It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sound of bells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

That was for a special someone lurking, who used those words last night.

He may have wet his pants by that topic. Smile.

"Bong Bong Bong"
edit on 2-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hey there, i have a good friend with temporal lobe epilepsy, specifically adpeaf.

it doesn't mean she fishes out on the floor, it's not that bad. it does mean she experiences auditory hallucinations, and "auras", usually just before a migraine. if you check out some of the epilepsy support forums, especially threads dealing with auditory hallucinations, bells are one of the most common things heard by folks with mild TLE.

that being said, in many western traditions, the presence of fairies is said to be signaled by the sound of bells.

eta. according to this book, you can prevent or minimize an episode by focusing on your favorite music or a specific song when you first start to hear things. like, biofeedback therapy.

edit on 2-9-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
As a schizophrenic when you hear bells your about to be in for a belting,same as smelling flowers or catholic incence

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

No clue what you mean

a reply to: ATODASO
That's interesting and someone could find use in that. Although this isn't a regular occurrence for me and I've never had a migraine in my life so in my case I don't think that's it. I cant be sure that dont have some epileptiphorm activity but never anything came up of any symptoms i am aware of. I'm not sure but I may have been looking toward the suns direction if that's relevant.

a reply to: khnum

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke or not. If you did your execution is poor i how abstract that is thus hard to get. If not, apologies.

Most the schizophrenics I've come across hear either voices, screaming, or buzzing like swarms of bees.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

it is interesting, isn't it? it's all the result of a little more electrical discharge than usual occurring in certain areas of the brain. they've even found recently that restless leg syndrome is related to epilepsy. it makes me wonder how often one-off occurrences (partial seizures without loss of consciousness or convulsions) happen in the general population.

as for looking at the sun, a lot epileptics are photosensitive, exposure to bright lights can trigger an episode.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I was wondering if its associated with any specific kind of entity? So is there anything to this or just nothing?

Anyone heard bells jingle or anything like that?

on different occasions I hear bells. but these bells are not the big Bongs from a Big Ben type of bell...

these chimes are from dozens of tiny bells

the best example that comes to mind was in a Star Trek episode...
the ritual included the ringing of a 2'X2' framework with some 12 rows of jingle bells strung up like some oversized Abacus of bells instead of beads

see:

www.imdb.com...

Star Trek: Season 2, Episode 1
Amok Time (15 Sep. 1967)

In the throes of his Pon Farr mating period, Spock must return to Vulcan to meet his intended future wife, betrothed from childhood.

Storyline
Lately, Spock's behavior has been increasingly and unprecedentedly erratic. When McCoy finds it to be a growing medical risk, Kirk drags the truth out of him: it is the 'blood fever', the one time in a Vulcan's life he regresses to a primitive, hormonal state of mind, setting out to mate for life. He is granted the first request for shore-leave in his entire career to go to Vulcan, asking Kirk and McCoy to join him in his equivalent of a marriage ceremony with his since-age-seven arranged fiancée, T'Pring. But, once on Vulcan, T'Pring halts the matrimony by calling the ancient challenge, whereby a champion of her choice will fight Spock for her. Surprising all, she selects Jim Kirk. He accepts after due consideration only to find, when the first of two dueling weapons are handed out, that the fight is to the death - too late to decline in front of T'Pau, the presiding top official for Spock's family and the most powerful of all Vulcan dignitaries. Written by KGF Vissers....

I could not find a still shot of the ceremony where the ?Priest? jiggled the bell laden instrument, but there is the episode info so you can watch the "Amok Time" episode and hear the bells

I hear those dozens of bells
or else a huge flock of birds
but mostly the ringing or tinnitus whizzing sounds most often

when I hear the chiming bells tinkling, it sometimes becomes complex like a Mozart movement as opposed to a simple percussion sound

? sounds from another dimension , leaking into our reality ?
I fantasize that the complex music of the bells tinkling
or the cacophony of the massive flock of birds has a complexity to it that I need to decipher...perhaps these sounds are telepathic messages from the-other-side ?

edit on nd30140965991902112014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

I'm not sure what it could really mean. Epileptiform activity is neurons firing at once rather than in pattern. I could see that as interfering with function some places of the brain causing problems but other I think its possible it might be just different or maybe occasionally better function. I can be exposed to flashing lights and pulsating sounds and things like that without any effect to me aside from annoyance so im not sure if spontaneous epileptiform would happen when it doesnt other times.

a reply to: St Udio
lol i watched that ep all the way through now. I that would be odd to hear something sounding like that. You mentioning preists makes me think. Dont some native americans use bells in rituals? I think some eastern religions make use of small bells on staffs too.

How much is different occasions? If its fairly often or extremely loud that would be worrisome. Odd that it makes sort of a musical rhythm though.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't find anything :/
My grandma aways told me a tale about kitsunes and bells, but idk if have anything to do with your experience

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yuuma

Hm I dunno, maybe. What did she say about the tale? Or was it only about this kind of bell?

Bell sound i heard was pretty sure it was metal rather than ceramic if thats the case.

I've always kind of wondered if mythological beings are known to leave the places of their origin of legend. Like would a kitsune be in the US?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I really can't remember how it was, but surely wasn't a "popular" tale, was about kitsunes tricking some unsuspecting people.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
a reply to: Maigret

After I heard the sound it was sorta enchanting like caught my curiosity and i felt like my focus made me feel like i was in an enclosed space if that makes sense but im not sure since it lasted like literally 1.5 seconds but felt a little longer. I wasnt startled or anything.

That sounds intriguing. I'd like to know how it eventually pans out, Aural!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I looked into the temporal lobe epilepsy thing more and the "bells" i usually see described heard by people with it are church bells not small bells at least what i saw.

I tried to go over the area with a metal detector as someone suggested but I need new batteries it died before I was able to as they were not good batteries.

I cant be sure if this is related but I recently had been walking outside with my boading balls in my hand rotating them. They are metal balls that make a chiming sound and i walked right past the same place i heard the sound originally not really thinking about it. Although they dont sound quite the same as they are very chime sounding and i heard something a bit more ping sounding so its not a time loop of sorts but I dunno maybe someone else might think it was. I myself cant be sure on that and know my walking path was possibly influenced by the previous events.

Nothing strange happened here recently.

The whole faerie thing i keep seeing contradictions some places say faeries like bells others say they hate them and some say they make sounds like bells. I guess since tehy are used in literature it makes it hard to get the characteristics from folklore clear.

a reply to: St Udio

Thought it might be worth mentioning I came acoss something called musical hallucinations in case you havent heard of it before. Apparently its rare. Not sure if that is it or just something similar.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

How did you sleep that night? Good, bad, deep, broken etc?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hard to say as my sleep habits are pretty inconsistent varrying by day but most nights i get 10 hours sleep or if not 10 i have two sets of sleep cycles in 24 hours since I just go to bed whenever but I never really force myself to stay up as I do not have any work I do or anything. I dont have alarms to wake me in the mornings. As I recall I felt fine that day my eyes werent bloodshot feeling. I may have had a very minor headache for a short while. I don't think it was a sleep deprivation caused auditory hallucination even though I am pretty stressed often and have anxiety so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I started hallucinating so its not like I cant rule out entirely. I know multiple people with psychosis and im not sure but they generally seem to have hallucinations during when they are more emotional and when things are calmer like at afternoon which are not the emotional or environmental conditions I recall having at the moment as i wasn't more stressed than usual and not really emotional.

I guess me hearing this sound made me very curious of folklore, mythologies and paranormal witnessing of anything of this sort since it is more interesting for me to play on the 'what if's.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

From time to time, I've heard tinkling bells or breaking glass in the distance. On the evenings when I heard these sounds, I came to learn that a bad night's sleep was waiting. They'd always involve nightmares, broken sleep and sleep paralysis...horrible.

In my subjective experience the 'bells' were auditory hallucinations caused by mental exhaustion and lack of quality sleep.

If you'd had a similar experience of bad sleep, we might have just discovered a little known symptom of REM sleep-deprivation. Looks like Quasimodo's bells are mine alone...sigh...lol

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hm I guess i could call it a tinkling almost too. You said a bad nights sleep was waiting. Does that mean you heard the bells before your sleep was bad? I often have nightmares but rarely remember them and never experienced sleep paralysis before. Its only every once in a while I wind up in a biphasic sleep cycle. Dont think I was in it at the time.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

faeris love shinning objects. The tune or ringingnof a bell resonates with harmony and clears our muckyness if I can say that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join