It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My trip to Ferguson & Guilt by association...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: Taggart
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

No not the american civil war, just Slavery in general.
I don't remember the part of History where whites were shackled and sold off to the highest black bidder.

You're just making yourself look stupid now. There were plenty of whites used as slaves. I have to start my day now but I'll give you examples when I get back.

Reading comprehension? we are talking race right?
Where did I say there were no white slaves?

I said I
"I don't remember the part of History where whites were shackled and sold off to the highest black bidder."

I look forward to your links.

I read exactly what you wrote, but in a hurry, I cut myself short in my reply. My reading comprehension is fine, thank you.

I don't know if you've ever heard of the Barbary Slave trade but over a million whites were slaves to North African Muslims. This is mostly overlooked today though, as not many people have ever heard of it.

Some History
edit on 9/2/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: Taggart

I mean Racist blacks and racist whites are both the same.

Society treats racist whites and racist blacks very differently.

A racist white person can't be openly racist without facing criticism from society as being ignorant and backwards. A racist black person gets a pass on it the vast majority of the time with nobody saying anything about it. Like its almost expected.

Society shouldn't treat them differently..

The last part is easy to say as a white guy in my opinion and dare I say heavily biased having never been black.

There is no way it is getting worse though, things are maybe getting more EVEN not worse, I mean got back a couple of hundred years, that was a race war and one side lost badly.

If you're referring to the American Civil war there were whites and blacks (yes there were many blacks that fought for the Confederacy.) on both sides of that conflict. Hard to call it one race versus the other when all sides are fighting and killing each other.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
wrong thread

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I went to a high school that was about 80/20 ratio..whites being the 20%. Trust me. I know my way around racism

If thats true and you've been exposed to such racism then it seems odd to me that you went there thinking that you were somehow going to be friends immediately with all the black people in Ferguson. I think you should have expected their response.

I did not however expect to be harrased by the police for my views... NOT THE POLICE OF FERGUSON....

Police harassment seems a given response when you think about it. Seeing as how this whole thing started because of the actions of the Ferguson police. Do you really think they would welcome your cameras with open arms seeing as you were there to "document" them?

And no I will continue in my search to lay the racism in ME to rest.

A noble if unrealistic notion good luck with that.

We the People need to fight the establishment...not each other. As long as we do fight amongst ourselves, the establishment has no worries what so ever.

I agree. However human nature being what it is I guess only time will tell. Personally, I don't have as much faith in the human race as you seem to.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Actually the way you come across...your what I'm trying not to be. Which is a backward arse southerner with archaic views of race relations. With your attitude we go no where. So I will continue to change myself ( for the better) and try to lay waste to the racism that lies within and around my life. I'll try to do it with honor & honesty......you do know what honor is correct? It's doing the right thing...when nobody's looking. Peace...OYM1262 a reply to: Cancerwarrior

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Actually the way you come across...your what I'm trying not to be. Which is a backward arse southerner with archaic views of race relations.

Yeah I get that alot with Early Cuyler as my avatar. Believe it or not I am not racist, just notice what others around me will not. Can't help but call it like I see it.

So I will continue to change myself ( for the better) and try to lay waste to the racism that lies within and around my life.

Like I said good luck with that. Sounds like a naive "Pollyana" notion to me.

you do know what honor is correct? It's doing the right thing...when nobody's looking.

And yet look at the results of your trip to Ferguson to do the "honorable" thing.

Honor to you sounds like dumbfounded pride to me. But hey, whatever makes you feel better.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You would'nt know honor if it knocked on your door then slapped you across the face and knocked your dentures out. I'll stick with my "polly anna" (two words) attitude toward race relations VS living in the damn past. Your avatar had zero to do with me calling you out as a racist.....your OWN words do a damn fine job of that. Again, Peace OYM1262......Was gonna edit...but your just not worth my time. But I will......No I dont beleive you..not at all, in the slightest.reply to: Cancerwarrior

edit on 2-9-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
LOL

I'm sorry but I gotta laugh at the chicken littles of "the coming race war."

More folks are boning each other from different backgrounds than ever before.

Sure there will always be racist douche bags, forever.

Hate corrodes the soul.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You would'nt know honor if it knocked on your door then slapped you across the face and knocked your dentures out.

Well that's a little presumptious don't you think? Totally easy to see why the cops responded the way they did to you. You were lucky all they did was confiscate your gadgets. Hopefully you won't get the crap beat out of ya next time you have some lofty ideal of serving your fellow man and are stupid enough to tell the cops about it. (For a bunch of people who did'nt want your "help" anyways.)

Sorry buddy, but you're the one who made a thread about how you were being mistreated and all I said is you should have expected it. So go ahead and call me racist if it makes you feel better about your whole ordeal being nobodys fault but your own.

Your avatar had zero to do with me calling you out as a racist.....your OWN words do a damn fine job of that.

Actually I've said nothing racist at all. You yourself said its not worth the time to copy paste anything racist I've said. You just see a rebel flag on the hat so it makes sense right? Get over yourself already.

All I said was there is a strong tribal mentality in humans as a whole. Hell just look at how people are about their football teams. Religion, Politics, its everywhere in life because that's human nature, good luck trying to change that with your noble dreams or whatever.

Funny how all that peace and love and get along crap that you supposedly went to Ferguson to preach gets thrown right out the window when its with a person who has a differing opinion other than yours. I thought you were an idealist? Would you still call me racist if I told you my mom was half black? LMAO! Us creoles have every color people in us. You know nothing at all but your own built up stereotypes and preconceived notions of what racism is. You say you were raised around it yet Ferguson was a shock to you? Whatever.So go ahead and call me a racist, I can call you a big dummy for telling the cops what you were there for.

So in the meantime, I think the lesson we all learned here today is don't tell the friggin cops that you're there to document a protest and then come on ATS to make a sympathy whine thread about their heavy handed response that should have been expected by you. Peace out homie.

edit on 3-9-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Take a course in reading comprehension. I never told a soul why we went to Ferguson. I beleive I said my stuff was confiscated and cleared of my pics & such from my trip to Ferguson, By a police dept in Kentucky. Whether you see it or not, what I read that you wrote..is racist. Im sure I aint the only one that feels this way. Instead of sitting around and writing racist comments on the internet, why not try to change the way it is. Oh, I forgot..it's a lost cause for you and a Polly anna act & attitude. It must suck to be as closed minded as you seem to be. It must suck to be you. Peace.....a reply to: Cancerwarrior

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I never told a soul why we went to Ferguson.

I and my sons, along with several "friends" went to participate in the protest and support our fellow citizens against how they were being treated.

I comprehend what you are saying just fine. You are the one contradicting yourself quite openly.

Instead of sitting around and writing racist comments on the internet, why not try to change the way it is.

You mean change how it is so I can end up like you making a whiney poor me thread about how the cops were mean to me because I attended a protest AGAINST the cops and then were stupid enough to tell them about it? I see things how they are not how I want them to be. You should try it sometime.

Whether you see it or not, what I read that you wrote..is racist.

I guess that is why you are so quick to post my "racist" comments then?

Oh, I forgot..it's a lost cause for you and a Polly anna act & attitude.

Yet if you read what I wrote on page 1.......

I agree. However human nature being what it is I guess only time will tell. Personally, I don't have as much faith in the human race as you seem to.

Yet I am the one who does not understand reading comprehension? Another contradiction from you.

It must suck to be you.

It must suck to be you and have no concept of the way that human nature is. I bet you're one of those white folks that voted for Obama to prove that you're not a racist did'nt you?

Actually life is pretty good at the moment. I'd still like to hear how I am "racist" against one group of people since I have literally black, red, white and brown people in my genetics. I guess I hate my black mother and uncles and aunts and cousins too? I like being me, I really could not care less if you don't. Why don't you "change my heart and mind" with fairy dust or however you plan on doing it since I am such a horrible racist? Tell us again how that worked out for you with the black folks in Ferguson?

I'm done with naive, presuming, white people (especially one who has obviously only lived exclusively with other white people their whole life, then claims to know what racism is) with lofty, unrealistic and unacheivable goals such as yourself. Time to let this thread go to the deep dark bowels of ATS never to be heard from again.

I would say interesting discussion but I would give this thread a negative star and flag if I could.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Trying to say your of mixed race is horse shat. Yea I told people about the trip......right when I wrote it down here at ATS. And again I was harrassed by cops in Kentucky not Ferguson MS.....never told police in Kentucky any thing either. The one driving the SUV did. I never said " hey man i got video on my phone about the cops in Ferguson" When your phone is taken and accessed while your temp-cuffed on the curb....little I can do about that. And I did not vote for Obama so you know. You told me what type person I am...let me return that for ya. Your one of the people that can't freaking stand people like me. You hate the fact I think we're all equal...no matter the color of your skin. You hate the fact I attempted to be part of something that effects ALL OF US. Probally because you think I choose the wrong side, the wrong color.

What I support the most is our Constitution....it was written for ALL OF US. What went down in Ferguson with the police stomps on the face of our Constitution. I went their to support PEOPLE American citizens..regardless of the color of their skin. Our Constitution starts by saying.......WE THE PEOPLE...not WE THE WHITE PEOPLE. You are you & i am me. We differ greatly on this subject, which is why I like ATS. All of us are different in many ways...including skin color. Peace to you Cancer Warrior.....I'm German, Dutch & Irish...you can't get much more caucasin.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Trying to say your of mixed race is horse shat.

And yet I still am. What, I don't fit neatly into your little black and white racism box? (pun intended) My mom is black and Adai indian and Arcadiana french. My dad is a frenchman with black and indian in his ancestry too. Like I said us creoles have all the colors of people in us (except no asain ancestry). I used to spend many a summer with my little black cousins in Lake Charles setting crab traps and fishing off the canals. Most of them were smart and moved away from this stupid state as soon as they were old enough.

Yea I told people about the trip......right when I wrote it down here at ATS.

Yet in your last post I thought you said you did'nt tell a soul?

And again I was harrassed by cops in Kentucky not Ferguson MS.

Why does it matter where the cops are from? You are the only one harping on this point like it somehow changes things. Now you know the tribal mentality of cops transcends state boundaries.

The one driving the SUV did. I never said " hey man i got video on my phone about the cops in Ferguson" When your phone is taken and accessed while your temp-cuffed on the curb....little I can do about that.

Then maybe you should have woke your arse up and told the driver "Hey man I hope you're not stupid enough to tell this guy we were at the Ferguson rally."

But hey, this way you are abstained from the outcome right? Always somebody else fault.

You told me what type person I am...let me return that for ya. Your one of the people that can't freaking stand people like me. You hate the fact I think we're all equal...no matter the color of your skin. You hate the fact I attempted to be part of something that effects ALL OF US. Probably because you think I choose the wrong side, the wrong color.

LOL like I said you had your preconceived notions about what racism is and is not before I even typed anything in this thread. You have been telling me what kind of person I am for the last three or four of your posts Mr. holier than thou.

Human beings are tribal creatures. It pervades everything in our life and yet few people take notice. Politics, religion, sports, income, literally everything. So why do people expect race or nationality to be any different? Somehow human nature is not going to apply to that one?

Central Louisiana has alot of different color people. Segregation ended here back in the 60's. Yet the black/white folks still have their side of town. There are grocery stores, tire shops, muffler shops and laundrymats that the black people go to and the white people have the ones that they go to.

So why do you think that is? I mean BY LAW people can go and do what they want yet they still choose to have "their" stores and places they want to go to for them? Because people are going to divide themselves up naturally one way or another. You say that TPTB use divide and conquer to great effect (and I agree, they do) However people still will do it to themselves regardless because human beings brains and bodies EVOLVED to live in their small familial tribes for millions of years and its only fairly recently in history that we are told its a bad thing to want to stick to your own tribe. Do you really think that TPTB engineer all the division in this country themselves? LOL you give them far too much credit if you believe that. We do it for them most of the time and never realize it.

To me, the only real tribe I have is my family. Black people and white people are both insane in different ways so I claim "other" when I have to fill out forms and they ask me my race. Still, to me the black folks are wayyyy more racist around here than any of the white folks are.But I'm sure the fact that I notice that will get me called a racist by Social justice warriors like you seem to be.

What went down in Ferguson with the police stomps on the face of our Constitution. I went their to support PEOPLE American citizens..regardless of the color of their skin. Our Constitution starts by saying.......WE THE PEOPLE...not WE THE WHITE PEOPLE.

Hate to break it to you, but your constitutional rights are just an illusion. They aren't really rights. They are a list of temporary priveledges that can be taken away at anytime deemed fit by those in authority. Its another one of those noble notions that in reality just does not apply. Just google Japanese American internment 1942 if you don't believe me. That's just one example of a group of peoples constituional rights being taken away on a whim and nobody ever saying anything ever about it. Happens all the time but it seems like its only noticed when they WANT you to notice it.

Really though I'm not sure why you keep arguing this point since I haven't even disagreed with anything you've said about it. Like I said, you had your mind made up about me before I even wrote in this thread.

I'm German, Dutch & Irish...you can't get much more caucasin.

You don't say, I could tell without looking at you that you're white as they come.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

sir you are one of the more aggressive, defensive and bad tempered people that I have ever seen on ATS. You took that to a place in your mind that was entirely unnecessary. Are you really that insecure?

Just relax. If you cant, move away from people and shut it all off. All this negative and emotional back and forth is not to yours or anyone's benefit.

Sir, I hope you find what ever opens your mind if that's important to you and what ever happiness you can in the process.
edit on 10 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Trying to say your of mixed race is horse shat. Yea I told people about the trip......right when I wrote it down here at ATS. And again I was harrassed by cops in Kentucky not Ferguson MS.....never told police in Kentucky any thing either. The one driving the SUV did. I never said " hey man i got video on my phone about the cops in Ferguson" When your phone is taken and accessed while your temp-cuffed on the curb....little I can do about that. And I did not vote for Obama so you know. You told me what type person I am...let me return that for ya. Your one of the people that can't freaking stand people like me. You hate the fact I think we're all equal...no matter the color of your skin. You hate the fact I attempted to be part of something that effects ALL OF US. Probally because you think I choose the wrong side, the wrong color.

What I support the most is our Constitution....it was written for ALL OF US. What went down in Ferguson with the police stomps on the face of our Constitution. I went their to support PEOPLE American citizens..regardless of the color of their skin. Our Constitution starts by saying.......WE THE PEOPLE...not WE THE WHITE PEOPLE. You are you & i am me. We differ greatly on this subject, which is why I like ATS. All of us are different in many ways...including skin color. Peace to you Cancer Warrior.....I'm German, Dutch & Irish...you can't get much more caucasin.

The poster you keep replying to hasn't said a single racist thing. You continue over and over to flat out call him a racist. It makes absolutely no sense. You are acting just like those black people that gave you the cold shoulder; unreasonable and illogical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join