It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back up your claims with links not just your opinion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I really wish people would back up certain claims they make on ATS.
I have asked a member twice today to back his claims up with links etc and twice he has told me to use a search engine.....No I want to see YOUR links and not just a you tube video made by some nut.
So NO If you make a claim it is your job not mine to back those claims up.
It really grinds my gears when members do this.
Anyhow I hope people understand my rant.
Rant over carry on.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Where's the link to prove this monkey nuts

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Dream on, unfortunately. No matter what is presented, or not, or debunked or not. The last fall back position is that any facts that show an opinion/theory/conspiracy to be wrong are labelled lies/propaganda. Total denial!

link   
a reply to: cody599

Lol

Here.

Darn it how do I post a thread post?.

Oh here is one of the threads I mean.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: cody599

Where's the link to prove this monkey nuts

Cody

That's just mean ........ wind up merchant

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Yes but at least we can study them and their authors.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I have asked a member twice today to back his claims up with links etc and twice he has told me to use a search engine.....No I want to see YOUR links and not just a you tube video made by some nut.
Rant over carry on.

Links??

Ahghhhha See .. I.. you.. .. ahhhhh.. Oo

*runs away*

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I read that thread earlier this morning.
He said he couldnt be arsed going back through his post history to provide a link.
You were totally right, if you're gonna state something as fact, back it up with a link

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It differs from situation to situation.

There are also lots who seem to lack the general knowledge regarding some stuff and post like they know it, and when pointed out to them, you have to present them everything on a silver plate, because they are too lazy to do their own research.

Not saying it was so in your case !

So the link asking has to be justified, and not some I`m too lazy to educate myself.

I agree with you in certain cases, but not all.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I agree. It's funny when someone makes an outlandish assertion and when you ask for some form of documentation they tell you to disprove their assertion, which in many cases boils down to proving a negative.

Sorry, I cannot prove that you do not eat donuts. I cannot prove you are not a wife beater lol

I can burst your bubble if your sources are tin foil hat wearing websites making asinine assertions.

Have you told your wife you have an Alaskan malamute disease?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I usually try too. unfortunately it is not always possible. A lot of thing that are out there are edited or deleted after a while to hide truth sometimes. One example i can give is that Saddam was on C-span and other outlets for a while begging the rest of the world to help him with stopping Kuwait from stealing oil. I can seem to find reference to it. Remember the old saying that still rings true HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTOR a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Personally I like the sources so I can see what other things are out there I didn't know about.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You dont trust me if i dont give links? well suit yourself here you got your precious links

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Rant over carry on.

Completely agree!!! When people just do a drive-by post saying, "NO You're wrong, blah blah blah..." it is... NOT HELPFUL. I am all for opinions, but an opinion should be stated as such.

So all you posters out there, be clear please. If you mean to debunk someone else's post, make your argument valid. Otherwise, you are just taking up space. Or you are on somebody's payroll, lol...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Took me a moment to get that lol.
I like it

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm so tired of IMO and IMHO. I'm like really?!

I do see your point about wanting to separate fact from fiction but honestly ... who else's opinion would it be!?!?

originally posted by: new_here

Rant over carry on.

Completely agree!!! When people just do a drive-by post saying, "NO You're wrong, blah blah blah..." it is... NOT HELPFUL. I am all for opinions, but an opinion should be stated as such.

So all you posters out there, be clear please. If you mean to debunk someone else's post, make your argument valid. Otherwise, you are just taking up space. Or you are on somebody's payroll, lol...

edit on 3-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
usually half the links posted anyway are just other people's opinions lol...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
usually half the links posted anyway are just other people's opinions lol...

If you read old threads they're all dead. I much prefer the information laid out precisely and then multiple sources given. Those are OP requirements right? Comments of the Op usually just give me keywords and technical jargon to help further research.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Or not related at all to the topic, sometimes even contradict the point the poster was trying to say.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I'm so tired of IMO and IMHO. I'm like really?!

I do see your point about wanting to separate fact from fiction but honestly ... who else's opinion would it be!?!?

Haha, I agree on your last statement! Point taken. And I do get tired of overuse of IMHO (when half of the time they're not being humble at all.)

But I must say, it bothers me even more when people repeatedly bombard a thread with very, very stuck-in-the-mud ideas and will not budge an inch, based on... nothing concrete. And they make no apology for it. They expect others to accept their self-determined omniscience. They are worse, IMO (Haha, see what I did there? Just yankin your chain!)

edit on 9/3/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join