It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sound of bells

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I a few weeks ago I was outside my house which is fairly distant from any neighbours and heard what sounded like the jingling of a bell or group of bells sounding off twice in short succession what seemed to be right in front of me. Then looked around and saw nothing that could have made this sound. I only saw a shinny penny (american) on the ground. i think tails side up and it is a brand new penny from 2014. Not sure if that is related or just coincidence. It happened so quick i am unsure I even really heard it or just imagined it but it was very clear sounding so I suppose I must have heard it since i reacted like i did for sure. There are no cats in the area who have bells on, some stray cats are territorial of around my house so no random cat wonders here and it sounded not the same pattern of sound you hear from a cat walking. Before you ask i have a wind chime but its very large and sounds nothing like this sound. I do not live alone i do have my parents here so its not too odd for there to be money on the ground occasionally but its still rare enough to find it outside like that on the driveway.

So anyway the sound was strange as if something youd hear in a paranormal movie because the sound although clear also sounded like it was reverberating despite being in the outdoors.

I was wondering if its associated with any specific kind of entity? So is there anything to this or just nothing? Anyone heard bells jingle or anything like that?

I figured this doesnt need to be in gray area as this isn't really spectacular and is more discussion oriented on the subject rather than just my possible experience. I know it could just be nothing but me hearing things so you dont need to put emphasis on that too much.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was faeries.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

heard what sounded like the jingling of a bell or group of bells sounding off twice in short succession what seemed to be right in front of me.

To cool. Bells, chimes, chains…

Noises from the spirit world. I heard chains once. Wish it had been bells. What they mean someone else will have to impart.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The day before my mom passed from lung cancer I was sitting next to her and she got frightened and said to me "Church bells. There's church bells ringing.". She was frightened and covered it as best as she could but I knew. Everyone else remained quiet (they don't believe in these things like my mother did. I still get weird looks when I bring up paranormal topics
)

We never hear church bells over here, it was cold out with snow on the ground so all the windows and doors were shut. She had a lot of experiences/encounters some of which I saw too.

These things happen a lot. I'm certain there was something around you that day.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When you hear a bell, An angel gets it's wings!...that's an old saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've heard about a tale some time ago about these "bells" sound. I can't remember right now but I'll try to find and send to you
edit on 1-9-2014 by Yuuma because: typo

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
What makes you think that? One thought that did pass my mind is it did feel faerie like of a thing as it happened. Do you have any writings or stories of faeries and jiggling of bells or do you just like to attribute faeries to things?

a reply to: intrptr
Chains sounds so old school cliche like something out of old occult groups doing seances. lol Would be a bit creepy to hear though id imagine.

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Sorry about your loss.

Not sure if it really was something around me. I did feel a little strange like something was around briefly but still was unsure if i even heard anything at all. I wish it lasted longer so id be more sure.
a reply to: Meldionne1
You sure that's an old phrase? Since its also a quote from Its a Wonderful Life. Also i think that is referencing a different kind of bell.

a reply to: Yuuma

Yes I keep thinking there is something. It sounds familiar to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What was the feeling you got at the time? Usually the sound is to draw your attention to something, and if the feeling was a good one, then it's a happy event - and vice versa.

A while back, just before falling asleep, I kept hearing 'ripping tape' with a feeling of terror. I couldn't make head or tail of what it meant until later, when I realised that I had changed countries and was ripping the tape off packing boxes - that this had been a warning NOT to move. I deeply regret not thinking about it more, but by the morning I would've forgotten about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

After I heard the sound it was sorta enchanting like caught my curiosity and i felt like my focus made me feel like i was in an enclosed space if that makes sense but im not sure since it lasted like literally 1.5 seconds but felt a little longer. I wasnt startled or anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
faeriemagick.com...

I'm not a details person but, just Googling faeries and bells this is the first site.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If you are sure it was bells, like small bells, shaking, like small sleigh bells, yea it could have very well been a paranormal event. But its hard to tell what it means. I could give you examples of bells used like this good and bad so to speak.

May be related to something in your recent past, days or weeks. Could be anything.

Anything come to mind when you heard the bells? What was your first thought?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Them liking bells is a bit different from bells being associated but i guess I could look more

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You sure that's an old phrase? Since its also a quote from Its a Wonderful Life. Also i think that is referencing a different kind of bell.

In response to:Aural

Yes... It was in the movie, however...it has been a saying in my family for generations . Coincidence? I don't know...but there are a few biblical /religious sites that claim that saying has been popular amongst children for over 100 years....and that is well before the movie was made.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
Yeah sleigh bell like sound played kind of gentle. I keep trying to find an audio example that matches best i can but its hard to match.

I thought well thats odd. Nothing personal like there is no emotional connection to bells or anything. I dont really have important memories like that. My first thought was joking that it was a faerie. I think it may have also passed my mind wondering if it was a goddess or something. I dont really remember well since this was so brief and it was like a few weeks ago. Since i have the penny i found still it made me think of it and been bugging me so i figured id post about it a little.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If you don't mind me asking, have you been to psychic lately, had a death in the family or someone close? Have you been looking for answers to some question? Did anything particular come to mind at the time?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I havent been to any psychic in person. Ive personally known people of abilities i speak to online but no one close if thats what you mean.

No ones died that I know of.

Answers to a question yes i suppose. Not sure what came to mind since i cant remember every thought of every moment but it likely was same thing ive been thinking of often which is a girl i care about, leaving not talking to me for a long time and not sure if or how to get us closer again.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well someone was definitely trying to get your attention.....If I were you...id get a metal detector and walk around the area you found the penny....maybe someone was trying to tell you to look there?! ...just a thought....

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Penny was on the driveway though. Only thing else i that area is some lawn and a big tree then another big tree further off. Why a metal detector? If i was some ghost or something id sure make more than a jingle for someone to find something. I do have a detector though.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I was thinking the ghost ,angel, or spirit were trying to point something out to you...and since you found a penny, maybe they were trying to tell you there was money there...like something buried . A stash of coins or cash ....it happens!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well if its under the driveway i cant get to it. It was newly paved a few days ago even.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join