It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel cancels settlement plans due to international pressure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Israel cancels settlement plans due to international pressure

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu cancelled plans to build 2,500 settlement units in Jerusalem due to international pressure, according to local media reports. Israeli officials told Walla! Netanyahu stopped the construction of new settlement homes primarily due to fear of an “international crisis”, after the US had urged him not to follow through with the plan. The housing units had been announced after the 12 June abduction of three Israeli settler teens, who were later found dead near Hebron. 1,500 units were to be built in south Jerusalem and a further 1,000 in West Bank settlements. “The national status after Operation Protective Edge is explosive and complicated,” an unnamed officials told Walla!. “Israel needs to act carefully and not initiate new crises that will be added to unavoidable crises created by the operation,” they added.

Hopefully this is true and they called off building the new settlement because Israel using the deaths of those kids as an excuse to build these settlements was sicking. It's time for the American government and other governments of the world to become more vocal when Israel starts breaking international law this way.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I doubt they'll give anything back though. They have only delayed until the world looks away (again).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm 'elated' as a U.S. Taxpayer that Israel is NOT going to be building any condos, funded by "suckers" like Me.. Where is ALL the $$$ the U.S. sends them avg. of $18B-$20B yearly? When I was 'really concerned' the numbers worked out to about $33k/per citizen. Doesn't Israel still have the #4 military?

I'd bet on 00 coming up 5x in a row in the game of Roulette, before the U.S. Gov't. stopping our 51st state and it's own "employer", IsFake...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'd love this to be true and have some level of humanity taught to ..."Gods Chosen people" ( I actually said that with a straight face) but...I'm betting on this thread being about what all the others mentioning Zionists ends up with...Arguments with neither side relenting. Hope it bodes well!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good, they shouldn't have been doing it anyways.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Nahh.. they just put it on hold till the worlds attention is busy elsewhere .. once the world is distracted israel will fire up the bulldozers and have at it again ..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Too much international pressure towards The State Of Israel for them to go ahead with plans...
That's excellent...
Next should be funds they receive...
Or More importantly political backing...
Only the US funds TSOI...
But half of Europe supports their actions...
Stop the support, the US will, hopefully for the people, stop sending money to them!

But the world is watching this Elitist Nutjob of a 51st State...
Too much for them... Not enough for the Global population!

In our thousands, in our millions, we are all, Palestinians!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
They'll do it next week when the masses are distracted by something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Even when Israel does the right thing, some people feel the need to keep bashing it. That's what's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

George Bush Jr has become a decent artist, shall we praise him from now on?

What about Warren Buffets philanthropic endeavors?
Shall we forgt he is an Elitest banker and pat him on the back?

We may forgive, we don't forget!
edit on 2-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We may forgive, we don't forget!

Wasn't that the Stern Gang's motto?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I don't know who they are, but they're still words of wisdom we can all understand!

You know what I meant anyways my friend...

Yes the past is the past, I understand your reaction, but we're talking about the very recent (week ago) past in Israel's case...
& they've only done something right under pressure... That's a bully's mentality...

Sooner or later someone punches the bully square in the jaw and they reassess their actions, hopefully they become a better State because of it!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If bowing to international pressure only leads to more hatred, what motivation does Israel have to respond to it? This has been the vicious circle that Israel has faced at the UN.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Nobody needs motivation to follow International Law, its a duty to their signature...

Besides I don't hate Israel, I don't hate any country...
The people in charge, hmm hates a strong word, I thoroughly dislike them though!

There is a vicious circle in Palestine as well...
Defend yourselves with rockets and die via shelling...
Agree to peace and we'll have a bit more land...
Defend occupation with violence expect retaliation...
Cease the violence we'll encroach a little further...

TSOI is far from innocent, even further from the victim!
edit on 2-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nobody needs motivation to follow International Law, its a duty to their signature...

Then join me in condemning Hamas for firing rockets at civilian targets, and refusing to acknowledge that, under international law, Israel has the right to exist. After all, I condemn Israel for condoning settlements in Palestinian territory and using excessive force in policing Gaza. Should work both ways, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Good news if it were true, however there's also this article from today:

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said on Tuesday that Israel stands behind its decision to appropriate West Bank land, adding that "the official policy of the government of Israel is first and foremost to focus on the settlement blocs, which would clearly remain under Israeli sovereignty in any [future] settlement."

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 2-9-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Respect due to Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond, finally an official representative of The UK is being vocal about this!

Meanwhile, British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said in a statement that his government "deplores the Israeli government’s expropriation of 988 acres of land around the settlement of Etzion."

Hammond added that the decision would cause "serious damage to Israel’s standing in the international community."

"Our position on settlements is clear: they are illegal under international law, present an obstacle to peace and take us further away from a two state solution at a time when negotiations to achieve this objective urgently need to be resumed," added Hammond, strongly urging Israel to reverse its decision.

UN, US, call on Israel to reverse decision on Palestinian land-grab!!!

William Hague would never have said something like this...
Phillip Hammond was a good replacement!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I've condemned Hamas numerous times throughout these threads...
I'm not a supporter of their ideology or tactics!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I've condemned Hamas numerous times throughout these threads...
I'm not a supporter of their ideology or tactics!

Thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join