It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incarcerated For Writing Science Fiction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: boncho

a reply to: Char-Lee

23 and he has a bunch of teaching awards? I think if my child was in the school and I read the teachers book I would worry. How to deal with such things is becoming more difficult, what if you do nothing and the boy is a nut good teacher or not?

Are you being sarcastic or is getting awards a bad thing now? How to deal with such things as freedom of speech? Yeah, super difficult, because there are people in positions of power that should be slapped silly.

Nearly every piece of fiction 13+ (you'd be amazed at what fits into that category as well) has things happen in it, that are not appropriate or are not suitable in a school setting, or would result in some kind of criminal charge had the authors done the same as their characters in the books.

But hey, they are BLOODY BOOKS, or did someone forget that?

Guess you didn't read the article or any others either like so many here, he was nominated for Teacher of the Year, he did not win, there was no "awards" he was noted in a newspaper for helping a kid publish..does that count as numerous awards. Why is it you always fail to read my posts accurately before launching attacks??

PS READ my posts, I said what I would FEEL as a parent not what should be done nor what is right!

Did I mention any "awards" in my post? No. I didn't. I simply pointed out that annoying thing called -freedom of speech- which protects fiction, and also the fact that any fiction is rarely suitable if acted out in real life.

Hum then who said this?

Are you being sarcastic or is getting awards a bad thing now?

And someone starred your post for what? You and everyone else is ignoring the facts that they said the books have nothing to do with the whole thing except later when they believed there may be relevant information in his stories.No one seems interested in the facts that the story seems to be all misconstrued just to incite anger! people are so eager to have a reason to be angry I guess.

Right, I see. Okay so he should be crucified because he was nominated for an award and didn't receive it. My mistake.

What?

Its not about whether or not it was justified anymore because half the justification was them leaking information to the press. The officials in charge of the investigation were running their own agenda and did not have the teacher, nor the school, nor anyone but themselves in mind when handling this. OR mishandling, I should say...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't care if he did write an emotional 4 page letter of resignation. The fact of the matter is they went after this guy for a thought crime.

Writing a 4 page bitchfit is no reason to throw somebody in for psych eval. Lauryn Hill ranted about the PTB going after her for a convoluted Tax law (making you pay taxes when you live in another country and earning in said country) and the judge threw her in the psych ward for a trial about taxes! These types of incidents are setting bad precedents in the USA. If somebody says something the court or law enforcement don't like, its a defamation of character. They really got nothing on this guy. So now they are digging back into his past, insinuating he is a pedeophile. So in public opinion, he's now a child predator, even though the person in question could be 17 and he 18 and happened in college. The DA is releasing information to ensure that when they finally let him go, and he goes to sue, there will be no juror tainted by details in the case.

The people investigating have changed their story almost daily to fit their purpose.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One side of me says:
"anyone who writes Naruto fan-fiction at 23 has no taste and nothing to live for, making them somewhat dangerous"

another side of me says:
"over-reaction, systemic issue within government on issues of security, possibly justified depending on the content of the piece, and/or concerns by the exact office/agency that arrested him."

edit on 3-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

4 page letter of resignation

Half truths, partial truths..ok run with it...I am out.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

a reply to: boncho

Four pages and we have no idea what they say why don't we just wait before passing judgement on whether they should not have given him psychiatric care and removed him from the classroom etc?

We can easily pass judgement on the way it was handled by the prosecutor who has a history of persecuting people without proper justification, who's not only stepped outside the law but does so to push his own career, using people and the media like tools for his own ends.

This is the problem.

If it was handled correctly half the discussion wouldnt be here in this thread, because it would be disseminated to the public properly.

They claim they "knew about the authorship of the book" back in 2010. But if the book isnt relevant, and writing fiction doesnt land someone on a watch list, why did they "know about it" in 2010? And if they knew about it how do they claim it has nothing to do with the case of him being arrested.

And why conveniently is he being accused pf being a pedophile once they searched his home and work and realized he wasnt a threat?

This case is an absolute mess and a perfect example of how people abuse their power for their own means and ends.
edit on 3-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The consciousness of our society has been compromised. Society here has become infiltrated by the insane at high levels and these insane people think they are right. The numbers are growing.

Couldn't agree.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not really sure why his skill (or lack thereof) as a writer has to do with the story? On the other hand, a world in which we can have someone thrown off the property for doing a half-ass job sounds pretty good to me. Is there some baseline criteria we can use for actuaries, bureaucrats, office-drones and other functionaries? It's so hard to find an online critique of most peoples "work" these days.

Maybe we should concern ourselves with his purported value as an educator, because that is the job these simpering morons are threatening here. If anything, this will be GOOD for his "writing" career.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is right up there with the kindergartener who was suspended for saying she was going to bring in her bubble gun and they could shoot bubbles at each other.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

originally posted by: rickymouse
The consciousness of our society has been compromised. Society here has become infiltrated by the insane at high levels and these insane people think they are right. The numbers are growing.

Couldn't agree.

That is kind of open ended, more or less.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm on the side that thinks that writing naruto fan fiction should land you in the harshest of re-education camps. Maybe thats what the fema camps are really for, and if that's the case i've suddenly changed my stance on them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join