It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incarcerated For Writing Science Fiction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yes text book not textbook. Meaning that it is a book made up mostly of text and not pictures or comics.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yes text book not textbook. Meaning that it is a book made up mostly of text and not pictures or comics.

Ah... thanks, sorry miss read.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What is really going on in America? Is this another social experiment? I would have to say perhaps so, on several fronts.

The idea that a Black Author is getting this type of treatment for writing in the Naruto cannon raises my eyebrow. Naruto is popular, yes, but its not like a big book by any means. Maybe this is a corporation ploy to force you to see the future only from their properties. If Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner books, The Strain Trilogy, and all of those haven't provoked an outcry, why this one? The Basketball Diaries, The Turner Diaries were all more damning than this work, and probably more descriptive and entertaining.

What we know is, this dude was taken into custody, but not arrested, and forced into psych eval, while his school was placed on militarized lock down complete with bomb dogs. What image now is ingrained in those kids heads? Will they be indoctrinated into propaganda that their black teacher was a terrorist? The parents are jumping aboard this madness, "to protect the children".

Note everytime something is passed in America, its "to protect the children".

He may sue and get nothing. Teaching career is over. His picture is now passed to all local law enforcement, so now they will watch and scrutinize him. Officials have raided his house, and taken his laptop and probably other writing notes. If he goes down for this, then Rockstar Games should go down for GTA and Bully.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Naruto had never complained about it, to be frank Hinata’s boobjobs more than made up for it, and in his mind she would always be superior to any other female, even Lady Lilith, but he would never get between Hinata and what she wanted, so he leaned back and watched as Hinata used as much saliva as she could to make sure he was well and truly lubricated.

Sounds like a lemon to me. I warned you guys, destroy him while you can contain the damage.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: ArchPlayer

But those stories aren't what got him in trouble. Everyone and their brother seems to write fanfiction these days. So that's whatever (could have picked a better anime than dragonballz 2.0 though...). We need to look at what got him in trouble, which is the two books I posted earlier in the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree, my point exactly, but the demon brat I'm thinking really was a demon. It's Naruto. Naruto has crazy ish in it like that.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

How many times do I have to tell you? He wasn't suspended for writing Naruto Fanfiction. Even the article you originally linked spells that out quite clearly. He got in trouble for two pieces of fiction set in the future on planet earth (not the naruto universe), in America about the worst school massacre ever and maybe an imminent second one (and judging by the synopsis of the sequel suggests that it happens).

Here is the synopsis of the first book:

On 18 March 2902, a massacre transpired on the campus of Ocean Park High School, claiming the lives of nine hundred forty-seven individuals--the largest school massacre in the nation's history. And the entire country now begins to ask two daunting questions: How? and Why? After the federal government becomes involved, and after examining the bouquet of black roses that lies in front of the school's sign, it becomes evident that the hysteria is far from over.

Eight hundred twenty-five kilometres north of Ocean Park High School, situated in the suburbs of Phantom Park, Pacifica, is Krossephire Technical Academy. Having a student population that exceeds nineteen thousand, it is the nation's largest school. Krossephire is known as a very structured, academically superior institution with very minor problems. At least, that was before the threats began.

After Krossephire Tech begins receiving sinister threats foreshadowing the occurrence of a massacre substantially larger than that of Ocean Park, Agent Jessica Leigh Hearn and her federal investigative unit become involved and the severity of the situation only intensifies as they pursue a dangerous and intelligent killer who is as invisible as the government agency they work for.

Amid the hysteria that inescapably follows, Keith, Nick, and Mitchel--three twelfth-year students at Krossephire Tech--intervene after Mitchel overhears a confidential conversation. As the administrative effort to conceal the terrorising occurrences rapidly begins to fail, the three begin to conduct their own amateur investigation that ultimately puts them into serious conflict with the federal government, the Krossephire administration, as well as themselves. Simultaneously, Jessica and her team discover that the events of Ocean Park and Krossephire Tech are interrelated. And as they follow the trail of black roses, they learn an interesting yet appalling story--a parallel of the shooter's identity. And as Nick, Keith, and Mitchel struggle to survive their slowly deteriorating school, this teenage executioner makes known that he is not like typical school assassins. He is not a copycat killer. He is not a psychologically unstable maniac. He is intelligent and knows how to kill silently and without detection. His victims are not selected at random. He is after someone--and he will stop at nothing until he is face-to-face with the one person to whom he owes much retribution. However, he will not distinguish between those he hunts and those who get in his way.

See nothing about Naruto in there.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Naruto had never complained about it, to be frank Hinata’s boobjobs more than made up for it, and in his mind she would always be superior to any other female, even Lady Lilith, but he would never get between Hinata and what she wanted, so he leaned back and watched as Hinata used as much saliva as she could to make sure he was well and truly lubricated.

Sounds like a lemon to me. I warned you guys, destroy him while you can contain the damage.

Nobody is bringing nor investigating the sexual innuendoes. Literally they are looking at him for the school shooting part. If they bother to read it, and they see it and they don't say anything about it, then they are REALLY after something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My goodness!

I had knee-jerked his story was explaining the science that occurred one september morning!

on another note...

seeding the mind is a huge responsibility?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

He's a teacher. I would hope the school was diligent enough to process his background before they hired him. Applying to become a teacher in a school district is a reason to check someone out. Writing a science fiction book is not.

What was done to this man was wrong and is unfortunately becoming the norm in a paranoid society.

Also...it's not quite the same as having a smoke detector in your home. This scenario would be more like the state coming after you because you have a lighter in your pocket. Maybe you'll set your house on fire!
Who knows. Better safe than sorry. Right?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

How many times do I have to tell you? He wasn't suspended for writing Naruto Fanfiction. Even the article you originally linked spells that out quite clearly. He got in trouble for two pieces of fiction set in the future on planet earth (not the naruto universe), in America about the worst school massacre ever and maybe an imminent second one (and judging by the synopsis of the sequel suggests that it happens).

Here is the synopsis of the first book:

On 18 March 2902, a massacre transpired on the campus of Ocean Park High School, claiming the lives of nine hundred forty-seven individuals--the largest school massacre in the nation's history. And the entire country now begins to ask two daunting questions: How? and Why? After the federal government becomes involved, and after examining the bouquet of black roses that lies in front of the school's sign, it becomes evident that the hysteria is far from over.

Eight hundred twenty-five kilometres north of Ocean Park High School, situated in the suburbs of Phantom Park, Pacifica, is Krossephire Technical Academy. Having a student population that exceeds nineteen thousand, it is the nation's largest school. Krossephire is known as a very structured, academically superior institution with very minor problems. At least, that was before the threats began.

After Krossephire Tech begins receiving sinister threats foreshadowing the occurrence of a massacre substantially larger than that of Ocean Park, Agent Jessica Leigh Hearn and her federal investigative unit become involved and the severity of the situation only intensifies as they pursue a dangerous and intelligent killer who is as invisible as the government agency they work for.

Amid the hysteria that inescapably follows, Keith, Nick, and Mitchel--three twelfth-year students at Krossephire Tech--intervene after Mitchel overhears a confidential conversation. As the administrative effort to conceal the terrorising occurrences rapidly begins to fail, the three begin to conduct their own amateur investigation that ultimately puts them into serious conflict with the federal government, the Krossephire administration, as well as themselves. Simultaneously, Jessica and her team discover that the events of Ocean Park and Krossephire Tech are interrelated. And as they follow the trail of black roses, they learn an interesting yet appalling story--a parallel of the shooter's identity. And as Nick, Keith, and Mitchel struggle to survive their slowly deteriorating school, this teenage executioner makes known that he is not like typical school assassins. He is not a copycat killer. He is not a psychologically unstable maniac. He is intelligent and knows how to kill silently and without detection. His victims are not selected at random. He is after someone--and he will stop at nothing until he is face-to-face with the one person to whom he owes much retribution. However, he will not distinguish between those he hunts and those who get in his way.

See nothing about Naruto in there.

Did you read the excerpts posted? They are from his books, and the character's name is Naruto. Indeed they are fan fictions.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't care if he slaughtered a dozen innocent children. That fic is crime enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't know where those excerpts came from, but the books that were mentioned in the article I posted

Dr. K.S. Voltaer is better known by some in Dorchester County as Patrick McLaw, or even Patrick Beale. Not only was he a teacher at Mace's Lane Middle School in Cambridge, but according to Dorchester Sheriff James Phillips, McLaw is also the author of two books: "The Insurrectionist" and its sequel, "Lillith's Heir."
link

named the two books I linked on page 2, which ARE NOT Naruto fanfiction. Please go back and reread all the posts I made in this thread. I'm trying to help develop the situation for you, but you are either ignoring all my posts or are skimming over the content. I have gone back and edited just about all of them too.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

I don't care if he slaughtered a dozen innocent children. That fic is crime enough.

Still, we can't condemn him because he likes crappy anime. I love Sailor Moon but we all know, or at least should know that it is loaded with underage Lesbo action yet heavily edited in the States for content. I grew up watching that in the morning and didn't discover the sexual nuances about it until buying the box set as an adult. Is Sailor Moon cheezy, hell yes. Would I write a fan fiction about it, maybe? Is it bad, hell yes. Guilty pleasure though.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't know where those excerpts came from, but the books that were mentioned in the article I posted

Dr. K.S. Voltaer is better known by some in Dorchester County as Patrick McLaw, or even Patrick Beale. Not only was he a teacher at Mace's Lane Middle School in Cambridge, but according to Dorchester Sheriff James Phillips, McLaw is also the author of two books: "The Insurrectionist" and its sequel, "Lillith's Heir."
link

named the two books I linked on page 2, which ARE NOT Naruto fanfiction. Please go back and reread all the posts I made in this thread. I'm trying to help develop the situation for you, but you are either ignoring all my posts or are skimming over the content. I have gone back and edited just about all of them too.

Chapter 1: Lilith's Heir Volume 2

Chapter 1: Conversion of two pure souls “Snicker Damn that was easy, why the hell couldn’t that have been the original genin exam, I’d have aced it years ago!” Naruto snickered to himself as he landed in the clearing that Mizuki-sensei had told him about earlier that day, Naruto was still high on his victory over the old man Hokage, having knocked him out with one shot using his patented ‘sexy jutsu’, to be honest Naruto was kinda surprised that the old guy had had that much blood in him to spare. ‘Now let’s see here,’ he thought as he opened up the large scroll that he had pilfered by Mizuki-sensei’s orders, only to be shocked and dismayed by the first jutsu on the large list, “What! Not more clones! Aww, that’s my worst ju ... tsuuu,” Naruto trailed off after being hit in the back of the neck and knocked out. “Hehehehe, it’s time I finally got rid of you demon brat,” Mizuki muttered as he stood over Naruto’s unconscious body after he had taken a quick second glance at the scroll that Orochimaru-Sama had given him, Mizuki had been planning to abandon Konoha for a while now, he just needed an appropriate scapegoat to cover for his escape, man was he glad that he had been placed as the sensei of Naruto’s class, the brat was the perfect diversion and thanks to just about every teacher in the academy he was a lot more gullible than he really should have been. “Ha, they should thank me for getting rid of you demon brat, just be grateful that I’m gonna be sending you back where you belong,” he gloated as he pricked his finger before going through a series of nine hand seals then slamming his bloody hand on the ground, “Summoning Jutsu: Rashomon,” he said as the jutsu activated, summoning a ten foot tall solid steel door (Mizuki doesn’t have the reserves to call a hell’s gate at full size), Mizuki went through several more hand seals, stopping on ram, before saying, “Rashomon ... Open,” causing the various locks on the front of the gate to disengage before the large doors swung outward showing Mizuki the hellish nightmare within, unfortunately, though spooked, it didn’t really faze him. Naruto was just starting to come around when he felt someone pick up his limp form by the back of his jacket, though the howling coming from the open gate brought him to full awareness quickly, unfortunately not quickly enough as he came around just in time to see who had thrown him into the depths of hell, his cry of “Why Mizuki-sensei, why,” was ignored by all but one person within earshot, Hinata. “No, Naruto-kun!” She cried out as she broke cover at a full sprint toward the gate, Mizuki saw that she didn’t really notice him at the moment and seeing as her going to hell would really only get rid of a demon-lover he didn’t bother to stop her from throwing herself in after Naruto.

Note, the character NARUTO. This is an excerpt from the book. Looks Naruto to me. Nobody even uses those names like Mizuki-Sensei, Naruto, demon brat unless they are writing Naruto. I asked you did you see this, and you said I was ignoring you.
edit on 2-9-2014 by ArchPlayer because: Bad English

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
How's he ever supposed to be able to find a decent teaching job ever again?

Well, there's always countries like the Philippines. Places like that aren't as picky.

Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah, I do have thoughts about this type of 'arrest and remove the little guy' while the really bad big guys go unmolested by the law of the land - hows that!

It gets me every time I see someone doing something that is innocent but closely resembling something that the authorities get away with regularly - its as though they can't stand anyone in the public domain having the ideas that they actually act on.

We have this dreadful incident going on in the UK where parents in charge of a little soul with a brain tumour left the hospital and took their son abroad in order to get proton treatment which zaps tumours accurately, which we don't appear to have on offer in the UK. The parents were locked up in a jail and the little one was all alone in a strange hospital and not allowed any visitors until his brother kept pestering them to see the little one - how cruel is that? but thats the UK today no parential rights if you don't do the thing the institutes of this land demand you do…

Big brother swings into action for the slightest thing for the public but not for the unmentionables.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am confused on why it matters whether it was naturo fanfiction or not, or whether or not it was good? I like super-cheesy scifi movies (think Sharktopus) and horror novels such as Stephen King. Yes, I've read Rage.
Better call 911 because who knows what i'm capable of.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoherentlyConfused
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

He's a teacher. I would hope the school was diligent enough to process his background before they hired him. Applying to become a teacher in a school district is a reason to check someone out. Writing a science fiction book is not.

What was done to this man was wrong and is unfortunately becoming the norm in a paranoid society.

Also...it's not quite the same as having a smoke detector in your home. This scenario would be more like the state coming after you because you have a lighter in your pocket. Maybe you'll set your house on fire!
Who knows. Better safe than sorry. Right?

Teachers have molested children after passing their background check. Does that mean they didn't molest the kids? Of course not. Situations change. He has a questionable hobby and should be checked out. If he's not doing anything wrong he should return to work. Again this is an overreaction. But it still should be checked out.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

I can tell you, if he wrote the fanfiction, its horrible. Think every Naruto Fanfiction Cliche ever.

What ever you do don't google Naruto fanfiction cliches.
edit on 2-9-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

DONT GOOGLE IT
edit on 2-9-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

link

Ok here is the issue I think we are having. Apparently the Naruto heads are saying the works are in the Naruto canon. Others unfamiliar with the book are saying it is an independent story. McLaw has been known to put up sample chapters on Ficwiz and other sites to test material out. So without reading it, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm wrong. I know nothing personal of Naruto as I personally can't stand the cartoon and that is enough for me. Have never read a book, nor a comic, so I can't tell you where McLaw was/is going with that.

Until somebody reads it, we are left in a blank as to fan fiction or not fan fiction on content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join