It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallujah refugees vow revenge for assault.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The US forces launched a massive assault on Fallujah in November which killed over 2,000 Iraqis, made 250,000 people into refugees and destroyed buildings on every street in their attempt to bring peace to the city.

It seems as though the people who were forced out of their city and had their homes destroyed aren't too happy about that and are vowing revenge against the US.

Telegraph
�I feel hatred. I hurt. This is my city and it has been destroyed,� Ibrahim said, sitting on a thin mattress on the floor of a room he shares with his wife, seven children and another family.

�The people of Fallujah are people of revenge. If they don�t get their revenge now, they will next year or even after 50 years. But they will get it.�

There were reports on Fox about how successful the operation was and they talked about the 'Fallujah effect' calming down other areas in Iraq.

It doesn't seem as though that 'Fallujah effect' lasted very long as violence still seems to be commonplace there with at least 70 Iraqis killed by insurgents in the last three days and at least 11 US troops killed since Friday.

That massive operation in Fallujah seems to have not had the desired affect and may in fact lead to more attacks from Fallujah refugees wanting to exact revenge.

Kofi Annan's warning about the possible negative affects of the operation were met with angry criticism from US officials but he may have been right.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
While I understand this man's anger at the state of Fallujah, this is obviously just a knee-jerk reaction to the current situation. I am sure that now that the insurgents have been disinfected from the city and rebuilding can proceed, his attitude will change when he seees that progress that was stifled by the terrorists can now progress for the good of the people.

He may have a case if the US were planning to walk away from Fallujah without assisting in the rebuilding, but we all know that just the opposite is true:

U.S. and Iraqi authorities have set aside $178 million for immediate repairs and refurbishing Fallujah�s electrical grid and water-treatment facility. Another $1.2 billion in long-stalled funds is earmarked for Anbar province, which includes Fallujah.

Rebuilding can now proceed as long as we keep those who stole the Oil For Food funds away from the money, oui'?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
While I understand this man's anger at the state of Fallujah, this is obviously just a knee-jerk reaction to the current situation. I am sure that now that the insurgents have been disinfected from the city and rebuilding can proceed, his attitude will change when he seees that progress that was stifled by the terrorists can now progress for the good of the people.

He may have a case if the US were planning to walk away from Fallujah without assisting in the rebuilding, but we all know that just the opposite is true.

Hey, lets make a deal : i come to your house with an axe, break it into rubble, and give you a hundred dollars as i watch you rebuild it ?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah, actions now in the eyes of the young will only breed hatred, this people did not have much now most of them have nothing.

Yeah, way to go in winning the harts and minds of the people.

And again some keep forgetting that most insurgents are "Iraqis" against the invasion.

Hell I you invade my house and destroyed it,I will be mad as hell too, even in the news they are talking about how disappointed the people in Iraq is right now.

I think if US is not going to get any help from other countries then it should handle that country to its rightfull owners (the people) and get the hell out of there.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Hey, lets make a deal : i come to your house with an axe, break it into rubble, and give you a hundred dollars as i watch you rebuild it ?

If my house were infested with rats and cockroaches (insurgents and muhajadeen) I'd probably pay you a hundred dollars to tear it down.

As for rebuilding it myself, there is no greater outcome than the fruits of a labor of love.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

As for rebuilding it myself, there is no greater outcome than the fruits of a labor of love.

I see, we understand each other, can i take this as a 'yes' ?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

We understand each other if you admit that the insurgents and muhajadeen are rats and cockroaches and should be eliminated.

Re-read my response. IF is a little word with a big meaning.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

We understand each other if you admit that the insurgents and muhajadeen are rats and cockroaches and should be eliminated.

Re-read my response. IF is a little word with a big meaning.

This is not the first time i observe your 'creative' interpretation of english syntax. There is only one verdict on your case : you should relearn the laws of linguistics and logical articulation.

Now back to topic.

Fallujah will be a symbol of grief, wanton killing, and destruction. Trying to prevent that, the administration has already announced that it would turn Fallujah into a 'model city' of Iraq, trying to shake off the historical parallel to Guernica, in a desperate effort to show "Look, look, we are not like the Nazis!!"

Viva la muerte

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

By AceOfBase
There were reports on Fox about how successful the operation was and they talked about the 'Fallujah effect' calming down other areas in Iraq.

A total of 135 Americans were killed in November, equaling the largest number of deaths in any single month, namely April when curiously enough, the Marines were trying to take -- Fallujah!

Despite this, and after almost a month of operations, as well as assistance from the British Black Watch Regiment, US troops are still not in total control of Fallujah.

The city hs been virtually destroyed by bombs and advancing main battle tanks.

I watched a television interview with a correspondent live in Iraq this morning who said that "Iraqi citizens are flocking in droves to join the resistance". He claims that the U.S is losing control of Iraq mainly because the Iraqi's want them out and are fighting back with renewed determination. They are just sick of the destruction and civilian deaths.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

If my house were infested with rats and cockroaches (insurgents and muhajadeen) I'd probably pay you a hundred dollars to tear it down.

Humans consider their life in terms of habitation. When you destroy someones house or their church, you are destroying their life.

The US is the occupier, if you have not noticed, and the people they are killing are iraqi's.

If you want to talk about savages and stone age people, look no further than people who kill for a dollar.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can certainly try to sympathize with those who have suffered so much in Fallujah.

It seems to me, however, that anyone who actually cares about the people of Fallujah would not be so keen on the idea of stockpiling explosives there and using it as a base of operations for terrorist attacks.

Those who have done so don't appear to have cared at all for the well-being of the people they cravenly used as human shields.

�The people of Fallujah are people of revenge. If they don�t get their revenge now, they will next year or even after 50 years. But they will get it.�

This is not the attitude that will make Fallujah a better place to live.

If they wanted a fight, they got one. If they still want a fight, they'll get one. When they stop fighting, they can have something other than fighting to look forward to.

But only if they stop fighting.

For the curious, the actual title of the source article for this thread is:

Rebuilding Fallujah a big task for Iraqi leaders.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Humans consider their life in terms of habitation. When you destroy someones house or their church, you are destroying their life.

How about those who have defiled your church with weapons or who have confiscated your property to use as a torture room? I don't know about you, but I would rather see it torn down than used for that.

The US is the occupier, if you have not noticed, and the people they are killing are iraqi's.

The US is killing insurgents and terrorists. Why do you think that Al Qaeda came to Iraq? For noble political and humanitarian reasons?

If you want to talk about savages and stone age people, look no further than people who kill for a dollar.

Excellent definition of the insurgents and terrorists.

EDIT Typos

[edit on 7-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

This is not the first time i observe your 'creative' interpretation of english syntax. There is only one verdict on your case : you should relearn the laws of linguistics and logical articulation.

Don't be jealous just because I'm better at your game than you are. It shows bad sportmanship on your part.

new topics

top topics

join