It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought experiement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS member. I would like to perform a thought experiment for fun and curiosity.

I would like for you to imagine yourself as the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent creator. The almighty god from any and all religious texts put together. Just to make sure i will use a metaphor: you are Thanos, wearing 2 infinity gauntlets and at the same time you are “Q” from Star Trek.

It is important that you know how you function as god. Omniscience means to know everything that happened, happening, will happen, can happen and cannot happen. Albert Einstein along with other scientists presented the notion, that if you know the position and speed of all the particles, one could calculate their interactions indefinitely. Particles are some of the smallest bits that compose everything in existence. There may be smaller parts, but they are yet to be discovered. As an Omniscient deity, you are aware of the current state of every single particle (Everywhere), their speed, location, destination, as well as where those particles were at any moment prior. To add more. you are also aware of outcome from interaction with said particles in any and all ways, everywhere. Here is an example of such knowledge. Right now you, the reader, is reading this boring sentence and are about to exhale air from your lungs. You have just exhaled, let us pick one random molecule of air that just came out of your mouth. With omniscience you can tell with 100% accuracy that 10 years from now that the same air molecule will be breathed in by a Lion who just finished eating a clown. Not only are you aware of where that molecule is at any point during that 10 year but you also know everything about that Lion and which part of the clown he started eating first. All this information is yours. You are also aware that if you exhaled with a little bit more force, that same air molecule 10 years from now would be inhaled by an astronaut experiencing a crash landing for his shuttle with the clown, mentioned earlier, being the impact point. Every single possibility for the future and past of that air molecule and any variation of that outcome is known to you as an omniscient being. Same is true for every other lion, clown, astronaut, breath of air, molecules and all particles everywhere and. You do not need to access any of it, the knowledge is just present in your mind at all times. Everything is an Infinity upon infinity in variation and it is all known to you.

This long explanation of omniscience seems appropriate for another part of this experiment.

The example situation and all of it’s variations provided in the previous paragraph can be experienced from any perspective, location, angle and visual spectrum at the same time by a being with omnipresence. This ability lets you be anywhere and everywhere at the same time. You can be throwing the baseball, watching it being thrown, catching it, being the ball as it was thrown and being the guy who was hit in the head by the said ball because you decided not to catch it. Backed up with your omniscience you have the knowledge experience of doing all those things in previous sentence that is not limited to touch, smell, sight, emotion and force of impact. This fact applies to everything mentioned before. You are a child crying for milk in France, you are the ant eating a leaf in a rain forest, you are the bacteria inside the ant, digesting the leaf, you are the sun of distant galaxy, you are also on the surface of that sun swimming in the plasma …nuff said.

The above mentioned abilities of omnipresence and omnipotence make you the ultimate observer of existence, but what is the point of knowing the contents of a book without the ability to rewrite any and all parts of it. Omnipotence is the power to influence anything to any degree. Create anything from anything, something from nothing, nothing from something. Create biblical Adam and Eve in the garden, destroy the universe and create new one, turn someone’s Coke in to Pepsi, put pasta into the pockets of every person in the Vatican and change Earth’s oceans into Sriracha hot sauce. You got the ultimate cheat code for the ultimate cheat code of the universe.

Once again, please imagine yourself as the god. You are the master of omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence. You can see, know and do anything and everything you want for as long as you want limited only by your limitless imagination. Except that when combined, your omniscience and omnipresence compound on one another giving you the limitless sensation of already doing, seeing, being everything you can and cannot imagine. Every limitless interpolation of everything is within your mind. Imagine if you will a black dot on a white sheet of paper. You can see the dot, the whole dot. It is just a dot, there is nothing special about it. You can not look anywhere else except for the dot and paper because there is nothing else, so it is always in your view, every since nano-meter of the dot. This said dot is a metaphor for your omniscient knowledge. Now imagine yourself being in a room with a red button you can press that makes the “ding” sound when pressed. All you can do is press the button and nothing else (only for the purpose of the metaphor). Will you press the button? You can press the said button infinite amount of times and hear the ding limitless amount of times but you also have the knowledge of what would happen if you do so and knowledge of experience pressing the button infinite amount of times as well as the same for not pressing the button for infinite amount of time.

At this point i would like to apologize for using so many examples but i feel like i need to include them to assure the maximum understanding of this information. The point of this long explanation is to counter the most common of comments any one mind can come up with, such as, but also not limited to: “Well if i am god ill just create trillions of video game designers and play new video games for eternity”. “Well if i am god i will make sure my most favorite anime, manga or movies have infinite amounts of episodes and sequels so i can always enjoy it and see continued adventures of my favorite characters.” “i don’t care if i have knowledge of eating pizza billion times before, ill just do it because i am bored and just feel like it”

“”My personal theory is that “god” referenced from any and all religious texts and concepts, in his infinite infinity would simply exist in the universe without ever taking any action. If god is aware of itself or even has a consciousness i would theorize that the only course of action that should be taken is to leave existence the instant one becomes god. If god is eternal then i would assume (with no evidence) then after leaving existence the process would reverse and bring god back into existence resulting in an endless cycles or a proverbial power switch being flipped on and off nonstop. Once again, this is just my personal thought projection.””

We are now ready for our thought experiment.

You are now god. You are omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. What do you do? And if you do something, what is the point of doing?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'd get you a girl friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: elephantstone
I'd get you a girl friend.

Too funny.

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: elephantstone

....thank you ...so much ...can i has 2?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

First, as an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being, I would have already known about particles and gravity, because I was the one who made them and their behavior.

Second, I wouldn't be limited to the human mind.

Third, I would already be in the paper, as omnipresence.

Fourth, as I am omnipresent then the universe and the world has me in everything.

Fifth, the red button is not infinite. And as the omniscience and omnipotent, the button would do what I want it to do because I control the red button and the ding. (buttons are not toys, Zaphod Beetlebrox)

Sixth, tribbles are not binary twins and the answer is not 42.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's already all over. It was over the moment it began.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I would like for you to imagine yourself as the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent creator.

We all already are. Due to the internet we can see everything everywhere, and hear everything every one is saying about it.

For most of history, seeing and knowing was limited to the speed of the fastest horse.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I would like for you to imagine yourself as the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent creator.

We all already are. Due to the internet we can see everything everywhere, and hear everything every one is saying about it.

For most of history, seeing and knowing was limited to the speed of the fastest horse.

As long as you pay the electric and internet bills.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Strip away all of my powers so I can actually enjoy my existence. Have you ever played a video game with cheat codes? You quickly lose interest. Challenge and progress are what makes things worthwhile. If you are just handed everything you want, it has no value to you.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Yes, the "Omnipre$ent" Bills. To be true, I don't even own a computer.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This seems like a Tulpa experiment!

I shall not partake sadly...
I'd say have at it...

But I'm not going to be assisting people's downfall!

Be careful folks, especially if you're trying to create something omnipotent!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's already all over. It was over the moment it began.

Are we allowed to do the....hahahahhahahahahaha thing?

Bwahahaha.....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Yes, the "Omnipre$ent" Bills. To be true, I don't even own a computer.

Hey, did I just hear a prophetic utterance to bet on the Bills this football season?

Oh, that was the revelation I just got...perhaps Eli has a chance this year.

I always root for the underdog.
edit on 9/2/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Nah, no prophecy about sports here.

But Everyone will be (Omni)present, they will all know the score (Omniscient) and only one will win (Omnipotent).

Thas 'cuz TeeVee. (everywhere, all at once)
edit on 2-9-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: WarminIndy

Nah, no prophecy about sports here.

But Everyone will be (Omni)present, they will all know the score (Omniscient) and only one will win (Omnipotent).

Thas 'cuz TeeVee. (everywhere, all at once)

But no one bets on what they do know already (that's cheating), they bet on what they believe will happen. They haven't seen it yet....

I don't have a t.v. so I won't be watching.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If i were as you described i would do nothing and everything at the same moment.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The flip side of being all present is to be all non present. To be in a state of here and not at the same time. In other words Id be able to choose where I am and choose to not be omnipresent if I desire. I could choose to be where I want and stay there. I could be everywhere but id only choose to be in one place. Maybe people already choose to just be in one place. Maybe they dont know they can move another because they chose to forget. Choosing to know all I can choose to know none or some in order to learn all over again. One can recall the all at any time though if I remember they can. I would help people and make them happy and safe from harm but not free from all harm if there was no harm in some level none would know how safe they really are in safety. I would make it better than it is safer than it is happier than it is. A world better more loving and accepting than this one. I would not ask for worship but friendships and a lover.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I would never attempt to imagine that I am the Almighty God of this universe, or as I like to call Him... The LORD Jesus Christ. First of all it takes an arrogance of unimaginable size and scope to think that one could even begin to comprehend His glory and perfection, and second it is an exercise in futility because our puny, sinful, three dimensional minds can't begin to fathom Him in His eternal existence.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well so far maybe one or two replies that are interesting. I was trying to deduce for myself that if there is a god, we should not consider him all knowing. All knowing = omniscience which would let god know the result of doing anything. Maybe if it was like "Morgan Freeman" god from movie "Bruce Almighty" who can pull up any information he wants just by wanting it or predict of some specified events in advance. That kind of deity is actually pretty cool to have. But yeah, i just do not think omniscience can be stacked up against anything happening in the world. Unless god is just a scientist running a simulation using a "god" made universe to see how young civilizations behave, then the idea of alternate reality or parallel universe makes total sense. Why run just 1 simulation when you can run as many as your limits permit?

Also thanks for the comment OptimusSubprime but i still want to imagine, because free will, and i want to question everything, because free will =). I understand you consider it takes arrogance to question things. Somehow i do not consider myself arrogant, not sure which part of bible you got this part from.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

Then why did you post here if you didn't want to play along?

Yeah, sure its hard to imagine accurately something beyond someone's own abilities but not impossible to imagine a representation of it. Its more arrogant to act sure of if there is a god or not and how this god works.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join