It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's becoming clearer: IS vs US and the bigger picture.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
**PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS POST IN IT'S ENTIRETY AND NOT JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSION BEFORE LETTING IT ALL SINK IN**

So I was sitting here after watching the Sotloff video (yes I watched it, there is zero gore).

It's EXACTLY the same format as the Foley video was: Guy in Guantanamo outfit with a professional undershirt studio mic speaks for a few minutes in a totally cool/calm manner while British Muslim guy brandishes knife. Then British Muslim guy points knife at camera and addresses/taunts OBAMA directly, and then commences fake cutting as screen fades to black. I don't question that Sotloff is dead, but it didn't happen in this video. I don't presume to know if IS are what they claim to be.

So I started thinking about the psychological effect these videos are having now that social media has such a huge impact. I started thinking how THOUSANDS of Americans have died in wars since 2001, HUNDREDS have died in horrible ways, DOZENS beheaded. These types of videos circulated back in 2003 and 2004 and thorugh '06. I started thinking "what is different now??" "why are two dead Americans such a big deal now, when dozens have died the same way???" The media barely touched those beheadings back in '03-'06, and they certainly didn't hype them like these new videos. But also look at these two latest 'executions', and look how they are almost "made for TV", it's almost like the media are sanctioning the viewing of these videos.

And the guy (same executioner in both videos) is directly taunting OBAMA. By name, and direct address.

I've decided that these videos are pure manufacured opposition. They are DESIGNED to create a reaction. They taunt Obama directly so that it's justified when HE reacts. The videos don't address the west, they don't address Congress or the American people, they address ONE MAN, as if he is a dictator or king. I found this strange. Everything about these videos is strange really.

Now let me remind you about the recent psychological experiments with social media and influencing peoples state of mind collectively.

Make no mistake people. We are living the Reichstag Fire right now. en.wikipedia.org... If you are not familiar with the Reichstag Fire, please read the link to learn about the most pivotal event in the 20th century.

And just to illustrate my point, here's a selection of reactions to the Sotloff execution on another ATS thread:

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: theantediluvian

Its time to crush Isis and its supporters! We need to rein so much hell that even to speak the name is a death sentence. Freaking religion of peace, yea right

originally posted by: xavi1000
It's time Obama to activate all drones , seals and all technology and destroy ISIS once for all and i dont care for collateral damage and civilians.

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: theantediluvian

If we don't go ALL in, hit them hard, fast, ugly, and furious, then we will be participating in a never ending fight with us using passive, weak reactions to their actions.

I don't see anyone going in hot and heavy to eliminate them.

A damned shame that someone had to die that way. Just add it to the thousands of people in the region that have already suffered under ISIS.

originally posted by: ClassicCon
These animals will only be stopped by direct confrontation by US forces. IMO, if any individual has a suspected link to these rejects of modern society, they should be wiped out immediately. In fact, the whole damned middle east should be turned to glass.

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

If we would have fought this way in the first place we wouldn't have this problem right now. They've learned our weaknesses and it's going to be our downfall. We've spent more money and resources fighting half ass it's incredible.

Like the atom bomb, you go all out and end the war or lose more of OUR people. We're fighting over there because their people are either on their side, or are too chicken to stand up.

We have 2 Options here in my opinion:

1) Leave that side of the world to their own devices, lose our interests over there and care for ourselves over here with the resources and money spent on that debacle.

or

2) Blow the entire thing up, obliterate anything and everything that's fighting against us, whether hiding in a school or not and end it once and for all.

Anything in between and we will be the ones to pay for it in the end with our way of life and our children's, grand-children's and so on.

These reactions are HUMAN, they are from the heart, from the gut. They are instinctive. I am not calling anyone out, if everything is simple, cut & dried, these are the logical answers. But does anyone really think this is that simple?? Human reactions are predictable.

For anyone to take these videos as presented and PLASTERED all over the MSM is foolish. Since 1933 have we really learned NOTHING??

I urge you to sit back for a moment after reading this post, and churn it all over in your heads. The presentation, the MSM saturation, the targeted taunting of the leader of the USA, the production quality and self-censoring. The just-palatable-enough for the average non-critical-thinking Joe. The perfect storm to polarize the people.

As I said, make no mistake, this is a massive collective herding operation; we are being groomed for something.
edit on 2-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: TYPOS

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I most heartily concur with your conclusions...
These are actors in a drama made for the American people....in order to foster outrage against the ISIS idiots....only the bodies are real....
The ploy is even working on ATS, so JQ public is licking it up I expect....wars a commin soon with somebody.....anybody.....

edit on 2-9-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
These are actors in a drama made for the American people....in order to foster outrage against the ISIS idiots....only the bodies are real....
The ploy is even working on ATS, so JQ public is licking it up I expect....wars a commin soon with somebody.....anybody.....
I agree. The last time they wanted to go into Syria, the American people spoke and said no. These videos are meant to drive a different reaction which can only mean one thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Yep. On topic with this, Israel made a HORRIBLE policy mistake recently. They grabbed some land, and claimed that the killing of Israeli teens justified it:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Israel Radio said the step was taken in response to the kidnapping and killing of three Jewish teens by Hamas militants in the area in June.
The failure on their part was in understanding messaging, and the principle of Cui Bono. Which tells you to try to solve a crime by looking a who benefits from said crime. Israel has messaged to the world that the way to expand Israel is through the human sacrifice of Israeli children, much to the excitement of any psychos living in Israel, and much to the disgust of the rest of the watching world. They are claiming human sacrifice benefits them.

Whenever someone decides to take whatever the latest ISIS crime is and use it further their policy objectives, they are falling into the exact same error. They are saying US policy is decided by violent filmed acts in the middle east rather than sound calculations. They are saying in effect "my policy view is given power by human sacrifice. Kill more and I will become politically stronger". Yet the whole world watching, realizes that these people's thirst for power can only lead to more blood, to reassert their power.

There's nothing new about any of this, but its wrong. Rome crucified their enemies to assert the power of the state through sacrifice, but they collapsed due to Christianity. Meso-American Empires collapsed as well though their human sacrifices were seen by all. And the status quo will fall as well. Its love which keeps mighty nations strong, not murder.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Of course they are posting this stuff for a reaction. Way too juicy for the media to pass up.

I am not enraged that they were killed due to there career choice. I dont feel enraged if someone who works with lion gets killed. It's a well know occupational hazard just like Daniel Pearl who was also beheaded many years ago in the name of journalism.

You want to limit the number of beheadings? Stay out of these third world countries.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was just reading that other thread with those replies you brought. They are all on the first page right below the OP…

Kill, kill,kill!

I mean bomb, bomb, bomb.

Are we up to over a hundred airstrikes or so in Iraq? That excuse about some thirsty kids on a hill only plays so long.

The target remains, Syria.

I wonder what it will be that fumes us so much that the air sorties begin crossing into Syrian airspace?

Maybe they already are…

Just conjecture but, really, when have we not been lied to about WMD, Sarin, and Russian invasions?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That is a good observation on reactions, however, in order for this to be an intentional effort to start a war on its own merit one must assume that all of the people crucified, beheaded, buried alive etc are fake. It seems to me there are a lot of bodies piling up due to ISIS, mainly Christian. It is possible the CIA, Mossad, Russians etc are faking the videos to get Obama to do something, but, if he does react I say so what, radical muslims have never, and will never live in peace, they must be removed from society.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Some of the ATS members are passionate about it, but there responses are in misguided frustration as the perceive their quality of life being threatened by said attacks via this inept government wasting resources that could better serve the common good. However, I won't harp on that particular point as it will take the conversation left.

Yes, its the Reichstag Fire all over again, America is repeating the same fatal mistake of the Nazis with one exception; they play both sides. Nazis weren't that smart. Same big time corporations financing both sides, same fanatical propaganda, same economic crisis, blah blah blah. No, America ain't learned shyt since 1933. Nor any other pivotal year. In fact they are stepping the game up. I just came back from Ferguson as a consciencous objector. Some of the things down there are playing out like a social experiment (which has been my commentary on that all along) and continues as the media is worn out/cut off/not reporting from what is going on down there. National Guard killing folks. Mayberry RFD playing and practicing with their military grade toys. People and journalists denied civil liberties of all colors. Folks getting raided of weapons, even cooking utensils. Not to mention the hoarding of food and water. Sounds like the Nazi Occupation of France to me.

Obama and Bush are relatives, cousins, all playing for the same side. No friggin way Jeb becomes POTUS. They will give it to Hilary "Rodham Scheming in Watergate" Clinton first. Or a 3rd Candidate to throw us off on their team. Bad acting. Bad Bad Acting is all. And the American people are sheeple, corporate shills, and the like, eating it up like a bad episode of Dynasty.

Get out of America while you can is all I can suggest. It isn't the puppet in office passing E.O.'s up the ass like a Bad bolshevik Russia we gotta worry about. It's the dude/chick AFTER him that will act worse. Things are being set up as we blink.

History repeats. History Rhymes. And the cards all fall down with a big breath.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
That is a good observation on reactions, however, in order for this to be an intentional effort to start a war on its own merit one must assume that all of the people crucified, beheaded, buried alive etc are fake. It seems to me there are a lot of bodies piling up due to ISIS, mainly Christian. It is possible the CIA, Mossad, Russians etc are faking the videos to get Obama to do something, but, if he does react I say so what, radical muslims have never, and will never live in peace, they must be removed from society.

I don't think the deaths are fake. The ISIS recruitment videos are very real, and I think ISIS are very real. These two particular journalist execution videos are just too damn strange though. They are too conveniently packaged. So much so that it amazes me more people don't notice. But also in the last decade I could swear peoples avg. IQ has dropped by ~20points....

These videos play right into the social media frenzy, and NOT to IS's benefit. The only way it makes sense for IS to have done these videos completely for their own agenda is if they are playing a double-bluff (thinking that the avg. American will call BS and see it as a media ploy). Betting on the the avg. Joe to catch a political double-bluff is quite optimistic methinks.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I agree. The last time they wanted to go into Syria, the American people spoke and said no. These videos are meant to drive a different reaction which can only mean one thing.

If the last time "They" were oil companies or someone like George Soros I would probably agree. I do not give Obama credit for any plan (good or bad) in Syria, he cant handle his own countries issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The videos are surreal, and I really don't know what to make of them. Listening to news reports from day to day make me think that what we are seeing is the epitome of human nature. It reminds me of what happens to prisoners after years in the hole. All grip on reality is lost.

I applaud your perspective because it reflects how I think a lot of us feel on the inside. Someone else said in the thread from your quotes that the same scenario is played out over and over again. At some point one has to ask the question. Is it all designed by the same forces? Who benefits from this?

How long exactly do we play along with this little game before we hold the puppet masters accountable?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule

If the last time "They" were oil companies or someone like George Soros I would probably agree. I do not give Obama credit for any plan (good or bad) in Syria, he cant handle his own countries issues.
The last time "They" = most of Congress and Obama (no matter what he said). The plan all along has been to get into Syria as they did Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. The American people said no to going into Syria because we had no stake in it on a security level. Now with IS supposedly operating out of Syria, killing Americans and making direct threats against the US, this will justify doing so. It's pure propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Honestly, I think this whole thing has much stronger implications for something at HOME.

Between the border crisis, the stability of the dollar, coldwar-2.0, IS making threats on US soil, and 9/11 coming up soon, I feel like the stage is set for some serious NDAA enforcement.

To make it even better, this IS stuff can act as the ultimate litmus test: Anyone doubting the official story gets labeled and sorted (as a terrorist). Didn't G.W. say, "you're either for us or against us" ?

I love my fellow Americans, but I'm against them being played.
edit on 2-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I watched the Foley video and concluded it was very strange and staged for numerous reasons which to me didn't add up. I haven't watched the second video as yet but by the sounds of it, it's a replica of the first beheading and if so I am going out on an arm and limb to say it is also a fake... Doesn't mean I believe the two guys are still alive but those videos do not make sense to me and I agree with the OP on this one also..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Honestly, I think this whole thing has much stronger implications for something at HOME.

Between the border crisis, the stability of the dollar, coldwar-2.0, IS making threats on US soil, and 9/11 coming up soon, I feel like the stage is set for some serious NDAA enforcement.

To make it even better, this IS stuff can act as the ultimate litmus test: Anyone doubting the official story gets labeled and sorted (as a terrorist). Didn't G.W. say, "you're either for us or against us" ?

I love my fellow Americans, but I'm against them being played.
Yes there are no coincidences. Open borders are stupid unless they're purposeful. It's all too convenient. I do fear a bad event in the not too distant future. However, when they can then claim that it took them by surprise like 9/11, will only make them look more like liars. They hear, read and see everything all over the globe. They justify it by claiming it keeps us safe. Yet they allow open borders with no checks on who is entering. No one will be fooled but the fools.
edit on 17715Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Wow, great post, starred.

I'm a secular scientist, and I don't regularly spew religious stuff. But at the same time, I know Gold when I see it. There's a story that appears in Jewish, Christian, and Muslim traditions in different forms. I won't choose a form because I don't know what in the end is really holy. Instead I will post a version of it from a songwriter who nobody thinks is holy. It is here:
www.youtube.com...
Whatever it is in the end, there is a supreme force in this world, and it has shown its force again and again. What I can promise is those who try to build a wall against this force will be struck down, those who stick with it in their moral struggles will be exalted. This is my message to all parties involved: Stick to what is right, fight as you do, (for even just war is holy) but don't rest your bets on the idea of depravity and violence shaping anything at all. They won't, the real force in this world is way above all that. Instead fight with the moral force, be the best people you can be. Moral gold is true gold.

Peace, and forgive what you see as my craziness! -me

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

They justify it by claiming it keeps us safe. Yet they allow open borders with no checks on who is entering. No one will be fooled but the fools.

and this makes a good argument as to why there is a conspiracy that governments are dumbing down the populace through education,food,fluoride etc..

in regards to the OP the media most certainly is staged....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses" --Major General Smedley Butler

ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi Trained by Israeli Mossad, NSA Documents Reveal

ISIS is America’s New Terror Brand: Endless Propaganda Fuels “War on Terror”

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not sure what video you watched. But both videos (both men who got killed) included a decapitated body at the end, with the victims head ontop of their body, blood everywhere.

Are you sure this is the video you watched? ****NOTE EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. MODS REMOVE LINK IF NECESSARY****
Video Link
edit on 3-9-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Let's look at the big picture. How many Muslims have died as a result of the Sunni and Shia civil wars, power vacuums, and general instability in the middle east? Compare this to how many Americans have died. Who here thinks this ratio is not acceptable to the US government? Who here thinks America has not been poking and prodding just enough to create this instability yet not enough to end it?

It seems to me that everything is going according to plan for the US government and the power elite who control it continue to fill their coffers as a result.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join