It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusion..All who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Rustami
Scripture, and your Jesus visitor, both said to believe in Him and live. They said NOTHING about judging the souls of others and assuming they are lost.

BTW - what I said is true, you aren't the only one who has had visitations from Heaven. And yes .. I know something greater than judgmentalism. It's called LOVE - I know not to judge the souls others and to leave that to God.

You love God and want everyone to as well. Great. I know that fever well. Here's the thing ... (and I did the same darn thing for years) ... tossing scripture quotes out left and right doesn't bring people to God. Know what does? LOVE. The minute you judge someone, you have lost the chance to show them God's love. Only God's love will bring people to Him. That's it.

Now .. would you like to take back the false accusation of 'multiple lies'?
I will, of course, forgive and forget.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
My bet is he didn't hear Jesus but the one whoeth one shouldn'teth be namedeth. ( heck I love talking 1800's style)
You know Lucy.
Just because a voice told you it was jesus doesn't mean it was and the way you judge is more Satan like then god like.
edit on 2-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You gave me two bible verses but this verse I'm going to paste is more powerful than your two previous ones.

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." Deuteronomy 22:28-29
edit on 2-9-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Love rejoices in the truth. Yes and "live" that's the truth- what He said. You see? Lie? The love for people?

John 3 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Revelation 21 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"Jesus!!!!!!!!!"

So... am I saved yet?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not judging others and leaving it to God IS loving them. Showing them the mercy and love of God IS loving them. Saying people are going to hell if they don't believe exactly like you is not love.

I take it you aren't going to apologize for falsely accusing me of lies. That's on your soul.

It's impossible to have a conversation when one side just spits out bits and pieces of bible scripture and nothing else. Therefore this attempt at conversation is finished.

I said /DONE & OUT once before but got sucked back in.
This time it's for sure. /DONE and OUT.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
K, I'm done with this game. Clearly the OP has an agenda, and is not here for an ACTUAL discussion.

Don't choke on the Cool Aid, buddy.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I know the feeling

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah man, He just stopped by my place on his way home from the OP's house. Judging by his reaction.....

I'd say you're good to go, bro!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just wanted to tell everyone that today at 3:25pm Jesus came to visit me and told me that he is not real.

I know it doesn't make sense but this thread doesn't make sense to me either.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Sent you a private message regarding your visitation. Im interested in hearing more.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Get off your high horse. IF there is a god, he's laughing his ass off at all of you religious nuts.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Im not sure why eveyone is so up tight here. The OP simply stated that salvation comes by believing that Jesus died for our sins. That does happen to be the overall message of the Bible. If you dont like it, dont read the bible.

As far as the claim that Jesus visited the OP, Im not going to pass judgement. My wife's grandfather was visited by an angel who told him to believe on Jesus. From that day forward, his life was changed. My brother-in-law was miraculously healed of a skeletal deformaty through prayer in Jesus' name. Ive experienced paranormal spiritual warfare myself. The fact is, things happen that cannot be explained. The OP's experience further corroborates the central theme of these events: that all things will be made subject to Jesus. Those who believe will be saved, those who do not believe have been judged already, from the foundation of the universe.

If angels, or even Jesus Himself can visit men, then what prevents Him from visiting those who seek the truth in the most remote parts of the world? God calls who He chooses, for they are His sheep and recongize His calling. It doesnt matter how geographically isolated a person may be, the gospel is spread according to God's will, not man's.
edit on 2-9-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I won't say it's impossible that Jesus visited you but for you to have been visited by an entity claming he is Jesus is actually more probable. Been schizophrenic is even more probable but I will not judge you on something I don't know.

Where you are really losing me is all those Bible verses...

The bible is much more a fabrication of people wanting to control others than being a book from God.
There is absolutely nothing justifiable by the bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"exactly like you"

When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John8

John 8 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The fundamental flaw in your conclusion from your titles statement is “what is “calling” on the name of Jesus mean.In Roman 10:13 and Acts 2:21 the word translated calling is epikaleō ....to put a name upon,to invoke
from Joel 2:32 in Hebrew it is shem(name).... to call upon a name. ....or... qara ..to proclaim

The action of call at is core is a proclamation to invoke.A name is the nature and character of the thing or person named.
The name Jesus is a transliteration of the Latin Iesus the transliteration of the Greek Iesous the translation of the Hebrew/Aramaic Yahoshua. ....which means Yahweh(the creator God the Father) is salvation/deliverance.

Saying or “calling” the name Jesus means nothing.There is nothing miraculous or magical or mystic about saying or calling it.First because it is a twice transliterated word and has no meaning in and of itself.Yahoshua is the NAME (the nature and charcther) of the Son of the creator God.Yahoshuas purpose is to ‘call upon his name”….to deliver … to save…ALL of mankind will call upon the name of Yahoshua.
You quoted a signoficant proclamation:

“God has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee will bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;And that EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

The sole purpose of all the scriptures is as a testimony that testifies of Yahoshua...the Son of the creator God the Father....the savor..of ALL of mankind....end of book.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He did'nt say if you type with your fingers my name

Lol?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Can you stop saying Flyer is a liar please....If so back it up or I will report you.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Incorrect and am fully aware of your argument. We are speaking in english here so to speak and Jesus just as the spelling sounds is exactly how He said it in english. The pronunciation of the J sound and it's history is fascinating as if it makes a difference to me

"And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born? Acts2

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans10

edit on 2-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami
a reply to: Rex282

Incorrect and am fully aware of your argument. We are speaking in english here so to speak and Jesus just as the spelling sounds is exactly how He said it in english. The pronunciation of the J sound and it's history is fascinating as if it makes a difference to me

"And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born? Acts2

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

You missed the point because you are incorrect.I said NOTHING about how it is said or spelled or the letter “I” you are extrapolating (just like you have done in every post you have made so far) what YOU want to believe because of your personal agenda.

The NAME of Yahoshua(not Jesus) is the NAME (nature and character of the creator God i n this case) above every name.It is what the “word” means….Yahweh(the creator God ) IS salvation deliverance for ALL of mankind (and creation) because that is their NATURE and character.

Quoting scriptures to make a point about things you know nothing about is futility.This has been pointed out to you numerous times yet you can’t hear common reason.The fact is you are incorrect.Your methods are ineffective and in vain.

edit on 2-9-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join