It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Scientists Prove There is Life After Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just found this, the title isn't mine, so please do not flame me for the "proven" part.

Link to Source

Apparently a study has been conducted over a number of years at a German university looking at near death experience, using a cocktail of drugs and a mechanism named Autopulse to revive the participants.

This controversial process that was repeated on 944 volunteers over that last four years, necessitates a complex mixture of drugs including epinephrine and dimethyltryptamine, destined to allow the body to survive the state of clinical death and the reanimation process without damage. The body of the subject was then put into a temporary comatic state induced by a mixture of other drugs which had to be filtered by ozone from his blood during the reanimation process 18 minutes later. - See more at: worldnewsdailyreport.com...

Personally I would have quite liked the opportunity to take part, despite the nature of the process.

The extremely long duration of the experience was only recently made possible by the development of a new cardiopulmonary recitation (CPR) machine called the AutoPulse. This type of equipment has already been used over the last few years, to reanimate people who had been dead for somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour. - See more at: worldnewsdailyreport.com...

My own personal belief in life after death, present for as long as I can remember strongly hopes this to be true, however I am not sure on the reliability of the source and couldn't find any more on the experiment when I did a quick google.

My concern is were they actually dead really?!

I know I sound barbaric here, but if they weren't actually physically dead, dead (revival left no damage), then how can we say it is proven?

Surely some aspect of the volunteers was still alive?

Perhaps someone with a fresh pair of eyes and a deeper understanding of the process may be able to shed some light?

I once had an operation and had a difficult time coming round after, I can say hand on heart I had no NDE experience, only waing up and being unable to function for a few minutes (I couldn't make my arms move at first), so although I have a belief in life after death, it certainly doesn't stem from experience.

Let me know what you think

Apologies if already posted, I did search, but it came up empty.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

I've read the article yesterday, although there will always be people skeptical of such an idea, the reality of existing after death is an important issue if true.

No doubt, everyone will find out first hand when they die if it's true or not. However, I don't believe we need to wait for death to see that there is more to existence and post-life existence. We can pursue this knowledge through the out-of-body experience which can yield it's own measure of first-person experience with a reality outside of the body whereby we do and can exist as a very real and aware extension of our physical self.

I always encourage the pursuit of being conscious and aware when the body is asleep as a form of personal self-exploration into such matters. Once you gain enough veridical evidence and knowledge the idea that we exist after death is self-evident in these explorations of sleep related consciousness.

Add to my own experiences with that practice and my child hood memories of existing as another person who had died and dragging in a lot of pre-life memory the knowledge that I at least existed before this life and will exist after is completely confirmed. I believe that extends to all of us in the big picture.

This study likely has tapped into that knowledge but will people accept it or are they to conditioned to believe that such a notion is impossible and not true. Such hard problems and questions are best answered with first-person experiences IMO but this is a good step forward for those of us looking past the veil of human life.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Some critical thinking concerning the source of the article might've paid off ... Or would you think Riots in Moldova after law forbidding sex with goats sounded anything but satiric?
edit on 3-9-2014 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Seriously, I can't even repeat the common name of the hallucinogenic in your OP without it being censored. Look up the effects of that drug. Then watch a movie called "Flatliners". Then kick yourself in the butt for being so silly.
edit on 3-9-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think the research constitutes proof of anything. We're chasing something that is elusive until true death occurs.

We should recognize the limits of research and accept that some questions cannot be answered by science.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The above-mentioned article appeared on the World News Daily Report website. A disclaimer on the site states, “All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news”, yet the recount continues to disperse through Twitter.

source

First thing that popped up when I googled it.

ETA: actual disclaimer on your source site OP...sorry

DISCLAIMER

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

- See more at: worldnewsdailyreport.com...

disclaimer

edit on 3-9-2014 by tigertatzen because: added link

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Sorry but .....

Disclaimer
World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.
worldnewsdailyreport.com...

edit on 3-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sorry but .....

I agree that the source and story are likely a hoax but there are other studies and evidence out there in this field.

www.victorzammit.com...

Again, I still think the real effort in discovering this truth lies within each persons own pursuit of extending their awareness beyond the constraints of their physical body hence more attention really should be placed on consciousness exploration during sleep and The Monroe Institute is well established in this particular study.

You want the real truth, you have to work for it and answer the questions yourself. I cannot imagine how anyone would really know with any certainty unless they themselves had some measure of first-person experience in this particular topic.

Without it, everything is left to the imagination and speculation.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Jesus , why are people even worrying about this stuff.. Live your life and enjoy yourself as long as you can and when your number is called you will find out for yourself whether life after death is real or not. If it is real then hooray, if it isn't, then I guess hooray also...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
If it is real then hooray, if it isn't, then I guess hooray also...

Brilliant

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a dead person cannot be revived, this to me proves nothing. I'm not buying the "coming back from being dead" part.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Jesus , why are people even worrying about this stuff.. Live your life and enjoy yourself as long as you can and when your number is called you will find out for yourself whether life after death is real or not. If it is real then hooray, if it isn't, then I guess hooray also...

It's really an issue of each to their own and personal taste. In the end like I said earlier, you'll find out when you die the truth of it but if interested there is something you can pursue that could help you answer that question before said time arrives.

Does it really matter? That depends on the individual.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This thread needs to be placed in the HOAX bin.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Seriously, I can't even repeat the common name of the hallucinogenic in your OP without it being censored. Look up the effects of that drug. Then watch a movie called "Flatliners". Then kick yourself in the butt for being so silly.

a reply to: abe froman

The drug you are referring to is already present in the human body and it is a derivative of the amino acid tryptophan; the substance in turkey that makes people feel sleepy and lethargic every Thanksgiving season. It is synthesized in the bloodstream during normal metabolic function. We just don't know what purpose it serves in the brain. It is within the realm of possibility that something like what this article is describing could actually be used in the exact manner as the story alleges, so I think dismissing the OP as being "silly" is a tad harsh.

That being said, even if scientists had a proven formula for inducing a state of clinical death and sustaining it (as in the movie Flatliners...perfect reference by the way), there is no way they would be given funding to experiment on living human beings for the purpose of clinically killing them just to see what happens...in Germany or anywhere else. If they were to actually complete such a study, they could never publicly release the research because, well...they'd be killing people. That's not something you want to publicize...people tend to get offended by human experimentation, especially when it involves death.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Some critical thinking concerning the source of the article might've paid off ... Or would you think Riots in Moldova after law forbidding sex with goats sounded anything but satiric?

Reading comprehension on your part wouldn't go amiss either!

My own personal belief in life after death, present for as long as I can remember strongly hopes this to be true, however I am not sure on the reliability of the source and couldn't find any more on the experiment when I did a quick google.

Oh yes, yes I did cite that I questioned the source and that I hadn't discovered a more reliable one, thus questioning its validity!

I didn't read the goat sex article....was it a good read?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks for replies folks,

Apologies, never noted the disclaimer part when originally posted as I never saw it...along with the goats I might add!

That said it is always good to open up the old life after death debate.

Mods please HOAX this bad boy!

Thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

a dead person cannot be revived, this to me proves nothing. I'm not buying the "coming back from being dead" part.

Should we take that to mean that you've never heard of cardiac transplant surgery then? The person receiving the organ is clinically dead during the swap, and then brought back to life. How about Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation? Dead people are brought back to life every day with CPR. Where would you get the idea that dead people cannot be revived??

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
FFS I know critical thinking is eschewed by many at ATS - yup that's an insult [ disclaimer for the terminally clueless ]

but its not that hard to do a bit of BASIC fact checking - or is it ????????????????????

start with " dr berthard Ackermann "

just that one google search SHOULD alert even the most gullible of scientifically illiterate bumpkins that the story is a fake

its not rocket science

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

I'm only one person and I agree, each to their own.. But I have asked this question many times just like many others would of also and my personal opinion as harsh as it may seem is no, you do not come back after this life... You should treat this life as your first and last, you should strive to make THIS existence better for the future generations..

Let's say there is life after death and it is proven that everyone does eventually make a return, well, why wouldn't people focus on making the world they live in right now a better place for their future self somewhere down the track? Everything comes back to right now in your physical self regardless of whether we reincarnate or not.

If we cannot make things better in the life we have right now, why the hell would anyone want to return to the Sh*thole that is coming somewhere down the track anyway? And trust me, a Sh*thole is coming for future generations.

<<   2  3 >>

join