It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Speech Of Qaddafi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
There is so much wrong information in this thread:

www.veteranstoday.com...

Qaddafi was a tyrant.

Did you read the comments from that article. I'd say 90% disagreed with it.

Hell number 17 itself says

Lie #17. According to the United Nations Development Programme, Libya ranked first in Africa (53 globally) on the Human Development Index ‑ ahead of Saudi Arabia at 55, Iran at 70, South Africa at 73, Jordan at 82, Egypt at 101, Indonesia at 108, India at 119, Afghanistan at 155. Go and tell that to the families of the hundreds buried alive in underground prisons in Libya, or to the loved ones of those locked up and left to die in shipping containers in ambient temperatures of 45 degrees Celsius. Or to the relatives of the 1,200 political murdered in three hours in Abu Salim prison in 1996. As for ranking 53 globally on the UN’s Human Development Index, big deal! Only 53, in a country of immense wealth and only six million people?

Ranking 53!! kinda is a big deal, that means there are hundreds of countries NATO could have been getting involved with before libya.

I also don't consider someone saying LIES as a debunking mechanism like the article does.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what he gave his people, he had committed atrocities and had openly spoken of supporting terrorism against the west and against Israel. There was one terrorist action where an airliner went down and he was happy it went down. He supported a government list of people to assassinate internationally. The list goes on. He even had his own green book that was required reading for school children, like Mein Kempf. He's a Hitler who was generous to his worshipers and tyrranical to the rest.

Here's a thread I made about all this:
www.abovetopsecret.com - Libya intervention is not all bad news...
edit on 4-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Hooray for the who's who of anti america tripe on ats...

If you're speaking of him getting rid of the Dollar as an attack on the World...I say that's backwards. The Dollar is exactly what is being used in attacking the World. Don't want it? Here we come.

In attacking the world?

The world as defined by "the third world" or lets get more specific a handful of holdouts in the Third world who don't wish to be part of a genuine global economy, because realistically, India improves every day, China improves every day Russia improves everyday since embracing perhaps a more socialized version of this system... in fact one can find thriving cities all over Africa today and they have substantial investment from both the West and the East and in fact are the only locations in Africa thriving... meanwhile I would challenge anyone to find me the part of Africa that rather has benefited from anything Qaddafi ever did, where globalism and investment has been allowed you see modern medical care on location not via medical tourism, actual incoming tourism and investment. Regardless of any ACTUAL results which no one in this thread will portray, your just plain wrong, be it it's fault or not the Dollar IS the world currency and collapsing it will still virtually destroy the economics of the Northern hemisphere, that is far from "just America" what your talking about is the reality of 4 Billion people in the nations with the best education systems, the producers of most of the worlds food and goods (including Africa's) which even if there was success you'd basically be dooming Africa as well from lack of outside services.... what your talking about is the greatest minds in the west and the east vs the "ideas" of one guy and it's ridiculous.

His goal was ALL of Africa, not JUST Libya. TPTB couldn't have that. They want Africa's wealth/resources and that would be Difficult with a more powerful Africa. Nope...Can't have that

Wrong... what that would be is that they WANT Africa as part of a global community, understand that Africa can not with it's population even continue to move forward without the rest of the world nor can anywhere else. What they are dealing with is the formation of a global society not an isolated Africa which could never actually compete or thrive with out the rest of the world and what he proposed would sink Africa in the long run.

And yet, the World is now on the brink of collapsing the US Dollar so as to not pay homage to the "King" Seems like Gaddafi was just ahead of his time and had more balls than most. But Don't worry, you'll see it in your life time even if Gaddafi couldn't.

I have been visiting ATS in one form or another or simply reading for over a decade and over and over comes the crowd that insist the global economy will collapse, that gold should be brought back etc etc...

It's not going to happen.

In fact this sort of thing will be spouted thorough history and it wont happen, it wont happen because first and foremost "Gold" is finite and also crap. Will what we are doing last forever ? No, but economics will continue to evolve, most of the first world has an advanced infrastructure, educated masses and a viable system of food production, trade and commerce as well as reproductive controls in place... whatever comes of economics it's not going to actually fail so to speak, it will be reinvented and certainly not under the guise of .... OOOOH SHINY

And don't get me wrong... I don't think Qadaffi was a "bad guy" just no different than anyone else, he'd like a pill to fix Africa, he'd also like to see his people in a far more prominent position, it just isn't going to go that way from a position of nowhere and "Lybia" certainly wasn't going to be allowed to rewrite things from their own POV without taking into consideration the results for the rest of the world.

As far as what i'll see in my lifetime... I wont see any of that nonsense, i've never seen a valid proposition of how the world would turn back to a "Gold" standard without massive warfare and chaos, i've never seen the army that would lead that charge, even those that claim "China and Russia" should probably take notice that any current difficulties rely upon energy PROFITS at their source, I don't see India or China or Russia rushing away from matters of economics but rather posturing over and dedicating themselves to them by the reality of action... and if your referring to WE as being a handful of Islamic States and dictatorships... well, good luck with that.

edit on 4-9-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thank you for that excellent piece on Qaddafi mekhanics very interesting read it goes to show never judge the book by the cover when it came to Qaddafi

You're welcome

edit on 4-9-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Doesn't matter what he gave his people, he had committed atrocities and had openly spoken of supporting terrorism against the west and against Israel.

Supporting terrorism to get what you want... sounds very familiar.

There was one terrorist action where an airliner went down and he was happy it went down.

He was happy...This makes him evil? Ever seen Obama smile as they talk about "Predator Drones"? Ever see Hilary chuckle when they killed him?

He supported a government list of people to assassinate internationally.

The US had an entire Deck of cards my friend. Just a game to them.

The list goes on. He even had his own green book that was required reading for school children, like Mein Kempf.

Better than banned books or re-written school history books IMO.

He's a Hitler who was generous to his worshipers and tyrranical to the rest.

As opposed to the Dictator in the White House who is tyrannical to ALL and generous only to other Nations and terrorists?

Sorry but I see 2 sides here and one just isn't winning over the other. Except one just killed the other. Actually, I still see Gaddafi as a better choice on some levels. At least he was up front.

Peace

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
The greater reason for the so called liberation of libya's tax free society was Qaddafi plans for a single African currency based on the gold-backed dinar. Its was a direct threat against the banking elite so they made an example of Qaddafi to scare off any further treachery against their control of this world. So I sometimes wonder if the terrorist that are really destroying our freedoms are one and the same as those that talk about destroying terrorism.

That may be true but it also was to remove yet another ally-esque regime of our ancient cold war block enemy, Russia + Iran+Syria+ etc. Notice that Syria was right after but proved more difficult. Same civil war + CIA funding/training rebels to conduct regime change. Dominos baby.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
All that money "frozen", and the gold reserves disappeared! The people of Libya will never see that money again, but it would be interesting to see whose financial institutions that money is "resting" in.
The demonizing tactics are always predictable, not that our own governments are any better, having their own Pedo's, psycopaths and thieves within the hallowed halls of power!

This was just another sad case of the "civilised" west destroying a country whose only crime was a wish to trade their goods for currencies of their choosing and not enslave the people to the petro-dollar. For this crime we destroyed their country and killed a great many people in the process. These crimes against humanity are disgusting, and aided of course by the corporate owned press, who champion the destruction by our "brave heroes", then go very quiet afterwards and move on to the next Justin Bieber incident.

But what does one do with their life once they realize anything close to what you are saying? I agree that the west is the superpower block/empire now and is interested in global hegemony at any cost, whether that is military or financial. But as an American who has dedicated his life to international NGO and government work, these realizations can be very disheartening.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Most of those are a lie.

a reply to: HawkeyeNation

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

If you believe that I have some tartan paint to sell you.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I would challenge anyone to find me the part of Africa that rather has benefited from anything Qaddafi ever did.

Apparently he was quite instrumental in getting Africa’s first communications satellite, RASCOM, launched.
Five Things You Didn't Know About The War in Libya

5) Satellites and telecommunications. Until relatively recently, the African continent was dependent on its former rulers in Europe for access to satellite communications. Western companies like Intelsat used their monopoly position in space technology to fleece Africa for basic communications, collecting $500 million a year by making the most expensive place on Earth to make a phone call.

From 1992 onwards, African governments decided to actively try and extract themselves from such a blatant scam by putting up their own communications satellite. But western banks and the IMF failed to provide loans to make it possible. The project needed $400 million as a one off payment to save African countries more than that every year, meaning they would easily be able to pay it back. But with international lenders protecting the profits of European satellite companies, the project was stuck.

That is until Gadaffi stepped in with the cash, putting $300 million up to launch Africa’s first ever communications satellite in 2007. Although it was built and delivered by a European company, it’s not under their control. What’s more is that it has opened the door to African use of space, with established space powers such as Russia and China sharing technology and providing launch facilities for African countries. Algeria is now aiming to have the first satellite built and launched from African soil by 2020.

I followed up to verify that this was a valid claim. Apparently Libya did invest in the RASCOM Satellite.

In May 1997, at the 4 th meeting of Assembly of Parties of RASCOM in Johannesburg, South Africa, it was decided to establish a strategic partnership for the implementation of the dedicated satellite system for Africa. In 2000, RascomStar-QAF Company was formed and incorporated with its headquarters at Pourt Louis, Mauritisus in partnership with:

• Alacatel Space - a company with a strong presence in Africa and high quality Project management and technical excellence,
  • GPTC - a national telecommunications operator in Libya and active player in other satellite businesses (Arabsat and Thuraya) and
  • RASCOM - the African Satellite Organisation representing 44 African Telecommunications operators.

These communication satellites made Pan-African and Inter-Continental communication cheaper. And in some cases, it made it possible where it was not before.

Dex

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234
I had a friend whose family fled Libya when he was younger. When this all was happening he was very involved through social media, supporting the rebels and talking to his family still over there. I didn't get the impression Libya was some great paradise. In fact, common sense tells me that this would not have happened if people were happy under his rule.

Hahahaha, good for you,
you shattered this threads fantasy fairy tale.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Probably because Libya has an extremely small population (about 6.2 million as of '11) compared to the US's 300 million+

$150 Billion can go a very long way for 6 mil people as opposed to 300 mil.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: dr1234
I had a friend whose family fled Libya when he was younger. When this all was happening he was very involved through social media, supporting the rebels and talking to his family still over there. I didn't get the impression Libya was some great paradise. In fact, common sense tells me that this would not have happened if people were happy under his rule.

Hahahaha, good for you,
you shattered this threads fantasy fairy tale.

lol, it showed me one thing.. His friend is happy that Libya is now one of the biggest sh*tholes in the world without Gadaffi and that he is possibly a terrorist sympathizer with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

Probably because Libya has an extremely small population (about 6.2 million as of '11) compared to the US's 300 million+

$150 Billion can go a very long way for 6 mil people as opposed to 300 mil.

As Million’s of American’s STARVE, Go HOMELESS due to Trillion’s in Banking & Corporate FRAUD, 97,000,000 American’s UNEMPLOYED, Cities go Bankrupt, Citizen’s Starved of WATER while Corporate America fill’s WATER BOTTLES by the Million’s. This also includes but not limited to the tens of Thousand’s of Veteran’s (Once LIED TO) who can’t get Medical and Mental health services as well as a Healthcare system that’s a Joke as prescription’s for SSRI’s seem to be the Norm and behind all Shooting’s in America.

perspective is everything

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
In 2000 there were allegedly only 7 countries without a Rothschild owned central bank;
Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Today there are only 3.

Exactly. It's all about the dollar as ppl have said. They don't like countries having their own banks. Rothschild dollars where in circulation in Iraq before Baghdad was overtaken.

And the west doesn't want to see anything other than capitalism "work".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Free education, Cheap as Chips Petrol, Housing Grants when you brought your first home, Grants when you were married, Grants to buy a car, If you wanted to start a farm the Government paid for the seeds etc, the list goes on.. And now look at the sh*thole... Western maggots.

Maybe we should ask our Goverment's why such a poor African country could give so much to the people when they say America is number 3 in the world for wealth and the U.K number 9 yet we are always told about cutback's and job losses ....

Three words.

Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And how in gods name does the West even imagine that every Libyan still alive won't call for the utter destruction of those who put an end to the life they once had!!!!!! Terrorists are being created everyday by the disgusting greed of these so called Democratic, free, western A-holes!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

53rd is horrible when you consider how much money they had incoming for a population of 6 million. For reference, that's basically a large city in the USA. and they had the income of 40-50 billion when Qadaffi was in charge. California has 40 million residents and brings in 2t a year. California is beautiful with excellent infrastructure. So Libya actually had more money per resident and land mass, but was way down the list, 53rd, when it had the ability to be in the top 20 from an income standpoint. There is proof this money was siphoned off the top by Qadaffi and his lieutenants.

Gadaffi alone had BILLIONS of dollars stashed in bank accounts all over the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

He got a communications satellite launched?

There are 1071 satellites currently in orbit, 50% or 535 where launched by the United States

Yeah, well... I take it all back... The USA sucks, it should be dethroned and replaced by Lybia and Qaddafi immediately, i mean the guy successfully purchased a satellite from the European Space agency and got them to launch it on a rocket they built...

Damn, no limits to what this guy can do, he should have been put in charge of global economic reform tomorrow...

(lol sorry, he really wasn't a bad apple over all, he had some good ideas) but come on lol...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join