It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: 'Russia has launched a great war'...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ukraine crisis: 'Russia has launched a great war' is the title of the article and one has to wonder if the statements are a prelude to something that no thinking person should ever want.. I wonder how much of the drums of war are being beat to stop the US dollar from being attacked and lost as the world reserve currency or is this just another war for oil and gas or some pipeline ?

"A great war has arrived at our doorstep - the likes of which Europe has not seen since World War Two," Ukrainian Defence Minister Valeriy Heletey wrote on Facebook on Monday.

"Unfortunately, the losses in such a war will be measured not in the hundreds but thousands and tens of thousands," he added.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Ukraine crisis: 'Russia has launched a great war' is the title of the article and one has to wonder if the statements are a prelude to something that no thinking person should ever want.. I wonder how much of the drums of war are being beat to stop the US dollar from being attacked and lost as the world reserve currency or is this just another war for oil and gas or some pipeline ?

"A great war has arrived at our doorstep - the likes of which Europe has not seen since World War Two," Ukrainian Defence Minister Valeriy Heletey wrote on Facebook on Monday.

"Unfortunately, the losses in such a war will be measured not in the hundreds but thousands and tens of thousands," he added.

www.bbc.com...

More anti Russia propaganda. Personally I think it's all carp. I happen to believe Putin. He told the world that Ukraine would be in civil war If they tried to join NATO. And that is exactly what is happening.

If Putin wanted Ukraine he would just take it. No way the EU is going to war over Ukraine, it is a political move, Ukraine is a valuable asset but not enough to start WW3.

As for the US, the citizens of this country are finished fighting other countries civil wars. The USA is doing exactly what it should right now, nothing. If Putin takes Ukraine that is of no concern to America.

Russia and China could obliterate Europe, before they even knew what hit them. If this leads to war, than the entire world has gone insane.

The times of starting wars with propaganda are over. The population is waking up way to fast for this BS to continue.

We have proven everyone is a liar. So what. If you think Putin cares about what the world thinks your wrong. Russians in general, even the ones living in the US, could give a damm what the world thinks of them.

They have no reason to back down, unless Putin is telling the truth about searching for a peaceful end. And he made it clear that war is an option, And I don't believe he is bluffing.

edit on 1-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
the irony is that they actually need each other (the us and russia)

i dont think their economy's would survive without one and another really.

theres so much trade going on losing each of either would ruin a huge sector of trade business and both are too stubborn to allow that, i think they are very safe.

china however while they do HUGE world business are at more risk while they do in fact supply massive amounts of goods to the west.

russia and the USA are sort of pals at the mo

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

You summed it up perfectly mate. The only ones crying that a 'Great War' will come of this are the Ukrainians. They wish they were worth that much. But alas they are not.

Putin said it best when he said if he wanted war he would have Kiev within 2 weeks. It is fact. So many people here think he is TRYING to take Ukraine. Give me a friggin' break. Putin is playing games - nothing more. And Ukraine should be happy games are all he wants. If he wanted Kiev, it'd be his already. If 'the West' wants to attempt a covert takeover of Ukraine then damn right Putin is going to help the opposition.

And certainly Putin and Russians alike could absolutely care less what the world thinks of them. After all - Americans are simply oblivious to what the outside world thinks of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
More anti Russia propaganda. Personally I think it's all carp. I happen to believe Putin. He told the world that Ukraine would be in civil war If they tried to join NATO. And that is exactly what is happening.

That's like the mafia saying if you go to the police your family will die. It's easy to make predictions when you are the one planning on making it come true.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's like the mafia saying if you go to the police your family will die. It's easy to make predictions when you are the one planning on making it come true.

Thier is no value to Putin doing anything but playing the propaganda game right now. The pro Russian forces in Ukraine are doing fine holding thier ground without help.

If Putin decides to help, he will go all in. Their is no other options. Today's satalite images, make it nearly impossible for them to help out covertly.

How exactly did he make this come true anyway? And how did pro NATO leadership take over Ukraine? Are you gonna blame Russia for that also?

edit on 2-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yup..

Codenamed Operation out of the frying pan.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think the US is using this incident to prop up (and hype up) another major threat to America and the UK/EU.

More major threats to America = stronger justification for big gov't/military and funds$$$.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Thier is no value to Putin doing anything but playing the propaganda game right now. The pro Russian forces in Ukraine are doing fine holding thier ground without help.

If Putin decides to help, he will go all in. Their is no other options. Today's satalite images, make it nearly impossible for them to help out covertly.

How exactly did he make this come true anyway? And how did pro NATO leadership take over Ukraine? Are you gonna blame Russia for that also?

Doing fine without help? How do you figure since Russian equipment and Russian soldiers are the only thing keeping the Rebellion going.

Pro NATO leadership did not take over.

The former leader ordered citizens killed, and then ran to Russia after stealing tons of money. After he left Parliament legally voted him out of office, and then elections took place with a new President voted in by the people .. including East Ukraine where the rebels allowed people to vote.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Poroshenko is the little boy who cried wolf. He's been running around and screaming the Russians are coming,the Russians are coming so much that you can't believe him. Almost every accusation he has made has been either disproven or ignored because he has nothing to back it up with. The man is nothing but a tool and not a very good one.

Nice to see we still have people that believe the nonsense the msm is putting out there for the sheeple.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Dimithae because: added more info

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Yeah no Russians in Crimea.

It's not like the Rebels were about to surrender before the Russian "aid" came in and then they start a massive offensive.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ukraine is a weak little nation whom thinks and acts like an little fascist war monger much like the NeoCons whom were are running America right now.

Ukraine shouldn't forget they to are Slavic.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

What would happen if Russia caused Mexico to have a revolution? What would the US response be? Do not get me wrong Russia is wrong for invading the Ukraine but the US is playing a dangerous game here.

Do I trust Russian leaders......NO.

Do I trust the EU and US leaders....NO.

It is time the common people who actually lose everything stand up on both sides and say.......ENOUGH.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A proper Russian invasion would see T90 not T72 tanks and current generation fighters and helicopter gunships I know Putin is definately stirring the pot but these Ukranians run around in circles going,'Im a teapot,Im a teapot' several times a day.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

So since they are slavic they should be slaves to their Russian overlords? Got it. Shame on them for wanting to be able to choose their leader ....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Ukrainian government is pretty dangerous yes.
Basicly their country is bankrupt and they would go far to get what they want.

They would do anything to make Russia look bad so they are really trying to escalate things..

It's not wise that the EU just grand their wishes.
Ukraine also is willing to cut the gas supply to Europe example. www.reuters.com...

edit on 2-9-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Ukraine is a weak little nation whom thinks and acts like an little fascist war monger much like the NeoCons whom were are running America right now.

Ukraine shouldn't forget they to are Slavic.

Ukraine did not invade Russia, Russia invaded Ukraine.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Doing fine without help? How do you figure since Russian equipment and Russian soldiers are the only thing keeping the Rebellion going.

The Russian soldiers are not operating under the Russian Army... Big difference. They have volunteered to fight alongside the rebels and the rebels have welcomed them with open arms. They are welcomed by Ukrainians, it's not an invasion.
edit on 2-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

How did and how has the US responded to Cuba?

Using Russian logic it would allow the US to invade Cuba since its in our near aboard right?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The Russian soldiers are not operating under the Russian Army... Big difference. They have volunteered to fight alongside the rebels and the rebels have welcomed them with open arms. They are welcomed by Ukrainians, it's not an invasion.

You might want to ask how it would look to Russia if our boys were there volunteering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join