It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's becoming clearer: IS vs US and the bigger picture.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I couldn't agree more, S&F. Jenny, I've got your number. We (the American people) are being manipulated. Of course, we've been manipulated for a very long time.

The one thing we (citizens) must learn to do is stop reacting with a gut/knee jerk response and assess the facts, as difficult as they are to attain these days.

But how many people are willing to do it? How many people have the emotional fortitude to stop and say... "Wait a minute here?"

8675309jenny, good example using the Reichstag, but we've had a couple/few Reichstags since 1933, 9/11 included. The real issue is they will continue to use these events to push the citizens the direction that they want us to go. They do that with everything, it's not just war.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Since you can't see the IS guys mouth move. Could his voice have been dubbed in?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So well addressed.
Fear isnt working like it used to.
Desenitization seems to be the new thing.
You are 100% right ..all of a sudden it's the' topic 'to instill fear.
We have been over-exposed and and there is a whole new generation who will look at it like nothing.
When the first video's surfaced 2003, they were extremely graphic.
Did not realize until you pointed it out that Isis has been only calling Obama.
Thank You for the education.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its ironic that the two journalists were probably working for American intelligence. hat4uk.wordpress.com... and hat4uk.wordpress.com...

IS gone rogue?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: govmule

And unfortunately, most unfortunately, and sadly,

49% of Americans don't care at all that ISIS threatens Obama personally.

The radicals have no idea what contempt Obama is held in by at a minimum 49% of the US population.

Americans care about civilians, but when the civilian goes purposely to a "war" type zone and purposely "engages" with the enemy, by reporting on them. They have put themselves in a situation where awful things can happen to them, they are grown men and know what they are getting themselves into. Not that what happened wasn't horrific and evil, it's just they put themselves in a position where they knew this could happen, and so it gets less sympathy than the Islamic State is looking for.

So this tactic doesn't really play with a great number of Americans.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmicgypsy
So well addressed.
Fear isnt working like it used to.
Desenitization seems to be the new thing.
You are 100% right ..all of a sudden it's the' topic 'to instill fear.
We have been over-exposed and and there is a whole new generation who will look at it like nothing.
When the first video's surfaced 2003, they were extremely graphic.
Did not realize until you pointed it out that Isis has been only calling Obama.
Thank You for the education.

WOW, very insightful

And we have actually trained an entire generation to find beheading amusing through the proliferation of video games and violent movies and television.

We have trained US citizens to not care about this type of visual and totally desensitized people to caring when it is real.

Great insight!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I agree, it is much like the Baby in the incubator lies in Kuwait designed to stir the public and get them behind something. Have we not learned anything from what happened with 911 and Kuwait? It is designed for something more what is the question. Frankly i don't care what. I am not behind going there especially since USA pretty much created ISIS and for sure let them grow to that point before talking about action. What happened last time? PATRIOT ACT is just one of the things. I don't want to give anymore up. Do not support anymore intervention in anything. It is all a MIRAGE.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
....They taunt Obama directly so that it's justified when HE reacts....

Well, it looks like it's not just Obama they taunt.

ISIS Threatens Putin, Caliphate In Chechnya; Kadyrov Responds "You Will Be Destroyed"

I guess ISIS is an equal opportunity taunter.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pulling on the heart strings of Americans to justify boots on the ground in Syria
result will be only be more dead people, more anti-American jihadists
rinse repeat..
not falling for it
As George said, fool me once..
edit on 3-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why is it we grossly underestimate our enemies in the world? These people are well financed and educated. They have access to internet obviously and know how to use facebook, twitter, and so on without being banned or tracked while using it. Lets get past the idea they are sandsuckers living under rocks.

Why do you think they have no idea how the people feel about Obama? in my opinion they know that and are trting to use it as an advantage. If they direct more hate to obama then the US could very likely destroy itself. And we know there are IS sympathizers here since at least 2 US citizens have died fighting for IS. They know how people react emotionally and they are using that knowledge very well i would have to say. They have you convinced the government is behind it and have you against your own countrymen. They might actually have people on this very site participating in this nonsense.

Stop thinking the US is the center of the universe and is doing everything in the world. You give the government too much credit. Evil people exist, and they have for thousands of years. Its time to accept the fact that sometimes things are pretty much what they look like. Keep ignoring these facts, keep blaming the government for everything and IS may indeed raise a flag over the white house while we keep pointing fingers at each other. You all sit here and come up with this solution or that solution while thinking no one else in this population 7 billion can even come close to thinking through a situation or even looking up stuff on the internet. O thats right the middle east is a bunch of cave men with no tv or computers, or electricity for that matter.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the decapitation of 2 News reporters, correspondents by ISIS does not have to be a Staged Theatrics video by ISIS nor Langley Virginia nor by the Zionist Neocons

the set up might truly be from the Jihadists...
they are showing their contempt for the Obama WH and the cabal of Muslim Brotherhood policy makers in the administration

ISIS is completely against the backsliders in the Saudi monarchy who control the Kabbah & Mecca & buy off the radicals & Wahhabists...even as Saud invites the USA troop & pre-placement of Arms cache' and missile defense systems on Arabian soil...
to ISIS the Caliphate & Caliph (al-Baghdadi) Ibrahim, both the Saudi monarchy and Obama + Muslim Brotherhood are blasphemers

and any Western military campaigns against ISIS will draw more Jihadists to the cause ...to build the Caliphate into a great power in the ME & EurAsia & N Africa areas

here is an interesting article from the 'huffington media' which directly addresses the above emphasized points..
the reference source came to all our attention today....but I was telling the thread the same thing the day before:

King Aziz's son and heir, Saud, faced a different form of reaction (less bloody, but more effective). Aziz's son was deposed from the throne by the religious establishment -- in favor of his brother Faisal -- because of his ostentatious and extravagant conduct. His lavish, ostentatious style, offended the religious establishment who expected the "Imam of Muslims," to pursue a pious, proselytizing lifestyle.

King Faisal, Saud's successor, in his turn, was shot by his nephew in 1975, who had appeared at Court ostensibly to make his oath of allegiance, but who instead, pulled out a pistol and shot the king in his head. The nephew had been perturbed by the encroachment of western beliefs and innovation into Wahhabi society, to the detriment of the original ideals of the Wahhabist project.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Saudi Ikhwani history is plain: As Ibn Saud and Abd al-Wahhab made it such in the 18th century; and as the Saudi Ikhwan made it such in the 20th century. ISIS' real target must be the Hijaz -- the seizure of Mecca and Medina -- and the legitimacy that this will confer on ISIS as the new Emirs of Arabia

exactly as I said a day earlier with the Kabbah & Mecca in the control of infidels. blasphemers

edit on rd30140977019103492014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

in horrible ways, DOZENS beheaded.

And yet we have' ONE 'pow'.

Berghdahl.

Seems that everyone else is getting beheaded.

but him.

I wonder why.

Let that sink in as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree...It is all a crap shoot and we are being fed the "crap". Anymore, it is all about mind games and head games, (pardon the creepy pun) and lies. With the advent of so much technology now where we can make videos and record just about anything...I guess "The Animals That Be" figure that is the best way to go. Flood us with nice big fat visuals of any horror they can dream up and screw with our minds/psychology big time. Like has been mentioned, these kinds of things have been going on for a long time...in most all wars, so why now? Because there are so many ways to present these sick games....psychological warfare as well as regular warfare.

It really makes one that has any common sense wonder just what the heck is really REAL nowadays. We have seen Hollywierd movies present violent scenarios that look very real. With such abilities, how do we know what we are really seeing now. I don't buy into these beheading vids either. No one getting ready to die like that would be so calm and clean and ready. They'd be peeing their pants or worse at the onset...anyone would. The game is rigged and we are all pawns in that game. They supply the pieces of the puzzle that they want to and we are supposed to just sit and deal with it or not. It is sickening anymore, what treachery is in the hearts and minds of mankind nowadays...especially ones that have an agenda based on hate/greed/politics/religion or some such.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

We've somehow lost the ability to fight a war successfully.

That is mostly because of politics. These days.

We as a country have learned nothing from Vietnam.

Excuses were made for the Viet Cong. Just like they are being made for ISIS, and that ilk.

Had the 'internets' existed back during world war 2.

Today the world would have a very different take on it, and Hitler.

Funny though the internets that was a creation heralded as a tool to help make people 'smarter'.

Has been reduced to the worlds largest effective propaganda tool.

And it works mostly because people believe what they want to believe.

One the one hand I agree with your comment.

But that is exactly what ISIS wants.

Engagement.

The current ptb here as in the current administrations just wants it to go away.

But it will never go away.

After our government unilaterally declared the 'war on terror over' recent events just show how much of a farce that delusion was.

The 'war on terror' is a political war.

One side using bullets,bombs, and swords.

Our side ?

Needs to get it's head out of it's snip.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Hi Beez
"fight war successfully"?

wrestling always has a predetermined outcome
happy sheeple and mucho casho at the gate

have a good one

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Bergdahl was held by the Taliban and not by ISIS or Al Qaeda. Bergdahl, it would seem by some reports, was a willing "victim" and could be used to secure the release of prisoners.

The reporters were held by ISIS and used for propaganda.

Two separate groups with different ideologies.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Same damn thing.

Taliban,AQ,ISIS, Hamas,Hezbollah.

Two sides of the same coin.

Islamo fascists.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

For this being a supposed in-formed conspiracy site, there are some really ignorant and gullible people here.

If you cannot automatically smell the bs of a new staged campaign on msm, then I don't know what to say.. It is very unfortunate for everyone that you cannot perceive what is going on.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have to disagree, they are not the same. Hezbollah is Shiite and the others are Sunni...huge difference. In fact, the Iranians really didn't mind our invasion of Afghanistan as we were fighting Sunni backed groups (Taliban & Al Qaeda). Yep, they were fine with that as they were worried those groups might go after them.

IS/ISIS/ISIL is Sunni but they are way over the top extremists. So over the top that Al Qaeda distanced themselves from them.

The Saudis (Sunni) are playing both sides in order to maintain a high standard of living and keep the extremists at bay. They capture a few terrorists who threaten them but pay "ransom" to them to keep them out.

ISIS doesn't care and wants it all under their own set of religious laws which are different from the other groups.

A lot of these groups were kept in check by the brutal dictators who have since been deposed. Now there is a vacuum and you can thank the US for that.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have no idea "if" all of this is "real" or "staged..."

I DO know hoever that if some asshat in black was about to saw my head off?

I sure wouldn't be calmly spewing words and leaning back as he began his grisly task,I'd be a raving maniac and fighting it out until I had no more breath to fight with!

That also goes for saying a few genuine and authentic "words", not the crap that's being spewed...

I know of someone who is friends with the alleged victim's family in Florida first hand and the family has been under a "gag order" for over a year...

It's ugly any way you color it!

edit on 3-9-2014 by irishchic because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join