intelligent nonhuman presences, especially “aliens.” Nearly all felt that the sessions were among the most profound experiences of their lives. Strassman’s research connects D MT with the pineal gland, considered by Hindus to be the site of the seventh chakra and by René Descartes to be the seat of the soul. D MT: The Spirit Molecule makes the bold case that D MT, naturally released by the pineal gland, facilitates the soul’s movement in and out of the body and is an integral part of the birth and death experiences, as well as the highest states of meditation and even sexual transcendence. Strassman also believes that alien abduction experiences are brought on by accidental releases of D MT. If used wisely, D MT could trigger a period of remarkable progress in the scientific exploration of the most mystical regions of the human mind and soul. RICK STRASSMAN, M.D., is Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I personally know two people who were clinically dead for more than ten minutes; one of whom was in multi-system organ failure in the ICU and died more than 10 times in a week period...the word "miracle" is actually written in this person's medical records...and both of them were aware the entire time, floating around and watching everything unfold from outside their bodies, and were able to recall everything upon returning to them. I completely believe these people, and so did the medical staff but that does not equate to proof, sadly.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

If this article is being truthful then they are pretty stupid for using this drug whilst at the same time actually inducing temporary death.

Luckily, it's a hoax but you're right...I think whoever wrote this fictional piece must have just pulled whatever impressive-sounding drug names they could out of their ass or something. Or alternatively, they used that particular drug satirically simply because it induces hallucinations that mimic near-death incidents. Either way, there are going to be a lot of people who don't see the disclaimer on their site and will believe this to be a true story.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I personally know two people who were clinically dead for more than ten minutes; one of whom was in multi-system organ failure in the ICU and died more than 10 times in a week period...the word "miracle" is actually written in this person's medical records...and both of them were aware the entire time, floating around and watching everything unfold from outside their bodies, and were able to recall everything upon returning to them. I completely believe these people, and so did the medical staff but that does not equate to proof, sadly.

the fact that your friends are still around tells me there was conceivably some part of their body that retained just enough life to anchor them. im talking about people who have succeeded in "living on" through astral projection even while their body decomposes in a grave somewhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the fact that your friends are still around tells me there was conceivably some part of their body that retained just enough life to anchor them. im talking about people who have succeeded in "living on" through astral projection even while their body decomposes in a grave somewhere.

Ahhhh ok, I see what you're saying then. Thank you for the clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

why are people even worrying about this stuff.

Many of us have lost beloved family members. And every human being is aware they will die. What's not to wonder about?
I know you said "worry about" - but...

you don't even "wonder"?

Aside from the WND satire fact - there ARE actual studies that indicate it is real.

Bunches of threads on it here - check them out for more info to think about!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: jimmyx

a dead person cannot be revived, this to me proves nothing. I'm not buying the "coming back from being dead" part.

Should we take that to mean that you've never heard of cardiac transplant surgery then? The person receiving the organ is clinically dead during the swap, and then brought back to life. How about Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation? Dead people are brought back to life every day with CPR. Where would you get the idea that dead people cannot be revived??

I AGREE. Dead people CAN BE revived and some people DO have memories of watching and hearing other people and getting revived to tell about what those people said when they were pronounced dead. FLAT LINE.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

But that's just silly...brain death would occur after that amount of time.

OK..except in VERY rare cases where the body is super cooled in freezing water and the metabolic functions are greatly slowed down...but that's very rare indeed.

For the average man or woman, 10 minutes dead means they're staying dead...at least brain dead.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

OK..except in VERY rare cases where the body is super cooled in freezing water and the metabolic functions are greatly slowed down...but that's very rare indeed.

For the average man or woman, 10 minutes dead means they're staying dead...at least brain dead.

a reply to: MysterX

Nothing "rare" about it at all, actually. They put people on bypass to stop their heart so they can cut into it and repair it while it's not beating. If the heart doesn't pump the blood, oxygen cannot reach the brain without help...so they provide the help. And these are not ten minute surgeries. This happens every day. Ditto heart transplants. I've personally performed continuous CPR on people working in Emergency medicine and we've brought them back...sometimes well after ten minutes...without any impairment. Brain death occurs in the absence of oxygen, as with every other tissue death, but under controlled conditions such as the one portrayed here, that can be easily circumvented. Simply provide oxygen for the tissue sustenance and brain death does not occur.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

I'm only one person and I agree, each to their own.. But I have asked this question many times just like many others would of also and my personal opinion as harsh as it may seem is no, you do not come back after this life... You should treat this life as your first and last, you should strive to make THIS existence better for the future generations..

I agree that we do need to focus on this life, and what we give back to future generations. Humanity matters and our future matters. I can understand your belief that people do not come back after this life. That kind of insight isn't something which I believe comes from our localized cultural belief systems where we can simply adopt a belief and wear it as our own.

However, I don't agree with that belief as my own personal experience with reality tells me something completely different. That we do indeed exist before we become a human, and we will exist after we complete this sojourn. Due to the subjective qualities of our experience with reality; such insights and ideas are often rendered irrelevant to those without similar points of views. Certain truths simply cannot be passed on in priori writ rather must stem from within through posteriori experiences.

This means, you would need to at least have enough valid personal insight and experience with such a matter whereby you can see that there is something beyond the limits of our physical constraints of which all of us stem from. If not, then all you have is what it seems to be, but not exactly what it is.

Once you are locked in to a life here in Earth, I assure you, coming to such insight is no easy task.

Let's say there is life after death and it is proven that everyone does eventually make a return, well, why wouldn't people focus on making the world they live in right now a better place for their future self somewhere down the track? Everything comes back to right now in your physical self regardless of whether we reincarnate or not.

Which in an idealistic world that would make sense, but unfortunately we are on Earth so based on what one can observe so far, humans are separated by race, religion, ideologies and rage wars over these differences. Many here are full of ego, hate, avarice and selfishness. It's these qualities that cause so much chaos and problems. If you lived as an African, and hated caucasian people... if reincarnation is true you could come back as a caucasian person hating Africans.

In the big picture, it is only yourself that you hate.

If we cannot make things better in the life we have right now, why the hell would anyone want to return to the Sh*thole that is coming somewhere down the track anyway? And trust me, a Sh*thole is coming for future generations.

There won't be much of a future. One only needs to look at the fact we are existing in the Holocene mass extinction era which has greatly accelerated in the last decade thanks to over-population, disasters such as the BP oil spill and Fukushima. Death as it seems, is in the horizon for many generations. The good ol' days are withering away and quality of life is fading. The future is a dark one, the planet won't be able to sustain a large population due to desertification of habitat and pollution. Not to mention the threat of thermal nuclear war is at its highest probability since the cold war.

But then, the world has a long history of violence and problems ranging from pandemics, natural disasters, climate change and wars. Yet here we are still existing within a world with a very doomy reputation. After all, it's seen 5 previous extinction level events. So why come back at all, or even why come here in the first place assuming we existed before this?

What's the point?

edit on 3-9-2014 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What is disturbing, is not, as the article said - "the results of the experiment", but that people would consent to undergo it, and that they would attempt it.

I think testing is ultimately inconclusive as the brain is still alive and in a state where it can be brought back (which is another reason I think it's stupid for anyone to risk their life; and for a scientist to risk another's life).

The only way I can see for the test to be conclusive is to incinerate the body. But then I guess then we can't ask them what happened.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Very interesting! The "proven" part may be a little premature.

From my personal Near Death Experience, I know there is something after we die. There aren't always problems after being revived, it depends on how long you're out for. I was gone a little over a couple minutes and had difficulty with speech for about 2 weeks after the NDE. It was hard to get the words from my brain to my mouth and was stuttering like crazy. It was super frustrating at the time but wasn't permanent, thankfully. I do believe it may have impacted my memories and ability to retain short term memories, but that could easily be because of something else.

After the NDE I have Out of Body Experiences almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. This has also reaffirmed my belief that we are spiritual beings. I am my body but my body is not me, if that makes sense.

If you haven't read The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Stassman, you should. It kind of goes along with the article and that substance which probably occurs naturally in every living thing but is a banned word here.

Nice find S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

im not aware of any records concerning someone who continued to astral project purposefully and functionally after their body expired. in other words continuing to exist in a spiritual capacity as they would have in their fleshly capacity. but without the flesh.

Have you ever had an out-of-body experience? Do you even know what that entails or what you can learn from such an opportunity? Or are you speaking from your lack of such an experience?

Do it a few thousand times then get back to me on if there is more to you than this flesh suit

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

I don't see why they would use dimethyltriptamine when they are apparently stopping the heart anyway, the use of this drug would only hinder the true results because it's well known between people that take D.M.T that it induces a near death like experience including feelings of having left the physical body and meeting beings from alternate dimensions, or as McKenna calls them self transforming machine elfs lol.

That caught my attention too. Recently read The Spirit Molecule and Dr Strassman's theory that '___' is released naturally at birth and death...so how would that impact the results of the study? You'd think they would want to determine if that substance is really released at time of death. It could be they just had an aided '___' experience rather than a natural one.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Seriously, Lysergic acid diethylamide isn't the same as dimethyltryptamine, but you would know how to read if you didn't miss class so often.

Go watch Ferris's day off a few more times, and then kick yourself in the butt for idolizing a self entitled brat.

a reply to: abe froman

# 277

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's interesting, but in order to prove life after death, IMO, contact with the dead would have to be documented long after their body has decomposed. That's really the only way for it to be 100%. The "ghost" would have to prove that they were once alive and now reside wherever they reside. It would have to be some form of documented contact that could be scientifically verifiable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join