It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ratcheting up the rhetoric in regards to Ukraine & NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm listening to President Obama's speech to the people of Estonia right now. He seems to be talking a good game to that nation. He also has seemed to drawn a line as well, but of course we have seen how he treats that in the past.

Of course he hasn't actually committed to the Ukrainian conflict either.

He did specifically mention NATO's Article 5 though. A attack on one is considered a attack on all.

Will it escalate? He must have pulled Bush's speechwriters out of mothballs for this one. Sounded very hawkish to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
2 things he said made me wonder...

Firstly he said, paraphrasing, that it's up to the people what happens to a country & the direction they wish to take...
But that doesn't seem to apply to separatist fighters who feel disillusioned by the current government...

Then secondly he stated, paraphrasing, no one should be allowed to encroach on another's land, nor should they be allowed to occupy a sovereign Nation...
But that's doesn't seem to apply to Israel & Palestine...

Mr.Obama is a puppet, maybe he has been all along, but I believe so now!

He is spineless!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
2 things he said made me wonder...

Firstly he said, paraphrasing, that it's up to the people what happens to a country & the direction they wish to take

Just not the people of the US. The US will just screw you over with Obamacare, take your guns and corner you into submission with their military police.

Then secondly he stated, paraphrasing, no one should be allowed to encroach on another's land

Tell that to the BLM

He is spineless!

So are all the people. Otherwise the world wouldn't be in the mess its in now.

He's just chatting sh!t and laughing all the way back to the golf course.
edit on 5825Wednesday252014-09-03T10:25:58-05:002558 9 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

While I agree with what you have said, I am more concerned at the moment if he intends to honor (this time) what he has said. I've seen spineless people go all freakiziod when they couldn't take it anymore.

I'm thinking that he is nearing this point. Nobody takes him or the US seriously anymore and I would bet that bothers him. Plus, there are a lot of lawmakers and media that would back him if such a escalation would take place.

Could he be feeling like he is being backed in a corner?

join