It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Fox News Even Try To Be Accurate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
la2
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have just watched The Five ( 2nd Sept 2014), and in a piece regarding British Prime Minister, David Cameron, they began reeling off 'facts' about the current British stance on ISIS, the child abuse scandal in Rotherham and British life overall, however as a British citizen, I noticed all of what was said was actually wrong.

Fox said:

1) UK has a constitution
2) Most ISIS fighters are British
3) Parts of Britain are 'no go zones', where police have given up
4) Prime Minister is in so much trouble at home that the government are facing a 'special general election'
5) The UK is way behind when it comes to dealing with Terrorism

Now, anyone who knows the UK, or lives here will know that none of this is correct, and has been used to paint our country as a mess, when most other US news outlets have praised David Cameron for being ahead of Obama in acting.

How do these people get jobs on television, never mind on a 'news' channel, is it just me, or am I the last person in the world to see that this is how Fox News actually is?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: la2

It isn't real news it is entertainment news thats how they get away with all the BS.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They say what they are told and they like the money so they suck it up.

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I find it shocking, yeah British news broadcasts are a little stuffy, but at least if it's fact checked it's accurate

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You can have our constitution. We're not using it anymore...

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

That's the thing, The rest of the world is looking at America and waiting for leadership, I understand all leaders have issues at home, but we don't openly criticise, never mind blatantly lie

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How do these people get jobs on television, never mind on a 'news' channel, is it just me, or am I the last person in the world to see that this is how Fox News actually is?

From America:

You are seeing quite clearly, sorry about the misdirection. Most of what you are seeing is designed for American eyes ad ears. They don't really care what you think of it over there.

Due to the Internet, we get your opinion on it…

Thank youuu!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Fox News is garbage.. It's like the Jersey shore of the News world.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Realize it's the Skunk Works or I'd ask you to back up your claims.

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I put in the original post what they said, all of which is factually incorrect, Fox is owned by the same company as Sky News, but they are worlds apart factually

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Doubtful most Americans understand the UK, either it's politics or your society. I read the Guardian (UK version) and the Telegraph pretty much every day and specifically the political sections. I'll admit to not completely understanding how your government works.

Wouldn't worry about it, Fox News spouts as much BS as MSNBC. Kinda humorous to hear Fox's take on you guys across the pond though.

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I've lived here my whole life and there are parts of the political system I don't understand, I think it's the age of the system, and it must say the confusion is possibly what puts off young people from voting.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: la2

I put in the original post what they said, all of which is factually incorrect, Fox is owned by the same company as Sky News, but they are worlds apart factually
I know what you put in the OP. Guess I'll have to watch the rerun of it tonight or just record it. Want to hear it with my own ears, ya' know

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Of course, that's why I put the date along side, I'm all for hearing others opinions, it just shocked me because I've never really had issue with Fox before this, but it's now made me really question the validity of the rest of their 'product'

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I watched it and I'd have to agree that they were wrong.

But!

This was five people who discuss issues, kind of like what we do on Reality Remix.

It is opinion-based. Facts have little to do with it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I noticed all of what was said was actually wrong.

Fox said:

Are you alone in this?? No. It is NOT just you. Most people don't realize the 'facts' of MSM.
I didn't until about 3 years ago.

Yeah - I don't know if you take the DailyMail as 'truth', but Fox is equivalent to that. (So are prisonplanet and infowars and theblaze and whatever other sensationalized polar-instigators you can find.)

edit on 9/2/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Of course, that's why I put the date along side, I'm all for hearing others opinions, it just shocked me because I've never really had issue with Fox before this, but it's now made me really question the validity of the rest of their 'product'

Well transcripts of each show seem to be published on their web site - the day after they occur.

Edit: Also recording todays broadcast - since I missed it - at 4am. Not staying up for that

edit on 97929Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

When I'm following a story, or situation I will literally watch and read whatever I can, the BBC and The Times are usually to my knowledge the most accurate, I just think it's hard for people to know what information to trust

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I just think it's hard for people to know what information to trust

Yes, it's very hard. And most people (I think) just give up and pick one.
It takes a lot of energy to wade through all the different outlets and try to fact-check.

I'm interested, though, in how you portray Sky News as being fact-checked. I believe CNN is also, and I think they are owned by the same Murdoch dude....
he just knows how to diversify his readership.

????

Maybe???

Reach all levels of everything so people will read whichever flavor they prefer?

LOL Kind of like choosing a religion.

Thanks for your reply.

edit:

The Times

Which "Times"? Please?

edit on 9/2/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

1) UK has a constitution

en.wikipedia.org...

5) The UK is way behind when it comes to dealing with Terrorism

When you define all Muslims as terrorists as the Fox News Editorialists do, then technically, they're correct.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join